Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ Van's House ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey Ffby FUCK YOU. I don't need your review. Writing is a never ending process. I am trying to balance this an being a junior in high school. Us grown ups have to set ourselves for the real world so get off my back! Next time I get a rude review I will delay it even longer. Thanks for reviewing everyone ELSE. I do not own Escaflowne.

*****

Hitomi moaned as her head lolled to the side.

"Good morning."

Hitomi looked over to her side.

"Good morning Van."

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine I guess. Could be better could be worse."

"Good to hear."

"How about you? Are you ok?" Hitomi asked looking at where the hole once was.

"Yes. Thank you Hitomi."

Hitomi smiled gently.

"No problem Van." She looked around. "Where are we?"

"My Mom's house."

"Your mom…"

"Yes Varie Fanel, Queen of Vampires."

Hitomi bit her lip.

"I shouldn't be here."

"Nonsense."

"But Van…"

"Don't worry about it ok?"

"Alright." she said hesitantly.

"Rest a little longer and then I will introduce you to my mother and my brother."

"Ok."

Van kissed her forehead fondly before leaving the room.

Hitomi sat there for a few minutes before forcing herself to rise out of bed and walk over to the door. She frowned when she realized that she was dressed in a man's baggy red shirt and man's kakis. She quickly dismissed it and opened and cautiously peeked out. When she was certain the cost was clear, she crept down the hallway.

"You'll love her Mother. I am certain of it." she heard Van say from a door she had just passed. She doubled backwards and pressed her ea r to the door.

"And she was the one who killed your father?" she heard a soft voice ask.

"Yes but for a good reason, I KNOW it. She is not a bad person once you get to know her. She saved me Mother. She may have a tough exterior but she is like a child inside who has never known love. I want to help her!"

Van's mother sighed.

"Alright. You have permission to court her."

Hitomi backed away from the door in shock. This couldn't be happening. She was a slayer he was a vampire. They didn't mesh. She had to get out of here. It was rude for her to be in the house of the killer of her family.

"Sorry Van." she whispered before whirling around, only to bump into something.

"Are you lost?"

Hitomi blinked up at the tall man with aqua hair.

"Erm…yeah. I was looking for the bathroom." Hitomi said sheepishly.

"Were you now? You wouldn't happen to be Hitomi the Huntress would you?"

"No. What makes you think that?" Hitomi said rubbing the back of her neck and looking at the floor.

The man raised an eyebrow.

"Van had told Mother and I he was bringing home the murderer of our father." the man stated coolly.

"I…Listen, I am not here to cause any trouble. Hell I don't even want to be here. I just want to leave. It's not right for me to be here for so many reasons."

"Van speaks highly of you."

"He shouldn't." she muttered.

"You saved his life."
Hitomi shrugged.

"Big whoop."

"It took a lot of courage."

"No it took desperation." Hitomi corrected.

The man smiled.

"Touché."

The door behind Hitomi opened revealing Van.

"Hitomi? What are you doing up?"

"Curiosity." she said shrugging.

"Curiosity killed the cat." chided Van.

"And satisfaction brought it back."

"Alright kitten enough, back to bed."

Hitomi wrinkled her nose.

"Fine." she snapped before whirling around and marching back to her room.

"Why was she here Folken?" asked Van after Hitomi left.

"I think she was leaving. I think there is more to her then we know. She does not seem the type to kill needlessly."

Van nodded.

"I know. How is Merle?"

"She hasn't woke up yet."

"I see. Listen I am going to check up on Hitomi. I'll see ya later Brother."

"Goodbye."

When Van entered Hitomi's room he immediately noticed something was off. Hitomi was thrashing wildly in bed, her back arching.

"Hitomi!"

Van lightly slapped Hitomi to wake her up.

"Van! I was back with your father and my parents and…"

"What about my father and your parents?"

"He killed them."

"Who killed who?"

"Your father. He…he killed my parents." Hitomi said quietly.

Night of the Raven.