Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Blue Eyes ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings: ANGST! Lots of it. CHARACTER DEATH!

Pairings: Ken + Omi

Summary: Sometimes saying I love comes a little too late….

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiss Kreuz.

Blue Angel Eyes

By Goth Koneko

Back to normal POV

Omi was out of surgery. The doctor said he had a slim chance of surviving. Ken fingers trembled as he pressed the numbers to the Koneko. His mind still in a state of shock and disbelief. The phone rang twice before someone picked up.

"Hello." A familiar voice said.

Ken's hand tightened on the phone, trying to cease all shaking. "Hey Yohji." He said. Trying to act causal even though his voice quaked slightly.

"Ken?!" Yohji practically yelled. "Where the hell are you and Omi?" The blond asked concerned.

White knuckled whitened more as his grip increased. His voice lost to his restricting throat. Ken swallowed. "We encountered some difficulties with the mission."

"What kind of difficulties?" An icy voice demanded.

Aya.

"Schwatz was there."

Silence.

"Ken. What. Happened?" Aya ordered sternly.

The brunette sighed heavily. "Omi was injured severely. He's out of surgery now but…" his voice trailed off. His eyes blurred as tears gathered.

"We're on our way Ken." Yohji was back on the phone. "Don't move."

With that said Yohji hung up the phone.

Ken's head was bowed and his hand still gripped the phone. A muffled pain filled sob escaped his lips. His knees shook and he collapse, the phone slipping away from limp fingers. The tears streamed down his face. "I'm so sorry Omi…" he cried.

***

Aya and Yohji burst through the doors of the hospital, earning a few curious glances as the two men searched frantically around. The blond walked up to the front desk where a young lady clad in a nurse's uniform sat.

"Excuse me." he asked the woman.

The dark haired woman glanced up at the blond. "Yes. Can I help you?" she asked.

"I'm looking for a patient by the name of Tsukiyono, Omi. He was brought in tonight by a brunette named Ken."

"Tsukiyono…" she muttered as she flipped through some sheets. "And what are you to the patient?"

"I'm his guardian along with two others, Ken and Aya." He answered calmly.

The woman nodded. "He's currently in intensive care. No visitor's are allowed at this moment." She gave the playboy a sad smile. "I'm sorry."

He sighed. "Could you at least tell me the current condition of Omi?" he asked sweetly but was really annoyed.

She shuffled around a few more sheets of paper. "His condition is stable at this moment. However, he had a lot of blood loss and a few of his internal organs were damaged." She bit her lip. "His shoulders are both severely damaged and he had a few broken ribs that resulted to his piercing his lung."

Yohji rubbed the back of his neck, shaking his head in disbelief. "And what's his survival rate?" he asked hesitantly.

"I'm sorry sir. He might not survive night." The nurse said forlornly.

He gave the nurse a sad smile whispering his thanks and searched for Aya. He found the red head crouching down next to Ken who was huddled up by the phone.

"Come on Ken." Yohji said calmly. Crouching down beside the distort brunette. "Let's go somewhere more comfortable. Hmmm?" Rubbing Ken's shoulders.

The brunette nodded his head and stood up with help from Aya. A bag was thrusted in Ken's hands.

"Go change first." Aya said.

Mutely Ken walked off to the washroom to change into some fresh clothing. When Ken disappeared Aya turned to Yohji.

"What's his condition?" he asked, his voice laced with worried.

Yohji sighed, he seemed to be doing that a lot since he came in here. "They say he might not survive the night."

Violet eyes slid shut.

It was Aya-chan all over again but with permeated effects.

***

Ken stripped off his torn shirt and pulled the new on over his head. He stuffed his old shirt and jeans into the bag. He exit the stall and placed his bag down on the ground. He gazed into the mirror. His face was marred his scratches made from the shards of glass that Nagi had propelled at them.

An image of Omi's face flashed in his mind. Omi…

Ken's hands balled into fists. Omi. He failed him. He failed Omi. He failed him. He failed him. The voice said repeatedly. Ken shook his head. He slammed his fists on the countertop. Tears welled up in his eyes.

"I love you Omi."

****

TBC~