Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For A Life Together ❯ A Thought Away ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Continuation of Episode 26.

~All Character's belong to their respective owners and I sadly don't own them except for the story their forced to act. *sadistic grin* hehehehe....~



Escaflowne

"Van" The word echoed softly as the voice behind it chanted it. The lush forest surrounded two figures standing near each other, facing each other.

"Van." The words rolled off of her tongue fluently, effortlessly.

"Escaflowne should be kept asleep." The wind exhaled gently, caressing their faces, rustling the tall trees. "My brother's wish was for a Fanelia, for a Gaea, where no one would rely on it . . . I want to see what that world is like, Hitomi." He smiled, his usual pouty lips held no trace of anger or frustration. No worries about anything but the girl before him.

Her hands came to her chest.

"And I want to see it with you . . . or can I?" Her tone seemed doubtful, unsure if she would be able to see the rebirth of the country or see anyone or anything ever again. Could it not be done? "The truth is I love it here. I love Fanelia." Her gaze dropped down to the ground covered in rich green grass.

He smiled gently, admiring the beauty before him. His love was making it apparent in his sienna gaze.

"If you want, it would be more than fine with me."

"Huh?"

"Know what?" His voice was sweet, holding no self-doubt, expressing no uncertainty that this was their last goodbye. "We can see each other anytime we want. We just have to think of each other." She lifted her head to see her one true love, caressing her lovingly with his natural splendor. The self-grace of the King of Fanelia.

"Van." A single tear slipped down her cheek. "Here." She held out her hand as he followed suit and placed the glowing, pink pendant in his palm. His hand held onto her own, reveling in the softness of her creamy skin. "Keep it, Van."

He pulled her into his embrace, holding her, luxuriating in the sensation of her body against his own. Knowing that this was right; This was the perfect fit. His hands caressed her back as her arms immediately hugged him back.

"I won't forget you. Even when I'm old, I'll never forget you. I promise." Her eyes burned as tears began to make their trails down her flushed cheeks. She felt him pull her tighter against his body. There was no way that she would ever want to leave this man, the man that holds her heart and makes her feel so content. But she had to . . . she did not belong on this world. Earth was her home. Her mother, father, her bratty brother. She had a family and they needed her, she loved them. It was crazy to even think that she would want to stay here and be with Van, but she did. That's what falling in love did to her.

His arm raised in the air, still holding the drag energist. A small spec of light glimmered from inside and grew brighter, activating the pillar of light that would send her back to her world.

Back to Earth.

Away from Gaea.

Apart from Van.

Her body felt as light as one of Van's beautiful, ivory feathers. She lifted into the air, not feeling his warmth anymore. Her hands retreated from his body, up his chest and caressed his cheek softly as she elevated higher off of the ground her angelic love remained on. Another tear slipped down her cheek, twinkling brightly as it continued to fall down her face until her tear flew up with the wind.

"I promise I'll never forget you!" He never took his eyes off of her brightly lit, emerald eyes. He could not reach out for her, afraid that he was going to try to pull her back down into his already craving arms. He smiled lovingly at her as she continued her accent.

"Hitomi." He whispered. The pillar of light shot up into the sky toward Earth, leaving Van staring after her. They will be together one day. He would never love another as much as he loved her. A lone tear slipped down his cheek as he held the pendant in his left hand. He brought it up and put it around his neck, securing it there, forever.

~~*~~

AN: Yes and only the beginning of hopefully, a good story. I'm enjoying so far and hopefully you are too. Can't tell you when the next chapter will be up but I will definitely come soon.

Side note!!!! I will change it, but I can't remember if there was *any* indication that Hitomi had any other family besides her mother. I put up there that she had a father and bratty brother. If anyone can tell me, please do! I will change it right away! I want my story to stick with what had already happened and don't want to add anything that's not suppose to be there. Thanks!!!

~BlizzardAngel~