Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ A Burning Question ❯ Chapter 9

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Silent. Awkward. Completely and absolutely fucking horrible. That's pretty much what I'd use to describe this goddamned car ride. I can't believe that I KISSED the frigid bitch…I must be crazy. It's not like I can even blame being trashed, we weren't at the club for long, and Aya would've seen that I barely drank a thing. Shit…I kissed Aya. And my lips didn't shrivel up and fall off! Wow! Oh crap, here comes the defence mechanisms. Why must I always start making STUPID jokes whenever I feel out of my depth? It just gets me into a deeper grave.
 
 
“Stupid shithead drivers, GET MOVING YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!”
 
 
Uh-oh. I've never heard Aya cuss like that, even at slow-moving cars. The fact that he's this anxious to get home spells bad news for my physical safety. Especially as I'm the one driving; it's gonna come down on my head if we don't get home QUICK. Four blocks to go…three…two…one…Thank Odin, Jesus and Hades, we're home! Actually, it's times like this that I really get to appreciate Aya's near-superhuman speed. Sure, he's not quite as fast as that Schuldig bastard, but I don't think many people could get out of this car and into the building as quickly as Aya did just now.
 
 
“Well, Yohji, I think this is a new low. You had three easy lays right there, and you bailed on `em. Then, to top it all off, you stuck your tongue in your teammate's mouth. Your cold, angry, GAY teammate's mouth. See what happens when you're sober?”
 
 
Stupid hedonistic part of my brain, telling me shit I already know. It did get one thing right, though: I need a stiff drink. NOW. Aya should be safely locked away in his room by now. Well, either that or he's about to come bursting out the door, sword in hand. Heh heh, maybe he's locked away in his room with `sword' in hand…fuck. I really need to get better control of my brain, now is NOT the time to be thinking shit like that. Booze…need booze…out of the car, in the back door, up the stairs…down the hall…WHAT THE FUCK?
 
 
“A-Aya? Why the Hell are you in my room? HEY! That's MY grog!”
 
 
That son of a bitch! Happily sitting in the middle of MY room, necking from MY bottle of Jack! Doesn't he have any of his own? Oh, wait, this IS Captain Serious, he's probably never even been inside a liquor store, let alone held his own stash. And Omi won't let me keep any alcohol in the kitchen, some bullshit about it being bad for me…Well, I was nearly stone dry tonight, and I still did some damned stupid things that may just get me killed…anyway, why is Aya on my floor?
 
 
“You see, I figured that because you sexually assaulted me, I should get your liquor to help me forget. I've decided not to kill you, so long as you don't get in the way of me drinking myself into a stupor.”
 
 
…That was definitely an order, not negotiation. I guess he has a point. But why couldn't he go back to his own stupid room? I'm not leaving, and he looks like he's set up shop for a while…Ah, screw it, I probably won't even remember he's here after I start on…hmmm, what do I have in my wardrobe…fuck yeah, looks like it's vanilla vodka and Coke tonig-…this morning. At least Aya's on the floor, so I can sprawl out on my bed. I take back what I said last week, I hope Aya's a quiet drunk, I really don't feel like holding a conversation right now. He's making quite a dint in that bottle, he would've opened it and it's half gone now. Maybe he'll pass out. But then what would I do? There's no way in Hell I'd be dragging his deadweight ass to his own room, but if he woke up here he'd definitely be after my blood. It was bad enough last time he woke up in my bed!
 
 
“Whatever, ice prince. Or should that be ice queen? No, don't answer that, I'm not in the mood to be ripped a new one. Bottoms up!”
 
 
******
 
 
For God's sake; must everything that man says be sexual? I wish he wouldn't talk about being `ripped a new one', that's far too tempting a visual…shit, I'm drunk already. I don't even know why I'm here, I just wanted to drink and I don't have anything, so I figured Kudoh would. I could see the bottle of whiskey under his bed, sat down to grab it, and then, well, couldn't be bothered standing again. Then he had to come bursting in just as I started. I wish he'd thrown me out, that would have given me some motivation to move…why IS he letting me stay? Mmmm, I need to drink more…thankfully it's been hours since I last ate; I should hit the deck soon.
 
 
“Kudoh…why'd ya have to go an' kiss me?”
 
