Voltron Fan Fiction ❯ Caverns Of Fear ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi All -
 
 
So…yeah…I'm procrastinating on both my homework for school and my other stories, but here's this.... Hope you like it.
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-1234567890-
 
 
Caverns of Fear
 
 
Chapter 1
 
 
“Ngh....”
 
 
Keith stirred, slumped over the main control console of Black Lion. He slowly raised a hand to his head, hissing in pain when it came in contact with a large, swollen bump.
 
 
“Oww…damn.”
 
 
He reached out with his other hand, blinding groping for the comm-link button. Finding it and flipping it on, he called out.
 
 
“Allura. Allura, are you there?”
 
 
A few seconds passed.
 
 
No answer.
 
 
The fog caused by his induced sleep started to lift; fear beginning to settle in its place. He tried again.
 
 
“Princess, can you hear me? Princess Allura, this is Keith! If you can hear me, please respond!”
 
 
A few seconds…thirty seconds…a minute.
 
 
Nothing.
 
 
Keith turned, painfully - that's a few cracked ribs, at least - and fiddled with Black Lion's power controls, trying to assess the damage. After a few minutes, it seemed that offensive systems were shot and defensive nearly so - meaning the Lion was a sitting duck if anyone wanted to attack - but he still had power to move, and that was the important thing right now.
 
 
“Sh…ke…th….”
 
 
Huh?
 
 
The rattle of static drew his attention back to the comm.
 
 
“Sh…Keith…ear me?”
 
 
“Allura!”
 
 
He hurried his movements, moving dials and flipping levers as fast as he could, trying to clear the static from the signal. Keith flicked a final switch before calling out.
 
 
“Princess! Princess Allura, are you there?”
 
 
After a brief, heart-stopping moment of silence, the most beautiful sound came through the speakers.
 
 
“Keith? Is that you?”
 
 
Those were the first words he had heard clearly from Allura in heaven-only-knows how long. Thank the spirits, he thought, breathing a sigh of relief before replying.
 
 
“Yes, Princess - it's me. Do you know where you are?”
 
 
“Ah…no. There must be debris or something piled on top of Blue Lion. I can't get her to move.”
 
 
Something was off about Allura's voice…she sounded very, very tired. But then again, Keith supposed his voice wasn't exactly normal either, especially coming off a crash like that.
 
 
“You still have power, though, right?”
 
 
“Huh? Power…yeah, I've got some.”
 
 
“Good. Can you flip on your emergency beacon? Black Lion managed to escape damage, for the most part, so I can follow that to you.”
 
 
“Alright…standby.”
 
 
Keith waited, shoving his worry to the side while he finished a few checks on Black Lion. A few moments later, Allura's voice came back on the line, sounding even more tired and almost in pain.
 
 
“Alright, Keith…I've got the beacon on.”
 
 
“Allura…are you alright?”
 
 
It took her a moment to respond.
 
 
“I…I don't know, Keith. I think Blue Lion's really damaged - I can't move very much. And my head feels really heavy - like I haven't slept in a week.”
 
 
Keith frowned. As Allura talked, the fear and discomfort in him grew.
 
 
“Hey, Princess - I want you to keep this line open, alright? Keep talking to me until you can see me.”
 
 
“Talk to you?” she asked, slowly. “About what?”
 
 
Keith brought Black Lion to its feet and set off in the direction of the blinking beacon showing on his monitor screen.
 
 
“I don't know - anything…everything. Just don't fall asleep.”
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-1234567890-
 
 
That seems like a good place to end it. And just fyi - Allura's got a concussion, so that's why Keith doesn't want her to fall asleep.
 
 
I've got a little more, but it might be a while before that comes out. This won't be a long story, though…probably two more chaps and maybe an epilogue, depending on how the chaps end.
 
 
Lemme know what you think!
 
 
YoukaiLuvr