Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Vulnerability ❯ Vulnerability ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here is another chapter full of talking. Juri and Saionji are discussing things. There are many things to come and the two of them will soon show each of their similarities and I hope to convince people that this is not such an out there couple.

Now RR!

T T T T T T T

Vulnerability

Chapter 5: Vulnerability

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

T T T T T T T T

“Why are you doing this?” Saionji asked, looking back up to the ceiling.

“Is it what I’m doing, or what I’m not doing that confuses you?”

“Both.” He replied as his view of the wonderful spot on the ceiling was distorted by a rose. The rose was emerald, each part of it accented with the water that had spilt.

The man’s head shifted to her, his morose amethyst eyes looking at her. “Don’t you hate me?”

Juri, who was now lying on her side, propping herself up with one elbow closed her eyes and smiled. “Who knows?”

“What did you mean? When you said you were weak?” He asked.

The orange haired girl bit her lip a bit before vocalization. Her gaze went to the ground. “We’re not so different…” The duelist’s barely perceptible voice came, as if she didn’t want to even tell him, but figured she owed him for looking in his book.

There was a silence before the woman spoke again.

“We feel a lot of the same things. We just deal with them differently.” The woman looked at his bandaged hand. “What’s really the deal behind that cut? Are you one of those masochists?”

“I made a miscal-“Saionji was cut off by Juri’s firm voice.

“Miscalculation my ass. What’s the truth?”

He shut his eyes, the last of the tears rolling down his face, finally hitting the mass of emerald locks before it made its way to the floor. “Long story.”

“We’ve got time.”

“Well, I wanted to relieve the pain…so I did.” Saionji had given up retaliation, figuring since Juri already had known, telling it all wouldn’t hurt him any more then he already was.

The vice president lifted the hand with the crimson stained cloth around it. The cloth unwound itself from his hand to reveal the cut on his palm. The green haired man turned his head away.

“So, that’s what those boys were talking about when they came out of the bathroom and claimed to have seen a huge stain on the mirror of the men’s bathroom. I thought they were just making it up.”

“It wasn’t entirely true. The stain wasn’t gigantic. It was just a small trickle of blood. I wasn’t even in my right mind at the time.” Saionji replied.

‘Why am I telling her this?’

“When are you?” Juri asked. “In my personal opinion, you’re psychotic. Anyone can tell that by your anger which drives you insane when you duel and become reckless. You cloud your senses with anger, and that’s how you lose.”

The kendoist flinched. He knew in his heart she was correct, even if he weren’t ready to admit it to himself.

“Why are you being so avoidant?” Juri asked.

“What? Do you not want to tell me because I read your book?”

“…”

“Still as stubborn as ever.”

“I could say the same thing about you.”

“Huh?”

“You always want to disprove miracles, but I know the truth.” He smiled. His smile was a kind smile, not his normal egotistical façade.

Juri turned her head with an annoyed look on her face, thinking that Saionji would try and prove her wrong, believing that he would prove her wrong.

“There are no such things as miracles.” They both said in unison.

“What?” The female duelist looked over at him, astonishment in her eyes.

‘What did he just say to me?’ She thought to herself.

“I’m not going to prove you wrong on this one. I may have contradicted things before that you have said, but I agree with you there. If there were such thing, it would have happened long ago.”

The female’s eyes widened. ‘He doesn’t want to prove me wrong, like everyone else?’

“Damn it.’ Saionji thought. ‘Why do I feel so vulnerable to her? I know I should have put up that book after I had finished writing in it, but I was careless, and I expected better out of her not to care enough to read it. Nothing seems to go my way…so why do I always expect it to?’

“You do agree?” She looked surprised.

“What? Did you think I would believe in miracles? What miracles? Why should I believe in something that never happens? No miracles and nothing eternal.”

“So, that’s why you’ve given up. You lost all belief. Not that I have anything to believe in either.”

“Is that what you wanted to revolutionize the world for? To disprove miracles?” He asked.

“I suppose.”

There was a long silence, as Juri flipped onto her back, staring at the ceiling along with Saionji.

“So, “She finally spoke up. “What’s so interesting on the ceiling?”

“…” Was the only thing she heard. Juri turned her head to look at the kendoist. He looked wretched. A deep set frown plastered to his face, his sad eyes illuminated with many colors. “Are you happy now? Now that you know my secrets?”

“You act like it’s the end of the world. I already told you that I’m not going to say anything about your damn book.”

“I don’t trust you.”

“Look, whatever.” The curly haired duelist made a face of frustration. “Do what you want.”

“…” Was her reply as he closed his eyes.

Preview for chapter 6:

Juri makes an odd request that shakes more then Saionji’s nerves.

A/N: I know, I know, that was mean.

Please check out Oneesan no Miroku Houshi and Red Rose Touga’s fanfics. Oneesan was the original founder of this couple, and I thank her and her wonderful fanfics, The Unspoken Heart and Who’s In The Locket? Which started the whole fanfic revolution for this couple.

Please RR!