Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets ❯ Mornings ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Secrets

Chapter Four

Mornings

********

AN: Hello, people, thanks for reviewing me. It makes me feel loved ^-^! I'm very pleased that so many people liked the last chapters and I'm very happy to have this one up. It's short and ends in a weird-ish place. I'm not sure if it's a cliffhanger or not.

********

"So, Boss, explain again what happened. I don't think I fully got it the first time." That was Gaddes.

"She fainted last night, the doctor came and said she was fine, just sleeping and this morning…this." That was Allen. He was whispering but what was he talking about?

"You came in this morning and this is what you found?" Gaddes again.

"Yes. I don't how it happened but last night she kept going on about not wanting to live and wanting to…wanting to, well, give him life. I came to check on her and…THIS!" goodness knows how he managed to shout and whisper at one time.

"And you didn't call the doctor yet?" Gaddes asked. He seemed to be on much more stable wavelength than Allen at the moment.

"You think a doctor could undo something like this? I don't think I trust the doctor enough. He might tell people without knowing the entire story and I don't want to go through something like a trial. I've been to some of those and couldn't sleep for days after each one. In any case, do you think any person in their right minds would see this and not run out of here screaming bloody murder?" Allen said.

Celena didn't understand what they were going on about, what could be so bad? She decided she would just listen but she was extremely comfortable where she was and staying there and listening couldn't hurt. Why would Allen have to go through a trail? He was Heavenly Knight and, as far as she understood, one of the best ones.

"I don't see what you can do for now. I suggest you wait for 'em to wake up. Then I'd get some answers if I were you."

"I'll do that." there was the sound of moving and the door opening. Before it closed, Allen said, "I can count on your silence for the time being, can I not?" no answer. He might have nodded.

"Thank you, Gaddes, you are a true friend."

"Anytime, boss." The door closed. Celena was completely in the dark. WHAT WERE THEY TALKING ABOUT? 'Wait for 'em to wake up'? Who were they talking about? What was going on? Celena decided it was time to get some answers. She tried to move but was suddenly aware of an arm around her waist keeping her in place.

What?

She suddenly became aware of an entirely alien presence in her bed. It didn't feel uncomfortable, in fact; it felt great. Celena felt as though she and whoever it was that was in her bed were a perfectly fitted set, one body into the other making a whole. But right now wasn't the time to think about exactly how complete she felt, it was the time to wonder what the ***k (a word Dilandau liked to use) somebody else was doing in her bed.

She opened her eyes and was faced with white, a white shirt, she moved her head to look up and saw what could only have been called an angel face but there was an implanted wickedness on there that was unmistakeable. Celena thought she would faint. She reached a hand up and stroked the cheek of the person next to her.

"Dilandau, wake up," she whispered.

"Hmm?" he questioned sleepily and turning his head into the pillow. "What is it, Celena?" He turned his head very slowly back to her, looking at her with ruby eyes as wide as was humanly possible and then, ever so melodiously, he shrieked, startling Allen so badly that he fell of his chair.

Celena found it almost impossible not to shriek with laughter at the hilarity of the situation in her bedroom. She sat up to see Allen trying in vain to regain his composure while forgetting that he was lying spread-eagled on the floor. Dilandau was staring amazedly at the canopy roof of her bed.

She looked at him, trying to discern what could possibly be going on behind those almost blank yet completely astonished eyes. He had been crying, then kissing a girl he was trying to comfort, then sleeping soundly, suddenly waking up to find himself in that girl's bed with her brother glowering at them, the girl being one who seemed to have existed only in his head for the past twelve years no less!

Then something else that had not crossed her mind decided to parade across it wearing all the colours of the rainbow. How exactly had Dilandau and her separated? Turning to face him, she found his eyes focused on her back for when she sat up, she wound up somewhere in the middle of the bed, where her middle section was naturally found, while his head stayed at the top on the pillows. She blushed slightly since her back was very bare and she realised that that tiny piece of cloth she had used, as a nightgown last night was still the only thing she had on.

Allen was still on the floor staring blankly at the ceiling and Celena, no offence meant to her beloved brother, thought that he looked like a very dumb blonde. Dilandau seemed completely absorbed in thought and as she stared at him, Celena noticed that something was different about him. What was it…?

'How on all Gaea did I get here?' seemed to be the most popular thought in Dilandau's head for the time being. After every two or so other thoughts, this one insisted upon resurfacing. What had happened last night? He recalled everything from her fainting to the moment she kissed him and his returning it. Now that would be something to talk about. They would definitely talk about that soon. 'Do you hear me, Celena?' he called mentally and for the first time realised that he was really alone in his head when no reply came his way. He suddenly felt very, very lonely.

There was another thing to think about, how had they separated bodies? Maybe Schezar knew something but Dilandau dreaded having to ask the knight what had happened. Where was the knight anyways? He could have sworn he was on that chair right over there in one of the eight corners just a moment ago. As he pondered these and other thoughts, his hand ventured automatically to his face to stoke at his scar.

'By the Mystic moon, how on Gaea?' The same thought ran through both Dilandau's and Celena's heads at the same time, exact wording to be precise, as they both realised what they were seeing. His scar was gone.

********

AN: REVIEWS, FLAMES, COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. LEAVE THEM IN A REVIEW AND THANX FOR READING ^-^!