Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Blue Eyes ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings: ANGST! Lots of it. CHARACTER DEATH!

Pairings: Ken + Omi

Summary: Sometimes saying I love comes a little too late….

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiss Kreuz.

Blue Angel Eyes

By Goth Koneko

Sirens sounded in the distance, their keening whining grating in Ken's ears. He stood in front of the burning building, the heat and flames so intense he felt he was on fire. Blood marred his face, his brown hair matted from sweat and dried up blood. Flames danced in his deep brown eyes, mirroring the emotion of anger he felt within.

The sirens were getting closer. Too close for Ken's liking. He turned away from the hypnotic flames and spirited towards his motor cycle that was laying in the bush. He hauled it back to it's standing position and mounted it. He turned the ignition on, revving it a few times he took to the dirt road leaving nothing but a trail of dust behind.

It was beginning to become light as Ken reached The Kitty in the House. As silently as he could, he parked his motor cycle in the garage and on silent feet went up the stairs. He turned the knob silently, not wanting to wake up he other occupants in the house. Ken pushed the door open a creak.

The door was pulled away from him, making him lurch foreword through the doorway and onto his knees. Shock was apparent on his face as he looked up to see Aya standing there, his arms across his chest, his face scolding.

"Where the hell have you been?" the red head demanded icily.

Ken noted the "tell me now or else" tone. Ken pushed himself from the floor, glaring at Aya.

"None of your business." He replied just as icily.

Ken was not expecting the blow to his face. He stumbled into the wall behind him, holding his cheek where he was punched. Shock was again on his features.

"It is my business where it involves Omi!" Aya yelled, his hands clenched at his sides. "You think I don't feel the same way? I want to get Schwartz as much as you do. But going around and exacting revenge and putting the rest of us in danger is not the way to do it!"

"Then what!?" Ken yelled back. "We sit on our hands and wait till Manx gives the word?" He spat. "Fuck it! I'm not going to sit around twiddling my thumbs while Schwartz is still alive and Omi is in the hospital dying!"

Aya asked calmly. "What if you're killed? What if Omi lives? And you're dead? Then what?"

Ken looked away.

"Have you been thinking of Omi at all? Or just revenge?"

Ken snapped his head back to Aya's, glaring. "What the hell do you think?"

"I think you're selfish."

Aya turned away and walked out of the room, leaving his statement hanging in the air.

Ken slid down the wall and cried.

*******

The sun was covered by thick rain clouds and the humid air was almost unbearable. But the hospital was cool. Ken was walking down the hall, a little teddy bear tucked under his arm.

He reached Omi's room. He gently pushed the door open and closed it just as gently. He walked over to Omi's bed. He smiled.

"Hey Omittchi." he greeted, brushing his fingers over the too pale cheek. "I got you something." He placed the teddy bear in the crook of Omi's arm. "I thought since I'm not always around, this little fellow would keep you company."

He pulled a chair closer to the bedside. He laughs.

"I know it's probably the childish thing to do but…I guess…I don't know." He took hold of Omi's hand. "Aya was right. I wasn't really thinking of you." he admitted. "I just wanted to feel better and I thought instantly of Schwartz, even though they should pay. They will pay, in due time. But I think I'm more needed here instead."

He rests his head down on the sheets.

Blue eyes fluttered behind closed eyelids, then slowly opened.

The first thing Omi noticed was the warmth in his hand. He looked down and saw his hand was intertwined with someone's. His gaze followed to a mop of brown hair by his hip.

"Ken?" he tried to say weakly, but his throat was raw and unused.

He swallowed and tired again. "Ken?" it sounded scratchy to Omi's ear, but it was louder.

Ken's head shot up and the sound of his name. He looked up to see Omi's blue eyes staring at him weakly.

"Omi?" He reached with his free hand and brushed a stray piece of hair from Omi's eyes.

"Omi weakly smiled. "Hey."

A smile spread across Ken's features.

"Hey." he replied. "How you feeling?"

"Tired and drain. Is it safe to say that it feels like a house fell on me?"

Ken chuckled. "Yeah."

Omi's eyes were sliding shut again. Ken could see that Omi was fighting against the tiredness.

"Sleep. I'll be here."

Omi nodded and fell asleep promptly.

Ken was so happy! Omi was going to make it. He reached for his cell phone in his leather jacket however, he remembered that he couldn't use it in the hospital. He stood up and gently laid Omi's hand back down. As he recalled, he saw a few pay phones down the hall.

"Ill be right back." He said to the slumbering Omi as he walks out the door.

The payphones were only five doors down from Omi's room. He picked up the phone and placed his Phone Card into the bottom slot. He dialled the number to The Kitty in the House. It rang twice before someone picked up.

"Hello, Kitty in the House. How can I help you?" It was Yohji.

"Yohji good news!" he said excitedly.

"Ken? Where are you? Never mind, stupid question. What good news?"

"Omi woke up just a little while ago!"

"WHAT?" Yohji yelled in disbelief. "Are you sure?"

"Positive! He's gonna make Yohji, I know it!"

"That's great. I'm going to tell Aya, hang on."

As Ken was waiting, a sound of a flat liner sounded. He whipped his head around to see 3 nurses rushing into Omi's room.

A cold chill shivered down his spine. He dropped the phone and rushed towards Omi's room.

"Omi!!!" He yelled.

****

TBC!!!!

****

Thank you all for reviewing!!!! *glomps*