Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ My Mirror Only Showed Your Heart and Eyes ❯ Closer to the Truth ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey, I just realized I never mentioned Hallie and Kaden's last names! Well I guess I should now or you might get confused later on.
 
Hallie Morgan
Kaden Takaki
 
So if you have questions about their last names (like why Kaden's last name is Japanese) please pm me.
Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight…T.T
So without further ado, enjoy this chapter.
 
KanaYume13

 
Chapter Three:
Closer to the Truth
 
I can't get it out of my mind. I dreamt that Kaden as a vampire!
 
I shook my head and ignored my thoughts relating to the nightmarish and silly dream last night. It was completely ridiculous and plus, it was almost the end of school so I needed to stop thinking about it. In two minutes I would be putting my plan in action.
 
I sighed miserably and added a plan to stalk Kaden back home.
 
Last night before my dream, I was thinking about following Kaden back home to see if his car was the black van. I needed to figure it out. If Kaden caught me following him, it would be so embarrassing.
 
Then the announcements were on telling us to join some clubs and at the end of it, the bell rang indicating the end of school. As quickly as I could, I ran to my locker and packed up. Kaden's locker was at the end of this hall and I was hoping that I could start following him from there. My heart was pounding hard against my chest and I exhaled. With a deep breath, I tippy toed to Kaden's locker and tried to see if he was there.
 
He's there alright. So all I need to do now is wait until he leaves and I can follow him.
 
Right then Kaden looked straight at me. I took a step back with frightened eyes because I was afraid he knew what I was going to do. He just turned his head back around and from the side of his face I could see a smile. Kaden closed his locker and started to head in the direction out of school.
 
I sighed in relief and stayed a distance behind him. When we were outside I made sure I was even further behind him so he wouldn't notice me. I concentrated on the back of his head and walked, making sure he wasn't too far away.
 
Jeez, I'm a friggin stalker!
 
I promised myself never ever to do something like this. Then Kaden quickly turned a corner on Troutfort St. and I walked even faster so he wouldn't get out of my sight. I grimaced because of my situation and tired feet. I'd at least walked for 30 minutes now and I wasn't recognizing anything around me.
 
Oh great, I'm lost. Next time I should think deeper about stuff like this.
 
Kaden seemed confident to where he was going so I had no choice, but to follow him still. I was starting to think that this was indeed a horrible idea and within 5 minutes Kaden stopped. He turned his head around to me ever so slightly and spoke loudly, “Why are you following me?”
 
I squeaked surprised and hid behind the nearest bush. Oh no! He knows!
 
I heard footsteps on the sidewalk approach me and then a low voice growled, “What are you doing?”
 
He took my arm and pulled me up. I snatched a quick glance at his beautiful face and saw disgust.
 
“Why are you following me?” Kaden asked again. He stood in front of me while I fidgeted and turned scarlet red.
 
“Um, I'm sorry!” I blurted out, “I shouldn't have done it.”
 
“But why are you stalking me?”
 
I continued to look down at the concrete sidewalk, still very red.
 
“Is it about…the me kidnapping your sister thing?” Kaden said.
 
“Uhhh…um…..”
 
“Well I didn't,” He answered, “That's the stupidest thing I've heard! You don't even know me and asking it out of the blue….ugh.” He turned and faced the street, “It's annoying.”
 
I looked at him upset and said, “I'm sorry. I'm sorry!”
 
He took my arm and dragged me, “Well you've followed me for awhile now. You probably don't know where you are.” His tone was suddenly a lot gentler and smoothening.
 
After a few minutes, he took me to a street where every single front yard of a house was guarded with many large thick trees. You couldn't see the houses at all and there was only the opening of driveways that pointed out there were houses past the barrier of trees. Kaden continued to drag me and we turned into the third driveway on the left of the street. He didn't say anything during this whole time. Finally, when I saw his yard and house, I gasped quietly. It was absolutely beautiful and stunning. The grass was green and healthier than what I've ever seen and stretched beside me on both sides of the long driveway. It continued on until it reached the many multi colored flowers that decorated the outside of the large white house. The house alone was beyond magnificent. It had two huge pillars at the front and between them were two doors. The house was three stories tall and you could say it was like a smaller version of the white house.
 
Kaden looked at me and smirked. He was probably amused that I was in awe of his grand house. Kaden let go of my arm and let me walk by myself.
 
“I'll get you a ride home,” He said and we stepped inside his wonderful place.
 
When I saw the inside, the large staircases were the first things I noticed. There was an elevator that was in between the staircases that reached up to the ceiling leading to the third floor. Everywhere around me were expensive vases and paintings that hung on the wall. To my right and left were rooms and offices and beneath the staircases were the gigantic dining room and the living room. Above me I could see a hall that lead to many other rooms. No doubt was there probably a basement filled with other things and rooms too. To put it simple, this place was way bigger than mine.
 
“Wow,” I sighed amazed and looked at Kaden admiringly.
 
He shrugged and shouted, “Aleena I'm home! Hey Bill, where are you?”
 
Immediately, a middle-aged man in a black suit came out of one of the rooms to our right and said, “Sorry Mr. Takaki, I didn't hear you.”
 
“It's ok,” Kaden grinned, “This is Hallie. She needs a ride home.”
 
“Of course. The chauffeur will bring Mrs. Hallie back home.”
 
I gasped enviously, “You are so lucky, Kaden!”
 
“Well yeah, thanks,” Kaden said, “Here, I'll show you the garage.”
 
We walked into the large garage and there were about six cars in there. I looked in amazement at the fancy cars.
 
I'm pretty sure he's not the kidnapper. I mean, I can tell!
 
I laughed at myself for actually stalking Kaden in the first place.
 
Kaden opened the garage door and outside was a sleek black car with the chauffeur in it ready to drive me home.
 
I smiled graciously and said, “Thank you very much!”
 
“No problem,” Kaden sighed, “Just tell the driver where you live and he'll drive you.”
 
I ran out of the hot garage and next to the shiny car and looked back at Kaden. He looked at me with another grin that warmed me like the sun. I turned around back to the car, but I caught something in the corner of my eye.
 
Wait… that car there in the garage….I couldn't see it before, but it's a black van!
 
My eyes widened in shock. It's a black van, but that's impossible.
 
“What's wrong, Hallie?” Kaden shouted to me.
 
“Uh nothing!” I quickly climbed into the car and told the driver my address.
 
As I got closer to my home, my mind was wild with thoughts.
 
A black van was exactly like the one I saw. I know it is….. But this isn't a coincidence anymore. So could Kaden really be the one who kidnapped…Sam?
 
I swallowed and started to grasp the fact that Kaden could really be the one.
 
It's really weird, but something is telling me it's true. It has to be.
 
 
 
At home I was still deep in thought. Kaden said he didn't kidnapper my sister, but he could've been lying. I sighed deeply.
 
I'll ask him again at geometry. I have to know.
 

 
Oh I really need to do longer chapters….and make things go faster!! Hey readers, do you agree with me? About the longer chapters and a faster paced story?
 
Well anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll try to make the next one better.