Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Huntress of the Night ❯ The Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

D rode on through the desert, close to reaching his destination. Somebody has summoned him for a certain reason and he had to get there before Heat Syndrome got him again. Once he got to the town it was nearly destroyed. The dunpeal quietly headed to the mayor's house. He got off his horse and went inside, the mayor was sitting in his chair, but he stood up when D walked in.

"Excellent, you're here. I was thinking you wouldn't come. I am Mayor Simmons, and I have summoned you here for this reason," the mayor said but stopped as a few bats flew about his office then stopped somewhere.

D just stood there, "Go on, I'm listening."

The mayor nodded, "It's about my son, Rolland. Three nights ago he was kidnapped, along with my niece Amelia. Some people said that night it was a vampire that took them. I'll pay you 40 million dollars, just please, if you find them and they've been changed, please be kind to them. Make their deaths less suffering as possible."

"I understand, I'll do it, I'll bring your niece and son back, one way or another."

"Since you're going I must tell you that you have some competition……………I've also hired a young huntress, Alexiel. She has a head start on you for a 16 year old."

"That won't be a problem."

And with that, D walked out, mounted his horse and left.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The moon was full that night as D rode on. Lefty wouldn't stop shutting up about their competition.

"16. A huntress that is 16. What is the world coming to today? I ask you. Kids are throwing their lives away for killing --- wait! Did he say Alexiel!?!"

"I think so, why?"

"Oh never mind. It's just that the name sounds familiar that's all."

~*~*~*~*~*~

D reached another town very quickly. He dismounted and headed into a bar. He sat at the counter and ordered one beer; nobody paid much attention to him, they just continued talking and playing some poker. One table behind D was chatting about most of the unusual things. So he felt like listening.

"Hey, did you guys here about what happened two nights ago?" one poker player questioned.

"Yeah! That vampire huntress, Alexiel was one hell of a fighter," said another after taking a drink from his beer.

"Wanna know something bizarre about the kid?"

"I'm listening."

"Rumors say that Alexiel is truly a child of Count Dracula himself!"

"No way!"

D's ears perked up at the sound if his father's name.

"Seriously! Alexiel Dracula Jr. is what they call her. But she isn't at all in daylight, which means she isn't a dunpeal at all. She's a full vamp, the bitch."

"Then why is she a huntress of her kind?"

"No idea."

"Any idea on what she looks like? Or do the rumors not include that?"

"They don't."

They stopped chatting when they noticed D was now was right behind them, listening in. "What did Alexiel do in that town two nights ago?"

"You mean you haven't heard?" a player questioned, "Alexiel defeated a big troop of Barberoy all by herself. And she didn't come out of the fight with a single scratch on her body!"

"Hm……………..where is she now?"

"Nobody knows. She only appears after sundown."

D said nothing else and walked out, he mounted on his horse and was about to leave until he ran into a stray horse. The horse looked very much like his own only a little smaller. A stable man came out to steady the horse.

"Easy boy! Steady, steady. Shh. I do apologize sir. This girl's horse is pretty feisty."

"It's alright."

"I hope this one didn't hurt you."

"No."

"Okay, I really am sorry. Come on you! Back inside!" the stable man pulled the horse back inside the stable so D could leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~