Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Fighting For Tomorrow ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Another update? Yep! I'm on time this time! Sorry about my long absence. I should complete things before I start new ones.
 
Well, enjoy!
 
 
 
 
::
 
The Other Side Of The Picture
 
Chapter 16: Fighting For Tomorrow
 
By: Hinoto Nobukaze
 
::
 
 
~~
 
Life's just a duel
That's how the world is made
But are we really players?
Or are we being played?
 
One Card Short- Yu-Gi-Oh
 
~~
 
Violent desire. Violent desire.
Painting every shadow in the colors of red
Roaring like the lion. Pulling like the tide.
Follow me and I will put them all to bed
A good night forever
 
Vampire Princess Miyuu- Violent Red - Lyrics Konaka Riyu Sung by: Brad Holmes
 
~~
 
 
The room was silent as Saionji sat there, pondering. The book in which contained the orange rose sat on his table, along with the picture Juri had given him, sitting atop of it.
 
`She will be back.' The green haired kendoist thought to himself. `If she doesn't come back, I can always attend another Seitokai meeting to see her again.'
 
He leaned his head into the back of the chair, green locks cascading about the back of the chair, shimmering amongst the light.
 
He took a deep breath.
 
`As long as my picture is in her locket, she'll come…Just as she did with Shiori.' Saionji smirked. `She can't get away from her feelings.'
 
Purple eyes closed.
 
“And I will wait for you…Arisugawa.”
 
There was a pause.
 
“I'll wait for you as long as needed, just as you have for me and I will find out who you have in that locket.”
 
After a few moments of sitting in a riddle of silence, there was a knock at Saionji's dorm room door. He arose and walked casually over and twisted the door knob, the door slowly opened to reveal the orange haired woman standing at the door.
 
“Juri-san.”
 
“Saionji-kun.” She smirked.
 
“Come in, “ Saionji stepped to the side, letting the woman stroll through. She shut the door carefully behind herself.
 
She walked closely to her opponent, their faces mere inches apart.
 
`I knew she'd come back.' His thoughts asserted. Azure eyes burnt into amethyst.
 
“What did you come back for?” He asked.
 
“To get what rightfully is mine.” Juri purred, her hand running down Saionji's chest in a smooth, coy manner.
 
This made him go rigid once more. `What the hell is up with her this time?' He questioned.
 
She continued to run her hands down his chest, stopping a little off center, and then repeating the action. The green haired duelist's body was rigid, but as Juri continued, he slowly became less and less tense.
 
“What do you look so freaked out about?” Juri asked playfully.
 
“You're acting out of line. Why do you think I look freaked out?”
 
“Just relax.” She said quietly to him. “The pain will lessen if you welcome it.”
 
“What?” He asked quickly as the female's hand covered the place in which his heart had been. She put the other hand on his back, between his shoulder blades and pushed him back, the green haired kendoist wore a look of confusion as he was slowly being tilted, his green locks tumbling over his shoulders.
 
A white light emitted from the spot on his chest, where Juri's hand was placed.
 
The leopard pulled her hand back as the handle of a sword appeared. It was pulled from his chest slowly and painfully as the green rose let out an agonizing scream.
 
 
**
 
On a non descript wall of Ohtori Academy , the Shadow Playgirls, A-ko and B-ko were present.
 
B-ko was wearing a ball dress and holding an umbrella in one hand and a fan in the other. A-ko was also clad in ball attire.
 
“Why should I be tortured?” B-ko asked.
 
“What do you mean?” B-ko wondered.
 
“My love's heart belongs to another, and yet…My feelings have only rose for him over time. I do believe I gone mad!
 
I won't let anyone else have him but me! I deserve something good in my life for once. I need a light in the darkness. If I can't have him…” She pulled out a dagger. “No one can!”
 
**
 
Back at Ohtori, Utena, ChuChu and Anthy were in the dorm. Anthy was humming a happy tune and cooking. Utena, on the other hand was sitting at the table, with Chu Chu on his back, tickling his stomach with her finger and smiling at him.
 
The room stood in silence, all that could be heard was the chuckles from Chu Chu, the humming from Anthy and the various sounds of food being cooked.
 
There was a knock at the door.
 
“Hm?” The pink haired girl paused in mid action and looked at the door. “I'll get it!”
 
She hopped up and ran to the door, opening it with a smile on her face.
 
“Hello!” She beamed, then her look changed from cheerful to confused as she saw that no one was present. She looked from side to side, seeing both halls barren, and then she looked down and saw a letter at her feet.
 
“Huh?” She scratched her head. “Weird.”
 
She picked up the letter and broke the seal, beginning to read it.
 
`Tenjou Utena,
 
Meet me at the dueling grounds at 5:00 today.'
 
Utena looked up from the letter. Looks like she had a fight on her hands, the only question was with who? The letter wasn't signed.
 
After lunch, Utena departed for the dueling fields, finally reaching the giant rose gates. The water began to flow out. Utena advanced to the steps and transformed into her battle attire, the aspiring young prince.
 
When she got to the top of the dueling arena, all she could see was desks in the center of each desk sat a flower vase, with a green rose in it and to the side of the magnificent flower, was an intricate picture frame, with the portrait of Saionji in it. The battle field seemed barren.
 
Though the battle bells began to ring. `What's going on here?' Utena thought to herself.
 
Anthy held Utena's white rose, waiting for the duel to start.
 
“Hey! Who's there?!” She yelled, checking for any sign of life. “This had better not be a trick! And what's with all this stuff related to Saionji?”
 
“Wouldn't you like to know?” A feminine voice cut in.
 
“Huh?” Utena looked over her shoulder and she could see her opponent clearly. “Juri? She looked confused. “What are you doing here?”
 
 
**
 
A desperate struggle
The strongest takes all
The battle rages on
Until the weakest finally fall
 
-She's Got The Power- Sailor Moon
 
**
 
 
Preview for chapter 17:
 
There's wanting someone, then there's love.
 
A/N: It's finally done. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter as well. Glad to see that I've got some fans here! Thanks for sticking with me!