Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Simple & Clean ❯ Prologue: When You Walk Away... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Notes: I actually started this a long time ago and just never finished it… Stumbled across it and patched it up a bit. If you're a bit confused its because this story will be the flashback type, meaning you'll see the current situation and next chapter we'll start at the beginning. Hope you enjoy ^.^

Oh and this is dedicated to D-chan, Purr, Aideen, and of course Angel-Neechan. And the game Kingdom Hearts (title and chapter titles...if you haven't played yet, please do)

***

Simple & Clean

Prologue: When you walk away...

Eight pairs of eyes solemnly stared at each other across the expanse of the tiled ground. Eight young men. Eight killers. Each determined to do what they thought was right no matter the circumstances. Each willing to kill anyone in their way to make sure that happened.

"Stop," the voice was soft but captured the attention of all eight. A girl, no woman stood behind four of the young men staring at all of them hope in her eyes. "Please… just stop it. There's no need for bloodshed."

"There is," interrupted a slim brownish-blonde haired boy on the other side. "We can't allow you to live… You'll ruin everything."

A golden haired boy around the same age stepped in front of the woman as the other loaded a crossbow. "How can you want to kill her?" he asked confused and desperate. "She's everything that is good and right in this world… You can't take her life like this for any reason."

"You're wrong," Interrupted another person from the opposite side. Jade green eyes glinted as they stared solemnly at the silent woman. "If she exists then the world as we know it will be changed to her ideas. I hate killing women… especially as beautiful as her but I won't let a pretty face sway me." The light brown haired man tapped a button on his watch and pulled out a thin wire.

A brown haired man with bangs that hung over one eye frowned faintly. He turned his face to the threat revealing an equally jade eye. "Usagi-san will bring true peace to everyone. We won't let you kill her."

"But…We can't do anything about it. It's our mission to rid the world of those that seek to make it their own plaything," a brown haired man on the opposing side protested. "Innocent or not she's trying to make the world hers." He flexed his hand and blades appeared over his knuckles. "We'll stop her."

"Weakling," Spat a man of Chinese descent. "Are you so weak as to kill an onna over wanting peace?" he snarled. "We've fought all of our lives for what she will bring to us all."

Silence filled the air before a calm red-head spoke. "Our mission is to kill her and stop her changing of the world. We won't fail."

Prussian blue eyes darkened as the final person in the game stepped forward. "Our mission is to protect her with our lives. We won't let you touch her."

The woman frowned deeply. Blonde wisps of hair gently fluttered in the wind teasing her face. "Please… Don't do this… Any of you," she pleaded softly hoping that maybe, just maybe this time they'd listen.

Her hopes were dashed however as the eight began to fight. The four men that wanted her dead appeared to have the upper hand and she fell to her knees. Her four friends would bring out their guns soon and then… Everything would be too late. She knelt down on the ground her eyes full of hope as she stared at the moon, "Please… Make them stop," she whispered softly.

A silver glow surrounded her and her body gently lifted into the air. The eight separated ignoring their wounds as they stared wordlessly at the woman. Light sparkles seemed to surround her and her entire body went rigid. A cry of pain and shock escaped from her lips before the light vanished and she fell hard.

A pair of arms caught her before she hit the ground and a red-headed man smiled in amusement. "Not playing nice are we kitty cats?"

Yohji frowned his wire retracting and fresh blood dripping from it. "Schuldich…"

The lanky German smirked as he held the now unconscious woman. "Hello, Balinese… Trying to kill this lovely kitten?" he asked with a smirk.

A dark brown haired boy a few years younger then anyone else stepped forward. "Estet has given us a mission… You can't win against us, Weiss."

Aya frowned deeply as he stared at the new group. He had no doubts in his mind. If his group went against the eight there would be fatalities. He was willing to face it but was his team? He cast a wary eye over the group and silently nodded as he saw each willing to lie his life down for their mission.

Quatre gently took the still Usagi from the German's arms and studied her carefully. "Usagi-san?" Was she okay? What had happened to her? Could they have really failed after everything they'd gone through? "Usagi-san?"

Eyelids fluttered open and a pair of shining blue eyes stared solemnly up at the boy. "It's just, Usagi, Quatre-kun."

A smile of relief flashed over his face. "You're okay…"

Usagi nodded and then turned to the rival group. "Please… I'll do anything just stop. I don't want anyone on either side getting hurt."

Ken shook his head in sorrow. "It's too late for that… There's nothing you can do."

Usagi stepped away from her companions and towards the group on the other side. "You say there's only one way to end this, right?" she softly asked.

Yohji nodded. The group of assassins watched the girl as she knelt in front of them and yelled at her side to stay back. "What are you doing?" he queried.

She raised her head and stared him in the eyes. "I'm giving you what you want… Kill me."

Quatre would have rushed forward at this instant had not Nagi's arms been around the boy. "Let go! Usagi-san is going to get hurt!"

Omi stared at Usagi horrified. True he had his orders to kill her. But… she was just offering herself. It didn't seem right. "Usagi-san…"

Aya frowned faintly, "Omi," he cautioned.

The younger boy glanced uneasily at his leader. He couldn't take her side… He couldn't go against the team. They had helped him through so much. "Gomen," he whispered to Usagi as he took a step backwards and leveled his crossbow at her.

Schuldich frowned deeply. "Touch one hair on her head and I'll tear your mind apart, Mamoru," he growled.

Usagi's eyes watered slightly. "Mamoru…" she repeated softly.

Omi frowned deeply. "My name is Omi," he defended as at the same time a mental rush of images hit him hard. He winced in pain but fought to keep from collapsing.

"Stop it!" Usagi demanded turning around to face the silently fuming German.

Schuldich didn't take his eyes off of Omi's but the images stopped. "If any of you touch her… You'll be vegetables when I'm done with you."

Usagi shook her head. How had this all started? Had it been when Weiss had been given the mission to kill her? Or perhaps back farther… When they had been given the mission to kill Mamoru and had carried it out. Or perhaps it was when Duo had been killed on accident? "Hasn't enough blood been shed?" she asked in a soft whisper.

Hiiro silently watched the girl. Had he truly been her protector for a year? He had thought himself in love with Ririna but after this year… He wasn't so sure anymore. Everything that had happened to them seemed like so long ago…How had he ended up like this?

Usagi waited for the four in front of her to strike. She was ready. It was only fitting after all. She shouldn't be the sole one to survive.