Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ A Burning Question ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ugh…bloody sunlight…always interrupting a good sleep…what time is it? Oh shit, it's after 10:30! I should've been in the store two hours ago! Why didn't Aya wake me up with his screeching today? Usually, he would've tried dragging me out of bed and throwing me headfirst down the stairs an hour ago. Maybe he's not feeling well; but that'd normally make him even worse…Oh, shit! How'd I forget? Aya was out on the club strip last night, and he had some barely-legal prettyboy with him! I guess he hoped that I was drunk enough to sleep til next week, just so he could avoid being alone with me. Thing is, I wasn't really that bad earlier. I just wanted to mess with him!
 
 
“…Did you hear Aya come in last night, Ken? He was even later than Yohji! Something was really wrong…”
 
 
Omi and Ken must be heading downstairs, they've moved out of my hearing range and I can't tell what they think happened between Aya and me. Hopefully they assume I was just needling the prickly asshole, as usual, and took it too far. I really don't want to think about what would happen to me if they discover Aya's secret. Even if it isn't my fault, if it gets out I can probably say goodbye to at least ONE of my heads! Oh, well, time to get dressed and go down to the store. The rush should be over, and Aya will probably be alone. Time to get more answers out of him! His ass is mine!...Not literally, of course. I don't swing that way.
 
 
“Aya! Aaayyyyaaa!! I'm here, why didn't you wake me up? I could've helped you deal with the early rush!”
 
 
Hmm, can't see him. Wonder where he's hiding. No matter, there aren't any customers, and the other two left through the back door just as I was coming down. If I can't find him, I'll have to draw him out. If there's one thing I've mastered while working in this god forsaken flowershop, it's how to push Aya's buttons. And now I have even more ammunition on the stupid prick!
 
 
“Hey, Ayan! That was one cute guy you had…mmph!!”
 
 
Shit, that man is QUICK! I didn't even hear him behind me, and yet he got his hand over my mouth before I could finish my sentence. I'm guessing that those are pruning shears stabbing into my spine…Aya's not quite that tall, heh heh. Oh damn, that sort of thought is just…weird, now. It's gonna be hard to break that particular habit! But he's still not letting me speak.
 
 
“Never. Mention. ANYTHING. About what you saw last night. Just because I let my guard down for five seconds yesterday does not mean that you have to right to speak like you know everything about my private life. What I do in my own time is no one else's business, and you will NOT let the other two know about this. “
 
 
Fucking fuck, ow! The bastard pushed me over! I can't BELIEVE that; he blasted me out, then decked me! And now I'm sprawled, completely gracelessly, on a soil-covered floor. Juuust fabulous, doesn't Aya know how much of a bitch these pants are to clean? I can almost hear the thoughts running through his head now: `blah blah blah, that'll teach him to wear white jeans in the store, blah blah blah I'm Aya and I'm so wonderful, blah blah blah everyone is insignificant to me and my awesomeness!' Ugh, he's such a complete and utter BASTARD! He acts so quiet and refined, but I can tell that he's just an arrogant little shit under it all. Like right now, he's got a look of total scorn, plus a level 4 deathglare, on his face, like I'm actually ENJOYING sitting in this filth. Alright, I'm done with this crap: IT'S ON! I'm never letting the subject of his sex life go, no matter how many pairs of pants must be sacrificed to the cause!
 
 
******
 
 
…Kudoh looks absolutely gorgeous spread out on the floor, long denim-clad legs splayed open everywhere…God no, I can't stay here, I have to get away before I do something completely idiotic, like joining him down there…but I can't get my legs to carry me back into the store. No matter how much I want to run away and just hide from this annoying prat, it'll be safer to go back to work. I cannot let him corner me in private, or it will probably end with me blurting out everything I think about him. Or attempting to place my tongue down his throat.
 
 
“What the fuck was that, Aya? C'mon man, I didn't really deserve that, did I? Can you at least give me a hand up? These jeans are a little too tight to stand easily.”
 
 
Oh God help me, he's holding his hand out. I want to take it- I really do. But if I grab him, I won't want to let go. So I do the only thing I can: shove my hands firmly in my pockets, turn around and stalk back towards the shop. His indignant splutters are the only backing track to my dramatic exit.
 
