Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Simple & Clean ❯ Chapter One: You don't hear me say… ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author Notes: Okay I've been getting a lot of requests for Kamereon! A TON! o.o you guys are actually pretty scary when you want something. But, its not my turn to write it just yet. You have to wait for Aideen-chan to finish the next chapter with her usual unique sense of humor and charm. I'm as anxious as you all are! Anyway, as for the story itself this is where it all starts. By the way, though Duo is dead by the time the prologue comes around he'll be alive for quite awhile so you Duo lovers have no need to burn/hang/torture/or maim me ^^;; enjoy minna and gomen ne if its a tad...umm dark?

Simple & Clean

Chapter One: You don't hear me say…

It was picture perfect. There was a chocolate cake, with white icing to match the mood, that towered over the festivity at a marked height of ten feet. The room was packed with gifts and presents that were so heavy they broke more than one table before their owners gave up and stacked them around a shining white tree.

The room was such a sight to see that one could stare for hours at all the little details that had been put into it. Not only were the stained glass windows white but they had special images of the two very special people that would be attending that day. Every single pane had a painstakingly realistic individual scene on it. No two were alike. The carpet was a flawless light cream that was a pleasure to walk around barefoot on. Even the lights had gotten special care and been crafted out of real diamonds.

It was costing them a fortune. The young bride to be glanced warily at the gigantic room and struggled not to burst into tears. She had always dreamed of such a wedding but she never would have imagined the cost associated with it! If she weren't about to become queen she'd spend her entire lifetime in debt over this.

As a single bell tolled she swallowed nervously. It was time. She tightened her hold on her priceless daisies, a flower she had insisted on, and took the first step down the long aisle where her beloved awaited. She was getting married.

Mamoru Chiba watched his bride and smiled as she relished every step. One could easily tell she was nervous and he fought his smile at how cute she looked being so. He was finally going to be wed to her after all this time. Finally, their dream reality could commence.

After this ceremony they would be King and Queen over earth. The thought was enough to make one dizzy and sick with anxiety. Would he be able to be a good ruler? There were already a few rebel groups that claimed that the girl was a tyrant and had no right ruling anything. Those few groups had been ignored, but still a group of protectors surrounded the huge church and promised their lives would be lost before anything happened to either person. They were serious and it scared him. He didn't want to lose any of his friends.

His thoughts faded as she smiled shyly at him and stepped to his side. He didn't even listen to the minister as he lifted her veil and stared into her lake-blue eyes. Eyes he would wake up to every day after this. This was happiness. This was going to be for eternity. "Usako," his whisper was meant to be soft but the whole room tittered at the affectionate name. All knew of these two's love for each other.

"Mamo-chan…" Her eyes were filled with tears of happiness, and her cheeks were a rosy red from their constant blush. Her dreams were coming true. She'd try to be the best wife she could and never disappoint him. He meant that much to her. "Mamo-chan," she whispered again before starting to go forward to touch him before realizing the minister was still talking. She flushed an even deeper color and attempted to listen. Soon… She couldn't wait!

Both parties had written long and lengthy vows telling of their love for each other. Neither could remember a single word of their labor as they drank in the sight of the other.

The minister chuckled, highly amused at the two. They didn't need words to express their love. It was obvious with just the sight of them. "I now pronounce you, man and wife," he commented with a flair, not the bit disturbed that they were too busy staring at each other to listen. "You can kiss the bride."

This seemed to finally snap the young man out of his trance and he hesitantly moved forward. True, the two had kissed before, but this was different. This was the beginning kiss of them being as one instead of two separate beings. He closed his eyes and offered a simple prayer to the gods for everything to go right as he bent down and captured her lips. This was truly heaven.

The screams were the only thing that forced the girl to open her eyes. When she did she began to scream as well. A long katana blade had pierced her love's chest and he stared at her with dying eyes. His lips moved in an attempt to comfort but no sound came out. Though he was dying he was only sorrowful that he had to leave her behind. For a few precious moments they had been wed as husband and wife.

A painful shudder shook the man's body and then he went limp. Slowly the blade was pulled out and the girl stared horrified into a pair of emotionless light violet eyes. What was going on? "Why?" her whisper seemed to echo in the now deathly silent room. The minister and guests had fled for their lives, giving no thought to anything but escape.

He didn't answer and merely readied his blade for another attack. It was her turn to fall now and both knew it. Unsurprisingly she began to weep and she held onto her love's cooling body as she waited for the finishing blow.

"Step away from the Princess." Demanded a soft yet furious voice. The speaker stepped out of the shadows that her dark skin almost blended in with. Her ruby eyes were filled with unshed tears as she stared at the fallen Prince. She hadn't been quick enough. Resolve strengthened her and she stood up straight as she readied her weapons. "I'll warn you again to step away."

A lone gunshot was heard and the stranger took a step back as his eyes scanned his surroundings to see where the bullet had appeared from. A boy stepped out from behind the woman a look of horror clearly evident in his eyes. "What kind of sick-o are you to attack someone on their wedding day?" He glanced warily at the broken woman and winced. Why couldn't the weird lady have gotten them there sooner? Hadn't she claimed to be the guardian of time?

"Don't interfere." It was the first words the killer spoke.

