Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ Will You Stay With Me? ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2
Yuki returned to the marketplace. She was hoping to see Zero again. After all, it had been 5 years. She was determined but afraid. She didn't want him killing her.
She turned down an alleyway, still searching. What she didn't know was a Level E vampire was following her. “Blood, hissed the vampire. “And a pure one too. How delicious.”
Yuki turned and was frozen. She didn't have the Artemis rod. She wished she would listen to Kaname more. The vampire lunged at her.
BANG, BANG, BANG!
Three shots were fired. Two to the head and one through the heart. The vampire turned into sand. “You got to be more careful, Yuki,” said a familiar voice.
Yuki gasped and turned. It was Zero. Gun still in his hand, making sure no vampires attacked again. “Zero!” she shouted and hugged him. “I missed you!” Then she slapped him in the chest. “Why didn't you warn me you were behind!?”
Zero grunted. “That's all I get from you. Nice to see you, too.” He slipped the gun away and put his hand on her head. “You cut your hair. Why?”
“I like my old look,” she replied. “Everybody remembers me better. Except for Kaname. He likes either way."
“Is he here?” he asked looking angry.
“No,” she replied shaking her head. “He's at our house. I ran out saying I was going to a friend's or something. I needed to get away.” She looked away not meeting his eyes. “So what have you been up to?”
“Hunting,” he replied. “You know me. Killing Level E vampires. I haven't seen my master for a while but we cross paths every so often.”
“Oh,” she said. “What are you in town for?”
“There is one somewhere around here, but I haven't found it.”
“Then, let's go together,” she shouted. “For old times sake.”
“Then you'll need this,” he said tossing her a little piece of metal.
“The Artemis rod,” she said. “How did you get a hold of it?”
"Headmaster gave it to me," he replied.
 
All she could say was "Oh." "I'm not sure this is a good idea," he said.
 
"Oh, come on," she replied, taking his hand and pulling him in a direction. "Let's go. Like I said, for old times."
 
Zero didn't say anything which meant to Yuki that she won the match. He followed her as she tugged him along.
* * * * *
After killing one Level E vampire, Zero took Yuki to his house the headmaster had bought for him. He told Yuki that she could stay if she wanted to. Yuki smiled. She remembered her years at the academy with Zero. Not to mention when he walked into the bathroom not long after she walked in.
 
She gladly accepted and told Zero she was heading to the bathroom. After she walked in and shut the door, she looked at herself in the mirror. She put her hand to the left side of her neck. More flashes of memory went through her mind of when Zero drank her blood. I wonder if he's still suffering, she thought.
 
The door opened and Zero walked in. "Why is your hand on your neck?" he asked.
 
Yuki dropped her hand back down. "Pain in the side," she replied quickly.
 
They stayed quiet and stared at different sides of the room. Then, Zero turned Yuki to face him. She was crying. Her legs gave in and Zero gently sat her and himself on the floor. He stroked her head and whispered, "What's wrong? I'm here."
 
"Aren't you going to kill me?" she asked.
 
"Why would I do that?" he asked back.
 
Yuki looked up at him. "You said you would. The day when I stopped you and Kaname."
 
Zero remained quiet for a bit. "I wasn't thinking right," he whispered. "When you became a vampire, I thought I had to kill you. But I couldn't. If I did, Kaname would have killed me. I don't want to kill you. If I did, I don't know what to do with myself."
 
"How did you keep from going berserk?" Yuki asked.
 
"When I hunted Level E vampires, I drank their blood first, then killed them. But it wasn't enough. I met a pureblood and she allowed me to drink her blood."
 
Yuki put her down, clutched Zero's shirt, and laid her head down on him. "I've missed you, Zero," she whispered.
 
For the first time in 5 years, Zero smiled, happy to have Yuki in his arms once again. "Do you think I could..." he started eyes turning to bloodlust.
 
Yuki smiled and tossed her hair back from her neck. "Go ahead. But we would be doing it again."
 
"I know," he whispered in her ear. He moved his lips to her neck and bit, remembering the taste of her blood once more. He took her head in one hand and one on her back, tilting her back.
 
Yuki closed her eyes. She was happy to relieve him. She put one hand on his hand and the other on his back.
 
"Yuki," Zero whispered as he lifted his head to look at her. He lowered his head and kissed her.
 
Yuki's eyes shot open quickly. He kissed her again. Should I kiss him back? She knew in her heart what to do. She kissed back, tasting her own blood. "May I?" she asked.
 
He nodded and she also bit him on the neck. Zero's blood tasted absolutely wonderful. She heard him sigh and she smiled to herself. "I missed you, too," he whispered in her ear.
 
Yuki moved her head back and looked at Zero. "I don't want to go back to Kaname. He's been acting weird lately like he wants to drink my blood all gone."
 
She laid her head back down on his chest as he stroked her head. Zero's eyes went from purple to bloodlust. "Don't worry. You stay here and I'll invite Yori to come over. She is one of the teachers at the academy now."
 
"Really?" asked Yuki as they walked down the hall to the livingroom.
 
He nodded. "She also knows about vampires. In fact, she's the only teacher, besides the new guardians, who knows."
 
Yuki only nodded. So she must have been attacked, she thought. She came back to attention to see Zero grab his jacket. "Where you going?" she asked.
 
"Out," he replied. "I want you to have sometime with Yori." He came over and kissed the top of her head. "I'll see you later."
* * * * *
It had only been 10 minutes when Zero left that Yori came in. Yuki jumped up and ran over to hug her. Yori immediately hugged back. "Your hair's longer," Yuki said.
 
"As long as yours," she replied. "But you cut it back to when you use to have it."
 
"I like it this way," Yuki smiled.
 
Then, she and Yori went to the couch to talk more.
* * * * *
Zero was walking through the forest to Kaname's. He was sick of him torturing Yuki.Then, he stopped. “I know you're there, Kuran,” he said.
 
Then, Kaname stepped out into the path behind Zero. “Very good, Zero,” he replied. “Your vampire instincts are getting good.”
 
Zero turned to Kaname giving him one of his glares as he always did. “I'm not to talk about instincts. I'm here to talk about what you're doing to Yuki.”
 
Kaname smirked. “You caught me. I wiped away her memories of you. I was trying to get her to be my girl like I always wanted. But you Zero, always got in the way.”
 
“Hmph,” Zero grunted. “You're always like that. Ever since she learned who she was. And yet, she still loved you. I told her most vampires are devious.”
 
“That's not surprising. Because there is a set of devious vampires going after her now.”
 
Zero eyes widened and he turned but he was stopped by Kaname. “You go after them and she gets killed,” he told him.
 
Zero turned back around, his eyes bloodlust. Kaname smirked again. “You're fighting me.”
 
He tossed him a sword behind a tree and picked up his own. “Ready?”
 
They charged at each other.