Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Shadows ❯ Beautiful Stranger ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: Beautiful Stranger

Author's Notes:
The name of the chapter was originally called Mysterious Stranger, but I changed it on a whim. It just popped into my head at the last minute (Beautiful stranger... You could be good for me... I've got a taste for the danger... I looked into your eyes, and my world came tumbling down... You're the devil in disguise, that's why I'm singing this song to you...) Heeheehee. Do you readers out there think I should change it? I'm just being my silly old self, so I would love some feedback on this.

I know I make really short chapters, but bear with me, k? I can't for the life of me make a long chapter, except for a few exceptions. As for the posting, you can probably expect it more or less one chapter every day, or maybe if you're lucky, two. Depends on my homework. Today, I have a minimum day, so you readers are in luck.

Disclaimer: So far, I don't own anything except the made up girl, whose name you won't learn until later.

Thanky very much, attitudetwinz, Jocelyn, Sketch, and youbettaknowwhoiam. (And, yes, I do, ms. Imovedawayandi'mnotcomingback! Well, some to think of it, I did that too...Heh, sorry, inside joke.) I'm wondering if this could be considered a bribe, but I'll say it anyway. If you review, I'll thank you in the upcoming chapter, like I did to these wonderful people who are now my most favorite readers in the world! THANK YOU!!!!! (Yeah, I know I'm weird. Why do ya think I chose the penname I did?) And, the girl is pretty much just a commoner, though she does have some connections... Though I suppose she could be considered polite...

Sheesh, the Author's notes is longer than the story!





The black-haired girl surveyed the youth with curiosity, after having placed him near the fireplace to warm him up again. The stranger was handsome, and she could glimpse wisps of silver hair escaping from his hooded cloak, which she had put back on him. His lips were no longer blue, but his skin was still as fair as someone who had never seen the light of the sun. No, she reasoned, that could not have been true.

Though the stranger was slender, he was clearly a soldier, and probably of high rank at that, judging from the ornament on his head. And soldiers certainly wouldn't be cooped up all day

The girl turned her attention back to gazing at the mysterious visitor once again. She wished she could see the color of his eyes. Suddenly, she noticed a scar on his cheek, something she hadn't noticed before. Before she knew what she knew what she was doing, the girl reached out a tentative hand and traced it with her fingertips.

The boy's eyes fluttered open, and she was confronted by startling garnet orbs.