Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ You'll Always Live On ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You'll Always Live On

Chapter 2

Author's Note: Thank you to Atomic Kitten, Kay Noel and EmpressMish for there kind reviews. They mean a lot to me. Let's hope I get some more with this chapter. Further I don't own any of the original Escaflowne characters anyone else though I do. Well that is all I have to say enjoy. ^_^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

"And this is your room" Marcus announced cheerfully, opening up the door to one of the guest bedrooms on the third floor. Folken smiled happily as he entered the room.
The walls were painted a lovely sky blue; the furniture was all made of beautiful mahogany wood, and outside there was a plain view of the palace gardens. "Marcus, this is the same room I used to sleep in as a child, when I would come to visit," Folken replied softly.
"Of course it is. I wouldn't dream of putting you anywhere else. This room has always been yours," the elder man said with a grin.
"I can't believe you remembered after all this time. I'm touched," Folken replied. Marcus waved it off.
"Of course I remembered, Folken. I could never forget you."
Folken smiled thoughtfully before turning to look out the window.
"Is something wrong, Folken?" Marcus suddenly asked, concerned.
"Marcus how is she?" Folken replied. Marcus smiled.
"She's fine Folken. She is really looking forward to seeing you, she has missed you so much."
Folken lowered his head in shame. "I don't know what I'm going to say to her," he confessed in a whisper. Marcus walked over and placed his hand on Folken's shoulder.
"The truth. She will understand, Folken, and she will forgive you, because she loves you and always has. Which reminds me, I must go and inform the Queen of your arrival. We'll have to talk some more later." With that Marcus left. Folken stood there for a moment, thinking over what his friend had just said.
His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a knock at the door. "Enter," Folken replied. The door opened, and in came a young man of about eighteen with blue eyes and dusty brown hair.
"Excuse me, Lord Folken, but I have your luggage," the young man announced.
"Oh, good, just put them on the desk," Folken answered.
"As you wish, sure." The young man sat the bag and suitcase down on the desk and with a quick bow left. Folken couldn't help but let a small smile tug at his lips.
"Well I guess I should get organized and prepare for my audience with the Queen." Folken sighed to himself.
After putting away all his belongings he had brought in the closet and drawers, Folken sat down at the desk and began to go over his papers. About an hour later there was another knock at the door, interrupting Folken from his work. "Enter," he replied.
"Lord Folken, her Majesty is ready to see you now," the same young man from before replied entering the room.
"Already? Very well," Folken sighed, picking up his papers.
The young man led Folken through the palace halls towards the meeting room. Of course, Folken didn't need his help to get there. He knew this place so well he could easily find it with his eyes closed. The young man stopped at the entrance. "Well this is where I must take my leave. Good luck, Lord Folken," the young man replied.
"Thank you… uhhh… what is your name, by the way?"
"Malcolm sir!"
"Well, thank you very much, Malcolm." With a quick bow Malcolm left. Turning once again to the door, Folken took in a deep breath.
"Easy there, Folken, just keep breathing. It'll all be over soon!" he said to himself. As Folken reached to open the door it suddenly flung open.
"Oh there you are!" It was Marcus "Come in, we've been waiting for you." Folken took another deep breath and entered the room. Inside everyone was seated at a huge rectangular table, and at the end of the table she sat. Folken gulped when he saw the beautiful women before him. Her plush red lips, her long wavy brown hair so much like the colour of mahogany, and the darkest blue eyes he had ever seen. He had not seen her in the eleven years. When he had last seen her she had been a young 15-year-old girl. The lady who sat before him now was no longer a girl, but a fully developed woman, and the most beautiful woman Folken Fanel had ever seen. Folken could feel his knees begin to tremble, his heart began to beat a mile a minute and his palm, began to sweat. Marcus noticed this too and gave him a quick nudge. "Relax!" he whispered. Then turned his attention to the Queen. "Your Highness, may I present the eldest Prince of Fanelia: Folken L'Coeur de Fanel. Folken, may I introduce our Queen, Tatanya Florin."
"Folken, long time no see," the Queen remarked, standing to greet the prince. Holding out her hand Folken took it and placed a small gentlemanly kiss on it.
"Indeed it has, my love," Folken whispered to himself.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

~Charlotte~