Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning ❯ Vampires... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Is it my curse to be alone?

Or is it something that everybody goes through?

I look around, all the people near me are happy,

Because they've found someone who loves them, someone to latch on to.

As for me, I'm starting to believe that love was not meant for me,

I hardly understand what love is.

Nobody has ever shown me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-----------------------------------------------

I really don't know why many people are scared of staying out late at night now, and why people don't leave their windows open anymore for fresh midnight air. Do they fear that something is going to climb in and eat them? Ha! No such beasts. The ones I know of though, would hypnotize you in your sleep, make you open the window so they can climb in and drink your blood until there's nothing left inside you dried dead body…a vampire.

Another thing people call me crazy for; I am an admirer of vampires.

I don't know what it is that fascinates me about them. They are undead, yes; they feed on mortals, true; they have incredible taste in music, art, and literature, now that I cannot deny! They have lost their abilities to walk in daylight, sad to say; but one thing they haven't lost, I have noticed, is their ability to love another.

I realized that when I was sitting in a tree last night and I saw two lovers kissing on a bench in the park. I've heard tragic stories about vampire/mortal lovers and I wished that there were a chance for a story like that to not be so tragic. Like, nobody dies in the end. Not the vampire, not the mortal, nobody.

Heh, I must be lovesick or something. Love…to be honest love is something foreign to me. My parents were never around a lot and when they were they never really paid attention to me. It was one of the reasons why I ran away; I wanted attention. Now I don't really care.

Someone yesterday in school actually called me a vampire because I'm quiet. Well, they are solitary creatures, yes, but I only not speak in school because there is nothing for me to say to the fools who go there. I am like the only one who can get 100% in every subject in that night school.

But still, in my opinion, me being called a vampire is an insult to the vampire race! I am not fit to be a vampire than the vampires are to walk in daylight. That's it, end of discussion. Bye, bye, see you later!