Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ A Burning Question ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Why did I get out of bed this morning? What possessed me to leave my room, let alone actually spend time with that prying asshole? Even though he's still standing in the alley, I can feel his eyes following me. I can't believe that I let him know one of the last things I held secret! Oh God, now Hidaka's trying to talk to me. Am I wearing some sort of sign that declares how much I long for vapid conversation?
 
 
“Hey, Aya, have you…Wait, what's up? Did something happen? OI, YOHJI! WHAT'D YA DO TO HIM?”
 
 
Sincerest thanks to whatever entity is currently watching over me, turning that oaf jock's attention to Kudoh. Oh…no…If that narcissistic bastard breathes one word of what I just told him to Hidaka or Omi, he's dead. Actually, amend that: He's dead NOW. Good thing that I left my katana just inside my door.
 
 
“Aya, Yohji's not telling me what he did to piss you off so much! C'mon, spill! Oh, FUCK! You're on your own, Kudoh!”
 
 
…I think Hidaka saw the sword in my hand as I descended the stairs. I suppose this proves that the man possesses at least a minimal amount of brain cells. Oh well, he's out of my sight now. My real target's looking slightly frightened, having stopped coming through the door when Hidaka ran away, cursing like a sailor. Hmmm, I wonder if his life has begun to flash before his eyes yet. Not that it would take long, I suspect; it would probably rival the quality and content of a porn film.
 
 
“Aya, let's not be hasty here. I'm not going to tell anyone, it's okay, you don't have to gut me! Just…put the sword down? Please?”
 
 
I think he realises that I'm not listening. There's nothing he can say right now that will stop me from trying my best to put his intestines on the outside of his body. I'm not Aya anymore; Abyssinian is the one wielding this antique weapon. And unless he moves incredibly quickly, he has approximately three seconds before I'm introducing his organs to cold steel. Oh look, the coward's taken off. Not even man enough to face me- he knows that he's outclassed here.
 
 
“YOU'D BETTER NEVER STOP RUNNING, KUDOH! I PROMISE YOU THAT THIS ISN'T OVER!”
 
 
I'm not going to bother going after him. Knowing that fool, he'll stay out, get completely inebriated, and then stumble home at some ridiculous hour, waking us all up. As per usual. Oh, for crying out loud, now Omi's decided to wander out from another room to find the source of the commotion. Just great, just fucking great! And even better, Hidaka and Kudoh's foul language is rubbing off on me. If I'm not going to get to kill Kudoh now, it's definitely going to happen one of these days. I can just tell that he's not going to leave the topic of my sexuality alone.
 
 
******
 
 
Gods be damned, this day just keeps getting more and more interesting! First I managed to drag that frigid bastard out of the house, then got him to speak to me, and then even found out one of the biggest secrets I never knew he had! Of course, the whole `getting chased out of the building by a manic, katana-brandishing redhead' thing wasn't really the most fun I've ever had, but at least now I have an excuse to stay out for the rest of the day. Looks like it's time for more shopping, and then getting nicely tanked while I gloat to myself about how I got Aya to open right up! Damn, but I'm good. It's gotta be that Kudoh charm.
 
 
******
 
 
I don't care anymore. It's been five hours since I chased Kudoh from my sight, and I think that the other two are so petrified of me that they won't risk coming up here, lest their footsteps disturb me. My urge to kill has disappeared- they'd be safe if they came near me. I'm only annoyed at myself now, for being stupid enough to let Kudoh know that I like men. This is why I try to stop my emotions from getting the better of me, it never ends well. Just like it's unforgivable to deviate from a mission plan because I let revenge distract me, it's unforgivable that I would let someone that loose-lipped know something so personal about me.
 
 
“Goddammit, Kudoh, why must you be so nosy? Why must I be so stupid?”
 
 
Ah damn, I think that new hole in the wall is going to take some work to cover. And I bet they heard the crash from downstairs. Maybe I do still care, more so than I thought. It's not my fault that Kudoh, that infuriating, despicable, immoral, BEAUTIFUL bastard…Oh, God. No. NO! I cannot think like that. He's already found out my preferences; if he discovers that I've been watching him, his ego is going to get so big that it explodes. I won't let him hold this over me.
 
 
“…Aya? Aya, we heard a bang, is everything okay? Do you need anything?”
 
 
Typical Omi. So concerned about me, even though he knows that he won't get any answers to his pointless questions. Damn it all to Hell, I'm not staying here. Looks like it's the right time for me to drink my troubles away. It's been a while, and maybe I'll even find some company whilst I'm out. All these thoughts about my sexuality are making me painfully aware that it's been…far too long.
 
 
“Aya? Please, just answer me! Are you hurt? Ay…argh!”

If I wasn't in such a malevolent mood, the look on the kid's face may have been considered comical as I swung the door open right when he went to knock again. He just stares after me as I sweep past him, trying to decide whether to follow me, ask more questions or just shut the Hell up for once. Luckily for him, he chooses the smart option and stays next to my now closed door, silent. Hopefully Hidaka can gather the same message if I pass him. I'm not in the mood to hear his butchering of proper language. But he's not around. Probably heard me coming down the stairs and hid. Hmmm, looks like I should give the boy more credit; he's smarter than he seems. Oh, thank God, I'm out of that wretched building. I can leave all this behind, at least for a few hours. But that's all I need.
 
 
******
 
 
Woo, I'm nicely buzzed and I think Mr Deep-Dark-Secret will have left his armed post at the back door by now. Probably safe to go home, get some well-deserved rest. It seems like a waste to go, the streets are filled with gorgeous, scantily-clad women, but poor Omi'll be wanting to know if I've been chopped into a million little bite-sized pieces. I still can't believe, though, that I never even had the slightest idea about Aya being gay. But then again, you can't really find out much about a person who barely talks. Wait a second, what's this…
 
 
“Well, hey there, Aya! What're…?”
 
 
Huh. He just brushed past me without even looking in my direction! And what's with the…Holy. Shit. On a motherfucking STICK! He has a guy with him. And said guy has the kind of lust-sick expression I'm used to seeing on, well, the girls I take to bed! Bloody Hell, I need a stiff drink. Thank the gods for the bottle of vodka under my bed; it's probably going to get a workout as soon as I get home. I can't wait `til I see Aya tomorrow, I've gotta corner him and make him tell me EVERY little detail about this surprisingly active sex life!
 
 
******
 
 
It's 3a.m, and I'm finally back in the sanctuary of my room. I had to get away from that guy as soon as possible…it's not hard to leave while someone else sleeps when you're a highly-trained assassin. Tonight was a complete failure. I can't get my mind off…earlier events, and seeing Kudoh in the street just made it worse. He definitely saw…whatever that boy's name was. Nothing more I can do now, except hope that this is all a dream, and that I don't actually have to open the flower shop in 6 hours…with Kudoh…Oh, dear God….
 
 
“…Aya…Aya, mate, buddyroo, comrade, are you still awake?”
 
 
The voice might be soft, but I can still recognise it as belonging to the asshole who is currently occupying my thoughts, and also that he's still drunk. Does he really think that I'm going to grace him with a response? Not that it matters, the little boozehound seems to take my silence as an affirmative answer.
 
 
“Good, good, great! Now, I jus' wanted you to know- I'm looking forward to working with you…just us…alone…all morning! See ya in a few hours, sunshine.”
 
 
And with that, he leaves me alone again. All morning? He'll be lucky if he lives past 9:30. Oh God, that urge to murder has returned. I just hope that we get a mission soon, or someone else is going to be explaining to Manx and Persia why Weiss needs a new member. One of the current men is likely to end up suffering from an…unfortunate accident…