Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast ❯ The Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Hey. I’m back. I guess I decided to try to finish up this baby! Heh heh! Yup! Hmm… Well, I just realized that I left out the disclaimer. Well, here goes…
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Weiß boys. They belong solely to Koyasu and his brilliant mind for making such a wonderful anime that practically begs for yaoi to come true. I am merely a lowly writer with no skill who will try her best to amuse what readers she gets, even if her poor, meek writing skills will at least provoke some laughs…
_
Ran paused outside of Ken’s bedroom door, wondering what he should do. However, before he could come to a decision, the door opened, revealing Ken. Ran froze, at loss of what to do. Ken cocked his head at Ran’s uncharacteristic, statue-like pose in front of his bedroom door.
“Umm…Aya,” he said, “are you okay? Do you need something?” Ran snapped out of his frozen stage, and finally looked at Ken… And blushed as he realized that Ken was scantly dressed, only donned in a towel wrapped loosely around his waist. Ran did his best not to stare at Ken, or to follow that trail of hair that led to a very appealing place. He realized that somehow, of all the times he could have chosen, he had managed to choose the time Ken usually bathed to talk to him. He mentally cursed himself for his stupidity, and quickly worked to amend his mistakes.
“I want you to come talk to me when you’re finished here.” Ran said. “I’ll be in my room. Just knock before you enter. Not coming is not an option, Siberian.” He added. Ken smiled softly at Ran’s blush and apparent attempt to regain his dignity. His smile wilted slightly and faded as he considered why Aya would have a need to talk to him. ‘Is he gonna tell me to stay away from Weiß? Will the next time Omi sees my body be when I’m bloody and dead?’
Ran noticed Ken’s fearful look. ‘Why is he so terrified? Perhaps it’s from asking him to come to my personal quarters… It certainly isn’t familiar territory to him. I better fix this’
“If you don’t wish to come to my quarters, we can go to the park or someplace to talk.” Ran said, aghast, as Ken seemed to become even more terrified. Maybe it would be best if he gave Ken room to make a suggestion. He’d do it bluntly, to avoid any unwanted double-meanings. “Choose wherever you’re most comfortable at, and let me know. We can talk there. I just want to help you Ken.” He added after a pause.
Ken relaxed as he realized that Aya wasn’t going to hurt, or worse, kill him. When he had first suggested going to the park to talk, Ken had wondered if then had been for easy disposal and clean-up after ridding Weiß of him… permanently… He was shocked though, that Aya had shown concern to him. Ken had thought that he would have to be the one to ask to talk. He had definitely not anticipated Aya caring about him enough to confront him about it. As well as that, Aya had shown concern towards him, not the team. Ken felt, well, honored that Aya would spare some concern for him.
Ran looked at Ken, a bit worried. He had been standing still for a minute, now. Perhaps he had been given too much to think about, Ran thought with an inward smile. Omi and Yohji constantly made cracks about Ken's intelligence. Ran supposed that they had begun rubbing off on him, for him to be having such fond thoughts as those that were currently going through his mind, spreading a strange warmth that Ran had only felt with Aya before that.
“I’ll be in the study.” Ran finally said, in an attempt to break the stifling silence. “Just come and let me know where you wish to go talk.” Ken's eyes refocused and he nodded his agreement to Aya, blushing when he realized how long he had been standing there. ‘God, I must seem so stupid to him. I hope that he doesn’t believe Omi and Yohji’s jokes about my intelligence…’
Ken stepped past Ran to get to the bathroom, practically tripping over the hallway rug in the process. Ran chuckled and caught Ken around the waist before he bashed his head on the wall. Amusement shone in his eyes as Ken jerked away from Ran, blushing madly.
Ken quickly dashed into the bathroom, inwardly groaning. ‘Great. Once again, I humiliate myself in front of Aya. Why do I have to be such a fucking klutz? How the hell am I gonna be able to look at him now?’
If Ken had waited for just a few more seconds before fleeing, he would had seen the rare warm smile that graced Ran’s lips. Ran shook his head, amused by Ken's hasty escape. ‘I hope he’s not too embarrassed when we talk.’ Ran thought. ‘I don’t believe that I can keep a straight face if Ken can’t stop blushing like that.’
Ran went to the study to wait for Ken to arrive. While waiting, he took a poetry book from the bookshelf, and curled up comfortably on the couch with cat-like grace. A few minutes later, if one looked in, one could find Ran deeply interested in the book he was reading, a small, fond smile teasing the tips of his mouth as fond thoughts of Ken went through his head.
_
And so there's chapter one. Hope you all like it! Well, I'm off. Don't expect any updates until July. I'm gonna be in India, and although there are computers there, between family and sightseeing, I wouldn’t get the time to do anything anyways. I'll write it out in my notebook on the plane, though, so there should be an update soon after June. Well, g2g now. L8rz!
By the way, don't forget to leave me a review! I decided to be nice and leave a chapter even though I didn't get much feedback on my last entry. AndI know that people ahve looked at it, becuase when I looked at the stats for it, there were86 hits for it. So just leave a small review. It doesn't need to be a paragraph or anything. Just a few sentences, and a rating from (-)1-10(+)if you feel like it.
Well, I've gotta go and help my mom cook now. We're gonna have guests over. Yay! TTYL8rz!
-PrincessFlame91