Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Love in unusual places ❯ fittings ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm back and over my writers block (that's the smallest writers block I've ever had!) Thanks as always to my muse who gave m motivation to write this, and thanks to everyone who reviewed!! I love you people!

*Note: I know that I've previously described Diana, but now I'm gonna change her. She now has dark brown eyes and long, think brown hair (that I bet she lets Hitomi play with.. *glare*. Gomen!

"Hold still Hitomi!!" Diana growled around the pins in her mouth as she adjusted Hitomi's skirt. "I can't lower the hem is you keep moving."

Hitomi whimpered. "I'm afraid your gonna stick me with those pins."

"I will if you don't stop moving!" Hitomi froze, not moving an inch.

Dilandau burst out laughing for the side. Hitomi and Diana glared at him. "Don't laugh, your next tights boy." Hitomi giggled as Dilandau immediately sobered.

"I don't see why I have to wear fricken tights."

"Remember honey, there not just tights, their pansy assed tights." Hitomi told her fuming boyfriend. Ever since the morning in the park, they had been growing closer and closer, until a couple days ago when Dilandau had asked her out. She quickly said yes, of course.

Diana sighed longingly. "You guys are so cute together! I wish I had a boyfriend." She looked back to the skirts bottom, pouting as she sewed up the new hem.

"Well you would if you would just tell Van how you feel." Hitomi said gently to her friend.

Diana looked up at Hitomi and blushed. "I could never do that, you know that!"

"Well maybe he likes you too."

Dilandau snorted and muttered something about women.

Hitomi turned to face him, pins flying everywhere. "What was that?" she said deadpanned.

Dilandau shrugged. "I just meant that you women have it all wrong. Guys don't like when girls make the first move."

"Aww..does it make you feel less manly?" Hitomi asked teasingly. She put a hand to her forehead. "Poor widdle guys." She snorted, then turned back to her friend. "Don't listen to him, he's an idiot."

Dilandau pouted and when over to Hitomi, wrapping his arms around her from behind, being careful not to gab himself with any pins. "Don't you really think that?" he whispered into her ear, kissing her neck. Hitomi melted into his embrace.

"Yes." She said.

Dilandau growled playfully then turned her around in his arms and kissed her full on the mouth.

Diana stepped back and smiled. They were really cute together. She mentally sighed. `I wonder if Van and I could be that cute.' She thought. `Nah, he'd never notice me in a million years.' She sighed again, this time audibly. The couple didn't notice though, they were too wrapped up in each other. Just then a knock came on the door, and Van peaked his head in. He looked around until he saw Diana, then smiled.

"Hi Di, is now a good ti-what are they doing?" he asked, looking at Hitomi and Dilandau.

"Their trying to lick the backs of each others necks from the front." She said, blushing at being to near to Van.

"Oh."

Hitomi had broken away from Dilandau, much to his disappointment, and had turned around in his arms, looking at the two other people in the room.

"Oh hey Van" she said, giving a little wave. She then turned to Diana. "So Di, are you done not, I mean, can I get out of this stupid dress yet?"

Diana smiled and took the pins out of mouth. "Yeah, it's done."

Hitomi giggled and broke out of Dilandau's arms, spinning in a circle. "So, how does it look?"

Dilandau looked at her with surprise, loosing his ability to speak. He stared at her with an open mouth.

Diana giggled. "I'm guessing you like the dress?" All Dilandau could do was nod his head. Both girls giggled and Van shook his head, and slight smile on his face.

Hitomi when into the bathroom, quickly changing into her normal clothes. While she was gone, Dilandau turned to Diana. "Since she's done and Van's already here, can I get my fitting later, because we have to go get the stuff for tonight. Are you two still coming?" he asked them.

"Wouldn't miss it!"

"Tell me again why were having a party for the play with just us four if there's another cast party on the day before opening night?"

Dilandau shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno, Hitomi wanted one."

Van smirked. "*cough*whipped*cough*"

Dilandau narrowed his eyes, but was stopped from moving by Hitomi who had just come out of the bathroom. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Nah, whips are so dominatrix, I prefer more..conventional methods." She smiled evily.

