Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For A Life Together ❯ The Pathway To Gaea ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Continuation of Episode 26.

~All Character's belong to their respective owners and I sadly don't own them except for the story their forced to act. *sadistic grin* hehehehe....~



Escaflowne

Chapter 13

The Pathway To Gaea

"Oh my god. Hitomi! Do you realize what you're asking for?"

Hitomi had waited for her friend to come over. The girl could have stayed home but when she started on a few points of her reasons for calling, the girl told her to sit tight and open the door when she knocked. It was going to be a long night but hopefully she could get a lot done and have Yukari get a hold of her sister before the day was over.

Yukari had always been so curious about the problems Hitomi had endured when she was transported to Gaea. She just knew that when the girl came over, Yukari was going to squeeze out every little detail of what was happening to her and to unravel the mystery on her friend's unhappiness. But now that Yukari got her questions answered and knew everything including what exactly that the favor was consisting of, Yukari was really thinking on overdrive.

"Yes, I do. And I will pay your sister anything." Yukari shook her head.

"Listen girl. I know you would do that and if it was anything else, of course we would be glad to help,... well I would and I'd just bug the crap out of my sister but still! She could get fired from her job!" Yukari paced from wall to wall in Hitomi's bedroom and suddenly just stopped, letting out an exasperated breath and shoved a hand through her red hair.

'She's angry...' Hitomi concluded from her friends actions.

"I'm sorry Yukari, I just don't have anyone to go to. You're-"

"Stop right there!" Hitomi's best friend commanded but cause Hitomi to flinch at the harsh tone. "Look, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the fact that a man, who has done so much for his people, has done so much for you, could get sick like this! It's ridiculous! How could someone so fit and so energetic become like this?"

Hitomi didn't mention the fact that he looked sick to her when she did see him.

"Yukari, there isn't much time. He's getting sicker as we speak and I, I want him to get better. I don't know what I would do if I knew he died before I could see him again. Before I could tell him in person that I," Tears began slipping down Hitomi's cheeks as she tried so hard to be strong and gather herself up to be strong for the one she loved. "I can't lose him, Yukari!" Hitomi yelled, jumping up and grabbing a hold of her shocked friend. "I can't lose Van like this. I love him too much." Yukari pulled her friend into a hug and just rocked the girl until she gathered herself together.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay. You know I always got your back." A hand smoothed over Hitomi's hair, reveling in the locks as they were a little longer than before. "You know that I will never let you down. No matter what. We will get everything that you need and you will take it to him and heal him." Hitomi stayed where she was, enclosed in the comfort of her friend's arms before pulling away.

"Perhaps," She started, sniffling and wiping away at her red-brimmed, emerald eyes. Perhaps it will turn out for the better.

"Ok girl! Let's get this party started!"

And they did. Yukari called her sister and asked her of the items that she needed to retrieve for the sick man in the other world. There was pleading, there was fighting but there was also a story that she had to be told and that the situation was serious. She conveyed the urgency that those medical supplies needed to be within Hitomi's grasp as soon as possible. Hitomi was busy on the computer and making sure she knew what to do, how much the dosage was for the medicine that he needed. Basically, it was all of what could save Van's life.

Hitomi had several papers in her hand, very important information that she would need when she was to heal Van.

"Everything will be okay."

Hitomi's head snapped up to Yukari leaning against the door frame.

"Don't let doubt overcloud your hope. Don't do it, Hitomi, because I know you are one of the people who can never stop believing in others and they won't stop believing in you." She walked in and rested her hand upon Hitomi's shoulder and smiled down at her friend. "You know that someone from that world believes in you, don't you? Most importantly, Van is the one that has complete faith in you and trust that you will do the right thing... make the right choice. Not only for his sake but for your own. Make the right choices in life and you know these things for it is a feeling deep down inside of you. Recognizing that feeling you should never feel that you are alone or you should never feel that the world is going to throw you down. You have angels by your side," Yukari picked up that long, beautiful feather and let Hitomi's eyes rest on it. "Because they are the ones holding you up."

~~*~~

"Hey so what is word on the bomb count?"

Two soldiers were stationed out at one of the locked entrances to their city. No suspicious sightings have been made and it seemed that no other incident would happen today since the explosions happened several hours ago.

"Oh, Deaka said that they have found over twenty stationed bombs already and they are still finding more. I don't understand how they were able to get so many into the city unnoticed."

"Yea, it's a wonder that those bombs did not explode immediately, otherwise, this city would have looked like it was before it was rebuilt." There was silence between the two as they scanned the area.

"Damn it!"

"What? What is it?" The other man said quickly, readying himself for an encounter.

"Why did this have to happen? Why must someone ruin the happiness of so many people? Did you not see what happened to that woman?"

"Yes, I know..."

"She was pregnant for godsake! And to see that... the way he died, for all those people and children to see such a sight! For everyone to experience such a horror is...is..." The man was shaking in anger as his hands were clenched tightly.

"Hey, hey." His fellow soldier tried to sooth him. "We'll get these basturds. They will not get away with harming the families in this town. We are fighting for them and we will make sure that the king and the people are protected, because that is our job. That is what we chose to do and, by god, will we do our jobs right." The man let out a breath and straightened up.