 
…Oh, fuck, I didn't really ask that out loud, did I?...Maybe he didn't hear me. Maybe it was so slurred that it was barely intelligible...I don't want to have this conversation right now…I don't want to have it ever…I just want to drink until I can only see a blur instead of Kudoh's annoying, handsome face…fuck. I really am just too far gone, aren't I? I don't hate Kudoh. I never have. Trust me to have a big, existential breakthrough when I'm smashed.
 
 
******
 
 
Looks like Aya's a talkative one, after all. But why, out of every question in the entire frigging universe, did he have to ask that? I DON'T KNOW. I'm not going to answer. He'll probably assume that I didn't hear; IF he even realises that he said anything. I guess Aya's a total lightweight, he's pretty much already gone and hardly any time's passed. But he is drinking Jack straight out of the bottle…Fuck, if he pukes on my floor, he's a dead man. What's he doing now? I can hear him moving below me on the floor somewhere, maybe he's going to his OWN room…no, he's turned to face me, and…he's staring at me. Not in his usual, `I'm about to gut you and use your intestines as a belt' kind of way, instead he looks kind of…lost…
 
 
“It didn't work.”
 
 
Huh? What didn't work? Fuck, if he's stopped making sense, he's about to fall asleep or get totally violent…It'll be safer if I stay quiet, give him less of a reason to flip out at me…I like having teeth, thanks. And he's still staring at me- is he trying to get his laser eyes to activate or some shit?
 
 
“I figured if I drank enough, everything'd go all fuzzy, and I wouldn't haveta see your gorgeous face anym-…”
 
 
Did Aya really just say…Oh, fuck, what've I done? At least the idiot just passed out, slumped on his side all over my floor. That can't be comfortable, what with the piles of junk and clothes everywhere…but I guess he doesn't really notice, being smashed and all…That's no excuse for me to leave him down there. I'm not going to carry him back to his own room, I'm likely to walk into something and wake the others up. And if Omi and Ken see Aya like this, there'll be questions. Questions which I DO NOT feel like answering right about now. I didn't get far into my own drinking session, so facing the Spanish Inquisition isn't high on my list of priorities. Guess I should throw caution to the wind and let Aya sleep this off in my bed, rather then on my floor. If he's gonna wake up in here, he may as well be comfortable.
 
 
“I hope you appreciate this, you stubborn asshole. And if you lose it at me tomorrow morning, I'm going to rearrange your face, no matter how gorgeous you tell me I am.”
 
 
Gods be damned, that man packs a lot of muscle onto his frame. He looks little, but he weighs an absolute ton! Finally, he's up on my bed. He can get stuffed if he thinks I'm putting him into something more comfortable, though. Fine, I'll take his boots off, but those pants are staying firmly in place. Besides, they really do look awesome on him…shit, no, no way. I just don't want him to think that I took advantage of him, that's all. But where am I gonna sleep now? I don't feel like getting properly faschnickered anymore. I just want to sleep. Oh, to Hell with it. Looks like I'm taking Aya's bed for the night. I am NOT sleeping on the floor, and I definitely ain't getting in my bed, not when there's an easily-angry redhead in it.
 
 
“Fucking Fujimiya, always making life difficult. Well, guess we'll continue this later, man.”
 
 
S'pose I should leave him a note or something. Tell him that I'm in his room, so that he doesn't come barrelling in and stab me or something. Whatever. There we go, short, sharp and to the point. Hopefully, he'll see it propped on the nightstand when he wakes up. I don't feel like being interrupted for a few hours, at least. Quietly down the hallway…thank fuck Aya left his door unlocked, picking a lock isn't the most quiet of activities! I don't think I've ever been in here…never really wanted or cared to…
 
 
“Wow, Aya's got some serious stuff in here!”
 
 
I can't help but say that out loud. Who knew that the pedantic prick would have such a messy room? Clothes everywhere, clutter on half the flat surfaces…Awww, that's so sweet, pictures of his sister! I really want to look in his cupboards and poke around, but I have a feeling that Aya knows the exact spot of everything in here, and he'll kill me if I starting sifting through all his shit. At least his bed doesn't have junk all over it…fuck, it's small, though! I guess he doesn't need all the extra room for someone else, like I do. Sigh, I wish I had someone else with me. I never did get laid like I wanted to…and now, here I am, alone in some another guy's room. This is a first. Oh well, I don't care. It's definitely sleep time…Hey, this bed smells really good…like…well, like Aya…