Diana rolled her eyes. "Get out of here you two before I throw up!"

Hitomi smiled and passed the dress to Diana. Grabbing her boyfriend's hand she made her way out the door. "See you at 7" she called behind her.

Van turned back to Diana. "So" he said, smiling. "Work your magic Di."

Diana smiled at Van, shaking her head slightly. "Just get up there" she said, pointing to the platform (1). Van complied, hoping up.

"So, what is my costume? And does it include tights?" he asked, shuddering.

Diana snickered. "Yes it does." Van looked at her with fear. "But don't worry, you have big robes to hide them, unlike Romeo." she chuckled.

"I think it's cool that Hitomi and Dilandau get t be Romeo and Juliet, they fit the part, don't cha think?"

"Yeah. They're so sweet together." Diana smiled dreamily.

Van looked uncomfortable. He looked at Diana's face, amazed for the hundredth time by her beauty. 'She's gorgeous.' he thought wistfully. 'I have to ask her now, if I don't, I'll never work up the nerve again.'. e cleared his throat, unaware that Diana had been talking.

"..she rants on and on about him and..Van? Are you listening?"

"Oh, sorry no. I dazed off for a second." Diana raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. "So, Diana, I was wondering..." he looked at her, then blushed. "Uh, nevermind." 'Damn it damn it damn it!'

"What? Tell me!"

"I was just wondering...."

"Uh-huh?"

"Well" he hid his face underneath his bangs. "Iwaswonderingifyouwouldgotothecastpartywithme.."

Diana sat in silence, a look of confusion on her face, as she processed the information. 'Did he just...' Suddenly, she gave a whoop of joy and launched herself into Van's arms, knocking him off the platform. They both ended up on the floor with Diana on top, hugging Van.

"Of course I'll go with you!" she said to him, not letting him go.

Van's face broke out into a smile and he began to hug her back. They sat in silence like that for a little while, still holding each other.

"I've been waiting for this for so long" Van whispered into her ear.

Diana pulled away from Van so that their noses were touching. "So have I" she whispered back.

Van looked into Diana's chocolate brown eyes. Then he became aware of their closeness. He gulped. Slowly he moved his arms around her waist, bringing her closer to him. He brought his lips down to her waiting ones, revealing in the sweetness.

Diana closed her eyes as she felt his lips on hers. She leaned against him. When they broke away from each other, Diana leaned her head on his chest, contently listening to his heart beat and taking him in. She breathed in his scent. 'He smells like outdoors., or a field. I could get used to this.' She sighed contently and snuggled into his embrace.

"So I guessing its a yes." Van said, brushing his lips across her cheek.

"Hmm?"

"A yes to go with me to the dance." he said, blushing.

"I don't know, maybe you should re-ask me." she said, smirking.

Van growled softly into her ear. "Fine then." He pushed away from her slightly, straightening up. He then cleared his throat. "I, Van Slaznar de Fanel, am asking you, Diana..." he paused.

Diana hid a smile. "Diana Jennette Lavariel."

"Ok then. I, Van Slaznar de Fanel, a asking you, Diana Jennette Lavariel, to go to the cast party with me, and.." he continued, blushing. "to be my girlfriend."

Diana gasped, then her face broke out into a smile. "Of course I will."

Van smiled a brilliant smile and brought her lips down to his once more.

"Thank you....dj." he said when he pulled away.

Diana raised an eyebrow. "Dj?"

"Call it a pet name." he said.

Diana snuggled into his arms once more. "This is nice, I wish we could stay like this..... oh shoot! What time is it?" she asked frantically.

"Umm..almost 6?"

She jumped up and pulled Van up after her. "We have to go!" she said, grabbing her bookbag.

"Why?" Van asked, puzzled.

"We have to grab some food before we head over to Hitomi's."

She went over to the door and turned around. She smiled at Van. "Coming or what?"

Van blushed and headed out the door together with Diana.

(1)- you know those standing thingys that you stand on when you get fitted for something?