"Yes, you are right. And I hope that our king gets better because we need his strength."

A soldier was jogging toward them and both men stood at attention.

"Hello men. I am going around to inform everyone that the civilians are being moved to the homes closes to the castle because we have secured that area to the last inch. Not even a mouse can pass through without getting spotted. We are evacuating the outer part of the city and in due time more room will be provided to them all so we can offer them more comfort. The king is still down and currently we have located twenty-six bombs. Keep your eyes sharp men and report any suspicious activities to proper authorizes immediately."

"Yes sir!" They said in unison and the soldier ran off to the next patrolling duo.

A shadowy figure was crouched low in the bushes seemingly to be listening in on the conversation between the three Fanelian soldiers. It backed away without letting them know that information of the town and king would be passed on...

~~*~~

"Thank you so much! Thank you, thank you!" Hitomi clutched onto Yukari's sister, hugging her for what she has done. She brought the items that were needed to cure Van of his illness and now all that was to be done was for Hitomi to go to Fanelia and use the items on the man she loved.

"Okay, honey, okay. I can't stay here long but I trust Yukari to show you how to use that stuff. I already gave you a quick show on how to fill the syringe."

"Yuko! Your beeper went off again. It says '911.'" Yukari's older sister smiled at Hitomi before she ran to her sister to yank the small device out of her little sister's hand.

"Listen to me. You have to show her how to insert the needle in properly and make sure she has the correct instructions for the dosage and such. She went to a very good and well-known medical site but just make sure. Um," Yuko turned around and waved. "Good luck to you Hitomi. I hope your boyfriend is all right. I don't know why you just won't let me treat him or to bring him to the hospital but please be careful and let me know if everything is all right." She ran out and left the two girls in Hitomi's room.

Yukari had studied to become a nurse but she was not sure if that was the profession she wanted. Many of her family members were in the medical field which is one of the reasons for her hesitance to study permanently in that field.

Yukari quickly explained to Hitomi everything she knew and what she had learned from her sister and the blonde was ready to go. It was time for Hitomi to go to Fanelia and it was time for her to be reunited with the man she was destined to be with.

"Are you sure I can't come with you?" The red head begged, but her blonde friend shook her head.

"I'm not sure this will work but it must connect through Van some how and it's like he has to be thinking of me. I don't know if he could be doing that or not. But I have to get there and I will."

Hitomi was dressed in slightly tight hip hugger jeans, a black tank top with a hoody. She had a red and black duffle bag hanging over her shoulders which consisted of all the medical supplies and various other things that she needed.

The blonde sighed as she had laid out before her the tarot cards and the long ivory feather. She needed to concentrate but before she got started she turned her head slowly to her friend.

"Yukari." A small smile reached the other girls lips and she hurried over to give her best friend a hug.

"You be careful out there. You hear me? I can be dangerous but I'm with you always. Amano is with you. Your family is with you. I'll make sure to let your mother know about Fanelia and tell her that you are there." A tear slipped down her face but she kept smiling to Hitomi.

"Thank you, Yukari."

"I love you, girl. Go save your loverboy and make sure to give him a swift kick in the ass for me for makin' everyone so worried ok?" Hitomi choked out a laugh but held in her tears.

"I love you too, Yukari. No one could have a better friend than you. Take care." They hugged for a few seconds more before separating. Yukari went to the far side of the bedroom, holding onto the desk and watched her friend from across the room as she closed her eyes and began chanting something under her breath.

"Van, please her my call. God, please hear my plea. I need to go to Fanelia. I need to return to Gaea. Please take me there."

She chanted over and over as she shuffled her tarot cards. The feather was laid in the middle before her for a purpose. That was her connection to Gaea and Van's power and her faith will take her there... it had to.

Hitomi stopped and pulled the first card out and laid it to her right and her mind immediately interpreted it as,

"Danger..." She swallowed and drew the next card as she laid it down in a diagonal lower than the other card and uttered,

"Pain..." Hitomi's face was serious as she picked the next card and put it on the upper left of the bottom card and her heart began to beat faster as she read,

"Destruction..." And finally she withdrew the last card, wholly thinking that it was going to be the death card and quickly placed the card on top of the feather and yelled out,

"Love!"

The last card was the L'Amore or The Lovers card and the feather grew intensely bright and the girls had to look away. Wind suddenly was whipping around Hitomi and she instantly looked up to see a pillar envelop her body and within seconds... she was gone.

Yukari was huddled in the corner and unraveled herself from the ball that she made and stared to where her friend was. There was no trace of Hitomi, the feather or the tarot cards. She crawled over to the spot, feeling some kind of warmth as she moved her palms over the floor slowly.

"Hitomi... be careful and know that you are not alone."

The door to Hitomi's room was opened and in came Amano, staring at his girlfriend on the floor.

"Yukari! Are you ok?" He was trying to get her to look at him and she finally did only with tears in her eyes.

Footsteps settled in at the door way and they both turned to see Hitomi's mother standing there with her hands held together and drawn to her chest.

"Did...my daughter leave?" Yukari stood up and Amano follow her actions.

"Yes, she did. She went to Gaea."

~~*~~