Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Huntress of the Night ❯ Being Attacked ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The moon that night was full again as D rode on. He rode through the forest this time, not thinking of a simple thing………………and trying to shut Lefty up.

"Full vamp, humph! Full vamp my middle finger! A girl like that cannot be a vampire, I say she's a dunpeal."

"They said she was my father's daughter."

"So? You could have a sister and not even no it."

"……………….I have no sister."

"Oh well, you never know. You might."

Just then the horse halted to a stop. D tried to steady him but the horse threw him off and made him land on his ass. Being spooked, it ran off somewhere.

"Wow," Lefty said. "I wonder what got him scared."

"He got a sniff of something he doesn't like."

"And you?"

"Quiet…………………someb ody else is around here."

D got up again and was about to unsheathe his sword but some kind of blade struck his hand away. It spun away like a boomerang then came back and almost took off Lefty.

"Yikes! What was that!?!"

"Blade boomerang."

"I guess I should have asked where did that come from."

Branches of a few trees began shaking and two more boomerangs sliced through. D just jumped out of the way but when he landed a shadowy person jumped down and lunged a dagger close to his heart. D grasped him by both wrists, but the stranger kneed him in the nuts, step on his pelvis and flipped over and up hitting D in the chin with his knees. Then he whirled around with his wrists still in D's hands and he high-kicked D right in the face, causing D to release his wrists. Both fell to the ground, D on his ass again and the stranger on one knee and both hands panting.

".Wow………………… 230;...you tired me out……………………you're pretty good…………………..for a hunter." the stranger spoke. And to D's surprise, the voice was young and female.

A lantern was then shown in the darkness, shining at the both of them; and a boy of 18 years appeared.

"Dammit Alexiel! I told you to wait for me back at the Inn!" the boy said angrily.

//Alexiel?// D thought to himself. //That can't be the same one I heard of.//

"Yeah well I couldn't wait any longer. You were seven minutes late," Alexiel got up and dusted herself off.

The boy then glanced over at the hunter still on the ground, "Who's your friend?"

"No friend of mine. He must be that other vampire hunter Mayor Simmons hired." Alexiel glanced over at D who was now getting up. "Are you he?"

D did not answer.

"Silence, eh? Yep. That's D alright."

"He's always like this. Believe me I should know," Lefty blurted out loud.

"Who said that?"

"Nobody………………..and who are you?"

"…………….Alexiel……&# 8230;………….and this is my partner, Owen."

Owen lightly waved, of course D didn't reply.

"Well, we better head back to the Inn and get some rest Alex."

The girl then jerked her head over to the blue-haired boy, glaring deadly.

"Oops! Sorry. I mean Alexiel, sorry!"

"That's better."

".Hm………………...you hate nicknames huh?" D narrowed his eyes at the two partners.

"I despise 'em!"

"Hello! We should get back to the Inn now!"

Alexiel just narrowed her eyes and turned to walk behind Owen heading back to the Inn.

~*~*~*~*~