Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Shadows ❯ Meeting you for the First Time ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: Meeting You for the First Time


Author's Notes: Okay, like I said before, the prologue was much better. The stuff below...isn't that interesting, or good for that matter. So, prepare yourselves for something much more... I dunno, stupid (for lack of a more descriptive word)? There's mild cursing in here, like damn. Well, what do you expect? This IS a PG13 story, ya know... When I put *~*~*~*~*~, it means that the person's point of view has changed.

And, THANK YOU SO MUCH THE THREE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY REVIEWED: Kay Noel, attitudetwinz, and C-chan. I really appreciate it! (Sorry to disappoint you people with a crummy chapter though...) Oh yes, and to answer your question, attitudetwinz, the pairing is going to be Dilandau (well, DUH!) and a character I created. Well, now that I think of it, the prologue would set the mood for a just about any pairing... Heck, I could even pair him up with Eries if I wanted to. (My, what a couple that would make...) Hmm... Well, s'pose it's too late now. THIS chapter already features the created girl, and I'd have to change the whole dang story, which I'm not willing to do, since I've actually already finished, and I just need to go through a second time and alter some of the events in the plot.

I forgot the disclaimer last time, so here it is now for this one and the prologue: I don't own Escaflowne, and never will. I'm not making any money AT ALL off of this, so all you big companies out there, don't sue me.

Another thing: Please review. Flames are accepted. (cuz I know I deserve them)

One more thing 'fore I shuddup: The timeline of this story is going to be kinda warped, because I'm not too sure of the sequence of the events, and also, I don't know over how long a period of time the series spans. For the purposes of this fic, I'm going to make it take... a considerable amount of time. Here's the story.







Dilandau stumbled through the thick layer of snow, grumbling and cursing all the way. "Damn snow! I hate snow! I wish I had my flame-thrower right about now! Damn Folken! Right now I could be back at the fireplace, nice and warm!"

He inwardly cursed the incompetent stablehand who had given him an untrained horse. His normal steed was ill, and the inexperienced horse had abandoned him far from the fortress, leaving him to walk the rest of the way for supplies.
Dilandau felt like he was freezing. He shivered and drew the folds of his cloak closer around him. His strength was fading, but he forced himself to keep going. "One more step...Keep moving..." he chanted in his mind. Unfortunately, his mind wasn't able to take much more.

That was when he saw her.

Out in a clearing, there seemed to be a heavenly being dancing amidst the falling powdery flakes. The moonlight gave her an ethereal glow, and her midnight-black hair seemed to be a sharp contrast to the pure white landscape around her. Yet...the strange maiden was somehow enhancing the scene around her with her beauty, so much that Dilandau actually began to view the wintry surroundings as magnificent rather than a thing to be hated.

"A snow angel," Dilandau concluded, right before he blacked out.

*~*~*~*~*~

I could feel the wind rush past my face as I danced in circles in the falling" snow. The drifting snowflakes melted on my cheeks, but I didn't care. I was used to it. Every winter, I would come out and play in the snow with my brothers. At least until they died. I stiffened at that thought.

I brushed away the unpleasant thought and continued to play in the snow, when I heard a muffled sound, then a thud. The mumbled sentence sounded suspiciously like "snow angel".

I ran over to where I thought I had heard the noise to encounter a deathly pale youth about the same age as I. I gasped in surprise. He had to get out of the cold, and fast!

Encircling my arms around his waist, I began to drag him to the nearby cottage. Gods, he was heavy! I drew back a corner of his cloak and saw why. He was wearing thick red armor! That meant he was a soldier! A soldier in red armor...I know I should've remembered something, but I couldn't think of what. I dismissed the thought to consider it later. After all, I couldn't just leave him there to freeze.

Somehow, I managed to half-drag, half-carry him back to the house. I was never so thankful for the comfort of home.