Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ You'll Always Live On ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You'll Always Live On

Chapter 3

Author's Note: I do not own any of the original Escaflowne characters, so I do not take any credit for them. Enjoy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

At the end of the meeting…
"So we all agree that we will supply Fanelia with as much supplies as they need as well as some of our best workers?" One of the members of the court asked. Everyone nods their head in agreement.
"Well I guess that brings this meeting to an end" Tatanya replies. "We'll have all the supplies ready for you by the end of the week, Lord Folken."
"Thank you, your Highness," Folken replies with a nod.
"Well, with that settled, I bring this meeting to abjure."
Everyone stood and began to leave. Folken tried his best to slip out the door with out being noticed, but to no avail. Marcus caught him. "And where do you think you're going?" He questioned.
"Just back to my room!" Folken squeaked.
"Ah, well, don't you think you should talk with Tatanya first?" He asked.
"It's on my to do list," Folken answered.
"Nothing doing, get over there," he snapped.
"Alright, alright" Folken slowly walked over to where Tatanya was gathering papers. He turned once more to face Marcus. Marcus gave Folken a quick thumbs up and wink before shutting the door. Folken felt his heart skip a beat he was alone in a room with his old and only love. `What am I going to say?' he thought to himself. Turning to face Tatanya he tried to think of something to say. "Tatanya look I…" he was cut off.
"No, Folken, you look! The court is gone now, I don't have to put on my sweet little queenie act anymore!" Tatanya snapped. Folken stood there, dumfounded.
"Huh?"
"Don't 'huh?' me. How dare you! How dare you!" Tatanya burst into tears. Folken felt his heart began to sting. "How dare you! How dare you! How could you leave me like that?" She screamed.
"I…" Folken began.
"I loved you, I loved you so much, I…" Tatanya broke down and cried.
"Tatanya I'm sorry, I…"
"You're sorry. Well, a lot of good that does me now, Folken," she sobbed "After all you put me through."
"Tatanya, please…"
"When you left and never returned and were assumed dead, I thought I was going to die. It hurt that much. I almost considered ending my life just to make the hurting stop!" she cried.
"Tatanya, NO!" Folken gasped at what he had just heard. He couldn't imagine Tatanya even considering harming herself, especially over him.
"Life meant nothing to me unless you were in it. After mother and father died you became the most important person in my life, and I didn't want to live if you weren't in it. But I forced myself to go on because I knew my people needed me, and I knew you would have wanted me too. Then I find out that you were never really dead, that you had joined Zaibach. Thrown everything you had worked so hard to achieve away, left your brother and I, and never looked back. That hurt even more then when I thought you were dead." Tatanya said in a weak whisper. Folken felt he was going to be sick. How could he do this to her? How? "You want to know the worst part of all this, Folken?" Tatanya whispered. Folken said nothing, didn't even take his eyes off the floor. "The worst part is that I still love you". Folken looked up to see tears streaming down Tatanya face. "Even after all the pain you caused me, I still love you. I can't stop. I wish I could but I can't, even if you don't love me, and I'm guessing you don't. I still love you". With that said Tatanya grabbed her papers and ran out of the room, leaving Folken alone with his thoughts and guilt.
"I love you too, Tatanya," Folken whispered suddenly, letting a stray tear slide down his cheek. Moments later, Marcus came back in.
"Folken what happened? I just saw Tatanya and she was awfully upset," Marcus asked, sounding very concerned. Folken said nothing, just grabbed his papers and began to leave. "Folken?"
"I don't want to talk about it!" Folken suddenly replied before exiting the room, leaving Marcus totally dumbfounded and in the dark about what had happened.
Later on in his room, Folken kept thinking over and over about everything that had happened, all the things that Tatanya had said. "Why did I ever come here?" Folken wondered out loud to himself.
"Maybe it had to do with you wanting to see your old love again?" A voice suddenly answered. Folken sat up and saw Malcolm standing at the door. "Sorry sir, but I was told to inform you that dinner will be in an hour," The young man replied.
"What did you say?"
"I said dinner would be in…"
"Not that. What you said about Tatanya?" Folken asked.
"Oh! I said that maybe the reason you came here was because you wanted to see your old love again?"
"How did you know Tatanya was my girlfriend?" Folken questioned. Malcolm grinned.
"Come on, sir, everyone knows about you and the Queen," he replied.
"They do?"
"Uh huh." Malcolm smiled.
"All right then. But, just what makes you think I came here because I wanted too? I'm only here because my brother ordered me to," Folken answered.
"Are you?" Malcolm asked, cocking his eyebrow.
"Of course," Folken answered coldly. "Why else would I be?"
"Like I said before, to see your old love."
"Well, that's not the case. I'm only here because Van ordered me to come."
"I see," Malcolm replied. "And why do you think Van ordered you to come here?"
"Just to torture me," Folken answered.
"Well, I guess that could be the reason. Or, maybe he sent you here because he knows yours heart better then you think," Malcolm replied before exiting the room, leaving Folken completely bewildered at what he had just said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

~Charlotte~ ^_^