"Listen, I don't know why you're going around trying to kill harmless girls, but you've got to stop." He noticed the girl staring at him and offered a smile. "Name's Duo, nice to meet ya." He was touched that even now she managed a small smile at him and nodded her head.

The green-haired woman sighed and closed her eyes as she tried to get some semblance of the future. With the death of the Prince everything had fallen into chaos. It was nearly impossible to distinguish which way this would all fall now. Besides, she had her own mourning to take care of. The Princess wasn't the only one in love with him. She glanced over her shoulder as the rest of the rescuer's group arrived. She had given them sketchy details since she had been in a hurry to stop the assassin. Apparently, she had failed.

Slowly the blonde glanced up as even more tears trailed down her cheeks and stared past her rescuer at the red-haired assassin, "Why?" it was the only word she could utter in the midst of her grief and once again she received no answers.

Something whistled through the air and a second later Setsuna was stepping back with a wince. A dart had grazed her arm when she had dove to protect the still weeping girl. She didn't even have to look into to the future to know that she wouldn't survive this battle. "Hime…"

Slowly the cloudy blue eyes rested on her ancient friend. This was all a dream right? This couldn't be happening to her! "Setsuna..." Finally she had gained a new word in her vocabulary.

The guardian smiled thinly and felt relief course through her as her group fired their guns at the attacker and drove him away for the moment. She knew that they would return soon and there would be nothing she could do to stop it. Besides, the girl didn't even realize that her love hadn't been the only one to be brutually brought to an end, just yet.

"We're just letting him get away?" The bride's rescuer scowled at the thought. "This isn't right… You brought us here, why again?"

"I brought you to prevent what just happened… Though you did save the life of the Princess." She bowed slightly as an expression of her gratitude. "Arigato."

He rolled his eyes at the short-skirted woman and glanced once more at the crying girl. "Hey… He's gone now you don't have to be afraid any more…" He glanced semi-warily at his companions that still hid in the dark. "Come on, guys help me out here."

A blonde with short tousled hair was the only one that heeded his call and knelt by the sobbing beauty. "My name is Quatre… I'm sorry we didn't get here in time to stop it."

Her eyes darted to his, a haunted expression still deep within their depths. "Usagi…" She shook like a leaf as she continued staring at her dead prince. "This… this is a dream, right?" she asked hopefully as she turned her attention to the one named Duo. "I'll just wake up in a few minutes and everything will be normal again… right?"

Duo winced at the question and let his gaze fall. He couldn't look into her eyes, but he could glare at the so-called guardian of time who seemed to be steadily growing paler. What was happening there?

Quatre was the only one brave enough to answer her question. "No, Usagi-san. This isn't a dream… I'm sorry for your loss… and I promise we won't let anything happen to you."

Pain flashed in those expressive baby blues and her body began to shake as she fought hysterics. "But… Without him…" She shook her head and barely fought a long moan of despair that all but tugged at her soul. "I can't… I can't do it," she was whimpering now and hugging herself tightly but she didn't care. "This wasn't supposed to happen," she attempted to explain as she once more touched her love's cold body. "Mamo-chan… wake up…"

"Gomen, Hime," Setsuna apologized as she wiped sweat off her brow. She'd have to leave soon if she didn't want the distraught girl seeing her slow and painful demise. "I wasn't able to stop this sudden flaw in the time stream… I failed you." Her eyes shone with unshed tears, but with a heroic effort she held them back, "I've brought these five to protect you… They'll die to ensure that Crystal Tokyo is still formed. Please, don't give up the dream of a perfect utopia because of my lapse in judgment."

Usagi was shocked out of her mourning as she stared. Pluto was not only admitting to have made a mistake but was apologizing for it? "Will… Will the world really be happy if I form Crystal Tokyo?" she didn't care if her voice only came out in a whisper. She knew the other had heard her. "Wasn't the one that attacked…" Her gaze fell, and she fought the tears that threatened to overwhelm her once again, "didn't he do that because he doesn't want Crystal Tokyo to be formed?"

"Usagi-san…" Quatre got to his feet and slowly approached. "The future that your friend told us about… We've fought so hard for it for so long. It's selfish of me to ask this and I apologize but please… Make this dream utopia reality. Stop the fighting and the wars…"

She got to her feet slowly and forced her vision to not fall on Mamoru. "If… If bringing Crystal Tokyo into reality and becoming Neo Queen Serenity will really help the people of this world then I'll do it."

Setsuna smiled slightly at the words and took this as her time to vanish. She had taken the boys from an alternate time stream and with her death wouldn't be able to return them, she knew this and accepted it. They were far more useful in bringing about a perfect world than as soldier pawns in a stacked game of chest. Since they were soldiers she knew they'd follow her last command without much thought. They longed for the war-less world as much as she. With their help it would still come about but perhaps not in quite the way the original had been formed.

As the woman appeared in the lonely gates of time she let her body collapse as the poison ravaged her system. It wouldn't be long now. Her eyes closed and she sighed softly. Finally she would be released from her duties as guardian. Her breathing slowed and she could almost make him out. He was coming to her. Coming to take her away from the gates and to a better place. Without any hesitation she put her hand in his and followed him into the intense light.