Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ My Mirror Only Showed Your Heart and Eyes ❯ Memories of the Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello! This is my first story ever to be done…. EVER! Dx
Please review! I want to know what you think of this first chapter. I also would LOVE to know whether if it's good. I need encouragement so I can do a second chapter!!
(insert thanks to my beta reader, Adrienne)
 
Disclaimer: Sadly I don't own Vampire Knight.
 
Enjoy……
 
KanaYume13
 

 
Chapter One:
Memories of the Day
 
“So how was your first day of second grade, Sam?” I asked smiling and hugged my sister.
 
“It was good,” She giggled and skipped ahead of me. Her long brown hair bounced on her back, “How was your first day of eighth grade?”
 
I flinched and kept walking on the sidewalk. I replied, “Great.”
 
“Aww Hallie,” Samantha said sadly and handed me her backpack, “What's wrong?”
 
“Nothing,” I muttered and kept walking back home in a brisk pace.
 
Samantha followed me quietly, but I could sense she was a bit upset that I didn't tell her much. It hurt me a bit because I loved her so much.
My friend and I got in a fight today. It was completely stupid which is why I didn't bother to tell Sam. My friend got angry that I was hanging out with her enemy.
 
I sighed and started to think about the snack I was going to arrive home to, but I heard the sound of a car.
 
I looked ahead of me and saw a large black van coming toward us on the street. I tilted my head a bit when I saw the person driving the car. My dark brown eyes were stunned and jealous as I saw the beautiful woman. She was role-model gorgeous. Her blond hair flowed down in big curls. Her pale skin wasn't flawed. Lastly I saw her cold green eyes. Her eyes were wonderful yet frightening at the same time. I was hypnotized by them. Why can't I stop looking at her eyes? I stopped my walking and stared at her.
 
I was so captivated that I didn't notice the guy jumping out of the van from the back. He was running at Sam with intent, but I was frozen and barely aware of what was happening. In seconds I heard Sam's muffled scream and it broke me out of my trance. As I turned around to see what was going on, she was gone. I gasped and saw the man carrying Sam. He was running, but it wasn't like that at all. It only took him about 1 second to appear next to me and to appear behind the car. Before he jumped in the car, I caught the appearance of his face. He had blue eyes and wild light brown hair. Then the van raced away.
 
“No!” I screamed and sprinted to catch the van, but it was too late. The van disappeared around the corner and there was nothing left.
 
I just stood in the middle of the road completely mortified. Sam got kidnapped. How did it happen so fast? Sam is gone. No.
 
I shook my head and yelled, “SAM!”
 
Tears filled my eyes.
 
I have to call 911! Sam's getting farther away. I have to save her!
 
My hands trembled when I pressed the buttons on my cell phone.
 
“Hello?” A lady said.
 
“My sister just got kidnapped! You have to save her!” I shouted.
 
The woman spoke, but I couldn't understand what she said.
The words that came out of my mouth were just automatic.
 
Everything was a blur in my head. The police came and they asked me a fire load of questions. I don't really remember anything at all except for my desperation to find her. My parents were crying and I was constantly surrounded by voices and people.
 
It's all a hallucination. It's not real.
 
When night came, I went to bed immediately. My heart was so painful and heavy. I didn't fully understand what was happening. There was one thing I was sure of though. It was that she was gone.
 
I started to sob.
 
I'll never see Sam again. I started to shake violently with fear. I'll never see her again. They won't find her. She's dead. Dead. Sam is gone. She's gone forever. She's gone. Forever.
 
I closed my fists.
 
Why didn't I notice that guy? He ran so fast. It's not humanly possible. And why couldn't I stop looking at the woman?
 
I banged my fist against my pillow hard.
 
It's my fault isn't it? It's my fault.
 

 
After 2 months, the investigations and searches stopped. There were no clues at all. It was like the man, the woman, and Samantha had been erased from the face of Earth.
I was the only witness and the only thing I could recall were their faces. Even then, all the pictures the police showed me didn't match.
 
So Samantha is gone.
 

 
 
“Hallie? Hallie! Honey, it's time to wake up. You don't want to be late.”
 
It was my first day of high school as a junior.
 
I got up faster than normal this time because I didn't want to be late.
 
How long was it seen I talked to Sarah?
 
I grinned as I imagined her medium length blonde hair and bright brown eyes. Sarah was always happy and that made me happy too. Me and her were always together.
We had so much to talk about. It's been a month since the last time we hung out together. I had to go to San Diego for a vacation trip for 2 weeks.
 
I ran downstairs and hurried to eat my bagel with strawberry cream cheese.
 
I ate it like I was starved for 3 days, but I slowed to a stop when I thought of Samantha.
 
It's been about two years now…..
 
She'd be in fourth grade right now.
 
My eyes narrowed and my heart just sank. I took the last bite of my bagel and sat there. Time seemed to pass so quickly yet so slowly.
 
For the first few months when Samantha was gone I would cry every single night. I kept realizing I'd never hear, see, speak or touch her again. I kept realizing that if she was dead and then her life ended when she had so much ahead of her. Those two things were what made me cry at night. I sometimes just broke out crying in the middle of school when I thought of Sam. I loved her so much, but she was gone.
 
But at some point I didn't cry every time I thought of her because I told myself that she was ok where ever she was.
 
Samantha, I miss you.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Hallie did you hear about the new guy in our grade?” Sarah exclaimed.
 
“No not really. Um what's his name?”
 
“Kaden!” Sarah shouted.
 
“Oh Kaden is his name?” I asked.
 
“Yeah, I've never heard a guy called Kaden before,” Sarah remarked.
 
Kaden? Well I can't wait to see this Kaden. I sighed. I wonder if he's different than the rest of the guys I know.
 
Sarah sat down next to me and settled down at our lunch table. Michaela and Brittney, my other friends, were sitting across from us like last year. Michaela had short blond hair with a pixie look to her face and Brittney had bright red hair with an angular face. They were having a deep conversation about one of the guys they liked.
 
“So me and you have P.E next together right? Well guess what? I'm pretty sure we're going to have P.E with Kaden! She said and practically squealed.
 
Sarah was sort of boy crazy if you know what I mean, but you got used to it. We met in grade school and after that we were officially really great friends. When I went through tough times she was always there. Sarah always laughed and said the most random things though I'm glad that she can be serious when she needs to be. She's really incredible.
 
“And,” Sarah continued, “from what I heard, he's really, really, really cute!” She giggled and said, “I. Can't. Wait. To. See. Him.”
 
“Me either,” I agreed and scanned the lunch room for the possible Kaden.
 
We got dismissed 20 minutes later and I headed to the girl's locker room with Sarah. We found our lockers and everyone met up with our new gym teachers. Mine was Mrs. Iketon.
 
There was tons of noise in the gym since everyone was talking because the teachers told us to.
 
We sat on the bleachers and Sarah spoke, “Where's that new guy?” She pouted and I laughed a little, “Don't know.”
 
Then I saw one of the gym doors open to my right and out came a guy.
 
“That's Kaden,” Sarah whispered.
 
My eyes grew wide and my mouth dropped as I stared at his wild chestnut hair and blue eyes that looked familiar to me.
 
I had a sudden flashback then of the man who jumped in the van with Sam. He looked exactly like Kaden.
 
That person… he's…!
 
“Hallie?”
 
“That's…,” I managed to say and my body shook.
 
It's him. I know it's him that kidnapped Samantha and took her!
 

 
 
So? What do you think of my first chapter?
 
PLEASE REVIEW!!