Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For A Life Together ❯ Constant Reminders ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~All character's don't belong to me, I want them too. Everybody does! I mean come on. Who wouldn't want to own Van. You could have him do work for you, fight off evil monsters, cuddle with him and then take advantage and...heh heh heh, getting just a little too carried away there. Gomen! But you guys do know that they don't belong to me, I don't have any money and just a girl who loves Anime!!!~~

Hitomi's eyes opened to the sunlight glaring at her through the window. She groaned, rolling over in her bed, away from the unwelcome sun. Her alarm then went off, beeping loudly and very annoyingly. Her hand quickly withdrew from beneath her comforter and smack the poor alarm clock, shutting it off.

"Arrgh . . .six o'clock already?" She unburied her face and looked at the clock but not focusing on it. She was just waking up and immediately thinking about her dream. Van, her mind whispered. It wasn't really a dream, it was what she remembered that day she left Gaea. Her mind suddenly shut down. She could not think of how she felt; she had school. She needed to concentrate on her studies instead of her love life, if she even wanted to call it that. Though it has been about three months, she still felt as much in love with him as the day she left, if not more. And all she ever did was think about that man with his tousled, ebony locks hanging over his bottomless, sienna eyes.

She threw the blanket off of her body, uncovering herself, and climbed out of bed walking toward her closet. She needed to get ready and get her uniform for school. As she walked by her calendar, her eyes darted over to it and glanced at the day.

"Sunday . . . " The date didn't register in her mind until several seconds later. "Oh geeze, Hitomi! It's Sunday! What am I doing up so early? There's no school!" Hitomi rolled her eyes at herself for not remembering something so obvious and went to close her curtains. The wind from the curtain blew over the top card of her tarot cards. She glanced down and sighed depressingly.

With her desk chair being slightly pulled out, she slumped her lithe figure onto it, just staring at the card. It was the upright L'Amore card displaying the two nude figures, male and female, holding each others hands. This card meant Van and Hitomi's eternal love for one another. A tear slowly made its way out and tickled her cheek as it continued to fall.

"I-I need him." Her voice cracked with emotion. She couldn't stand it anymore. Everything was reminding her of Van. Yes, she did promise to him that she would never forget him but she did not want it to be a constant reminder every second! It was just making it so hard. "So hard-" She inhaled. "So hard to be without you, Van."

Hitomi crossed her arms on the desk and rested her head upon them, still continuing to stare upon card. Her best friends, Yukari and Amano found love with each other and Hitomi had helped with that. She knew that those feelings she had for Amano were only an infatuation. He was a great friend to her so that only added to her crush even more. But after she figured out her feelings, sorted through them, she now could tell the differences between them all, well at least most of them. She loves Van wholeheartedly; Amano was just an obsession; someone whom she thought she wanted to like her back. Yukari, on the other hand, was in love with him from the very beginning and Hitomi never noticed. She was too wound up in her own depression and crush to even notice her best friend. That made her feel horrible and by getting them together, she hoped it would mend for neglecting Yukari.

Though she is happy now, the constant reminder of them together just made her a little jealous that she cannot see Van. That she cannot be with him, wrapped in his arms and just have him to tell him how much he means to her. For him to be there for her to bask in his essence, to admire him and his beautiful brown eyes and disheveled, ebony tresses; to look after him and to help him . . .

The tears did not stop pouring from her dulling, green eyes.

"Van. I want to see you." She took the card and wiped at her eyes but the sorrowful tears never ceased. Hitomi stumbled out of the chair and collapsed onto the bed and buried herself beneath her blankets, crying herself to sleep.

~~*~~

Please, please review and you know, it's best to review anyway because, you can tell me what you like, what you don't like and who knows, maybe I'll take some of your advice! Also, it helps me to see if there are many people who are reading so even if you write one word, CONTINUE!, or SUCKS, in which I really hope you don't do that and explain just a little more, I will be able to make corrections or something!

Thanks!!!

~BlizzardAngel~