 
******
 
 
This is going to take some serious planning. I can't just skip up to Aya and expect him to spill everything to me. I need to get him to drop his guard. I need to mess him up enough that he accidentally lets everything out…
…I need to get him drunk. Why didn't I think of this before? The quiet ones nearly always get real talkative when they've had a few! Or, they get homicidal. But then again, Aya's usually homicidal, so that'd just be like trying to talk to him normally. This is easily the best idea I've ever had! Bar one teensy little problem. I have to convince him to go out with me first.
 
 
“HEY, AYA! I'm finally right to get to work, thanks to you getting me so dirty that I had to change. Where are you hiding this time, you sneaky bas…uh, wonderful man? I need to know what's left to do!”
 
 
So, an hour after I originally got down to the store, I'm ready to start work. Don't know why I'm bothering- Aya seems perfectly happy to run the whole joint on his own. But then again, I need to get on his good side if I'm gonna convince him to get smashed with me. And the first step to doing that is actually getting some work done today, not just making the place look good. I'm paying careful attention to my surroundings right now; I do NOT need him dropping me again. No, wait, I can hear him up the front, ringing up a customer.
 
 
“Goodbye. Hey, Kudoh, are you finally here to help out? It took you long enough to just change your jeans. I was getting fairly pleased at the thought that maybe you'd gone back to bed and weren't going to be irritating me down here.”
 
 
Huh. He's just a barrel of fun this morning, isn't he? But then again, Mr Grumpy's nearly said more to me today than he did all of last week, even if it's mostly just insults and threats. Maybe I am actually in with a chance, and this plan isn't going to be a total bust. Oh, fuck it, there's only half an hour until lunch, I'm just gonna have to come out and ask him to drink with me.
 
 
“I'll have you know, the shirt I was wearing doesn't go with anything but those white jeans, and it's just wrong to pair these other pants with the boots I had on. I needed to coordinate all over again! And let's not even get into the fact that you completely fucked up my hair with that little stunt you pulled.”
 
 
Okay, so I know that this isn't going to get me into Aya's good books. But it's completely true! Kudoh Yohji always makes sure that his outfit harmonizes, and that his hair is impeccable. I wouldn't be living up to my reputation if I was caught out wearing black pants with brown shoes.
 
 
“Oh, well, excuse me, Great Overlord Kudoh. I sincerely apologise for sending your wonderful outfit into a state of disarray. Now, if you're done with this stupid conversation, I have work to do. As do you.”
 
 
Oooh, sarcasm! Now there's that redhead attitude coming through! I still have to ask him about coming out with me…not like that. Actually, I know how I can work this to my favour; make it seem less like my invitation is pre-planned…
 
 
“You don't seem to respect fashion like I do. Are you sure that you're actually gay, Aya, and not just confused? I know, maybe you should take me out with you. That way, I can confirm whether or not you actually do like men, or if you're just trying to fuck with me. Hmm?”
 
 
That was totally dodgy. Aya's going to see right through it, I know he is. What's he got near him…pots, flowers, shears…I think I should be able to dodge before the maniac can reach for any of those. I'm safe…for now. But it's strange, he doesn't look like he's planning my death by deliberate tracheal collapse. He looks almost…thoughtful…
 
 
“If I take you out with me tonight, for one hour, will you leave me alone about this and never mention my sexuality again?”
 
 
Wow, I wasn't expecting THAT answer! I think I can get everything I want to know out of him in one night. I probably won't get another chance if I refuse this. Looks like I'm gonna have to reschedule tonight's date; the pissy redhead awaits!
 
 
“Three hours. Spend three hours, at a club, with me and I'll never bring your flaming homosexuality up again. Hey, because I'm so nice, I'll even let you pick the place. Do we have a deal?”
 
 
What can I say; I'm a haggler at heart. I can never resist the opportunity to barter over, well, pretty much everything. Oh shit, I hope I haven't pushed him too far. Maybe whatever hard drugs he's gotta be on right now are wearing off and this bizarre new Aya is gonna disappear forever.
 
 
“Two hours, Kudoh, and that's final. I'm driving, and we leave at 11. Be ready by then, I'll be at your door. Now, go do some goddamned work!”
 
 
Victory! Victory, oh sweet victory, it's mine! I'm gonna get Aya completely faschnickered and all his secrets will also be mine! But I should probably `do some goddamned work' now or he'll back out of this little arrangement. Not that it matters- I'm getting Aya smashed! A little work is worth this opportunity. Ooh, customers! And not just any customers, two hot women-type customers! Gods be damned, I'm just awesome. Everything today is going…wonderfully.
 
 
“Morning ladies, Kudoh Yohji at your service, now what can I do for you?”