Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets ❯ Hatred ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Secrets

Chapter Five

Hatred

********

AN: I'm having hell here but I keep writing. This chapter doesn't go very far into the future and I think we're still in the same half hour as the last chapter. Allen finally gets up ^-^!

Enjoy, if possible.

********

Bitterness. Bitter was the only word that could possibly describe Dilandau at that moment. He was bitter and full of anger and hate. After getting his wits together, he managed to sit up next to Celena and stare around her room. He was impressed. It was spacious, being an octagonal room, and not too girlish. It was mainly violet with hints of black here and there, not too far out of Dilandau's taste.

The bed was positioned in the queerest place; the centre of the room and everything seemed to happen around it. A glass wall, which was actually doors, led out onto a semi-circular patio. The light streaming in through the pulled back curtains lit the room beautifully.

Getting back to his present state of mind, however, he came to a conclusion. His life was screwed. Simple as that, he was Fate's favourite little toy. He hated everything and everyone alive. He hated himself most of all for being so weak as to let these emotions overwhelm him to such an extent.

But then he thought that he was wrong, he did not hate every single living thing in the world. He hated specific things, for specific reasons, specific things that were responsible for his pain and his suffering. He reviled Life for giving him the greatest gift a soul could have and leaving him to the life that he had had. He detested Fate for what it did to his life, for placing him in Zaibach's hands, for making him have to make the types of decisions he was forced to make and he hated that he grew to like killing.

He was angry with Van Fanel…and Allen Schezar…and all of the people who had left him. He despised Death for not taking him. For making him suffer through the deaths of his Dragonslayers and Jajuka, and never giving his soul relief, never giving him the chance to be free. He was damned to live in his Hell, in the constant replay of the deaths of everyone that had ever mattered to him.

There was one thing he was sure he didn't hate. Celena's efforts. Maybe he could now move on, start over, do something else. He really had no place in the world though. If he got out he'd probably be eaten alive. People hated him, he knew that much. So where could he go?

Schezar definitely wouldn't let him stay here. Not with him being who he is and his little sister being on the loose. He couldn't possibly know that they had kissed but still, he didn't trust him as far as he could throw his manor. Dilandau had heard him say it so many times. But what was it that Celena had said? Oh yes, most people thought he was otherwise inclined. Maybe that could work in his favour.

There was one question; where on Gaea was Schezar? He turned to look at Celena and found her already looking at him. Suddenly he realised what people had been saying about Schezar beauty all this time. It was amazing; she had to be the single most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life. He drew in his breath sharply and she frowned.

"Dilandau, what's wrong?" she asked. He could almost laugh. Everything was wrong. He was wrong. Life was screwed and at the moment he felt as though he had been royally disposed of. She was too considerate, always thinking of other people. Ha! That's what they thought. They didn't know her. She knew exactly what she was getting out of everything she was doing. Or maybe that was his thinking?

He came to another conclusion; this was going to be very confusing. He needed to get to know himself. Although he and Celena had insisted that they were two separate entities since he resurfaced six months after they arrived at the Schezar manor, he knew now that they had not been completely separate. Some of her thoughts were his and some of his were hers.

"Dilandau," she said again and he felt her hand on his shoulder, which set all of his nerves off. He actually had a real body and was sleeping in a real bed, alive next to a living, breathing, Celena! He smiled.

"Good. Now, tell me what's wrong. I want to help you. I need to help you. In any case, Allen doesn't seem to be in his best set of senses," she giggled at her own little joke and continued. "You know what? I think I'm hungry. Would you like breakfast? 'Cause I'm going to have some and I'd hate for you to think me an ill-mannered host. I mean-"

He shut her up by raising his hand in front of her mouth but not touching it. He didn't need Schezar telling him he was trying to muffle her screams and suffocate her or something to that effect. Her warm breath on his hand was pleasant though and he was averse to removing it.

She was almost beaming at him. He guessed that was her way to get over shock. She suddenly lowered her eyes and he swore he saw tears threatening to fall. He had no idea what to do here since he was not really the girl type. (AN: Ha! the irony) Then, she did what he expected the least, if it was possible to surprise him farther. Celena threw her arms around him and hugged him as tightly as she could hug anybody. Who cared what Allen thought?

"I told you so," she whispered as she pulled away.

"Thank you, Celena," he whisper in reply.

"I'm sorry. I had to, to see if you were still real," she said.

"I was wondering that myself."

"Well, you are and I insist you stay as our guest. Isn't that right Allen?" she called over the edge of the bed. The very, very, VERY disorganised and unruly looking head of Allen Schezar emerged and it was obvious that Celena was stifling her laughter.

"Nobody goes anywhere," he said. He stood up and straightened himself out although there really wasn't any prayer for his hair in that state. "We all have to talk."

All giggling ceased.

********

AN: I know this chapter isn't what it was supposed to be. School is a killer. Everything is going mad. They're killing us with work. First thing Monday morning, first day of school, History, double period plus home work! Maths = Trigonometry; Literature = Romeo and Juliet, a complete analysis…you get the picture? Next chapter will be up hopefully by next Sunday.

REVIEWS, FLAMES, COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. LEAVE THEM IN A REVIEW AND THANX FOR READING ^-^!