Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast ❯ Decisions, Decisions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Hey! I’m back! Yay! You all should be so thrilled! I know that you missed me soo much… Ya… I need to get a life, right? I’m sure that you all have much better things to do than to be moping over a writer on vacation. If you don’t… Well, I just gotta say that I feel sorry for you. Oh, and get a life, though I do appreciate you missing me. Hmm…
I hope you all are enjoying my fic. I’m having fun writing it, and I know that I shouldn’t really let what people think of my writing style and such affect and dampen me, but I can’t really help it. I guess I’m just a self-conscious person…
Yeah, well, now that you know that I need moral support, you should be able to tell that I need reviews to egg me on. It’s okay if you’re criticizing me a little. I didn’t really trust my other fic, because no one told me any way to improve it. Well, not that I remember off the bat, anyways… My memory’s not that sharp… LoL! Well, I’ll get onto the disclaimer, and then the fic, even though I know that you all enjoy reading me drone on, and on, and on, and on, and…
Disclaimer: I don’t own Weiß. If I did, I would be… Well, not where I am now… I’ll probably be in a nice brick house. Well, maybe mansion… I always liked those…
_
Ken finished his shower and quickly got himself ready to go and talk to Ran. He felt this odd desire to dress good to impress Ran but ignored it, since he had a feeling that Ran would notice if he didn’t look sloppy for no reason at all. He took a deep breath in the hallway outside the door to the study to calm his nerves. Even if he didn’t believe that Ran was going to hurt him, he was still worried about… something that he couldn’t quite put his finger on.
Ken blushed as he entered the study and found an extremely relaxed Ran reading on the couch. He couldn’t help but to notice how beautiful Ran looked, curled up on the couch, like a wild cat sprawled in the sun in the middle of its territory. He also couldn’t keep his eyes from being drawn to the pale alabaster he could see exposed as Ran’s shirt rode up from the position he was in.
Ran glanced up as Ken entered the study. He barely contained his grin as he noticed Ken's immediate blush. He had never realized that Ken was so easily embarrassed. Regrettably, now was not the time to be fooling around with that recently found information. Perhaps later, when their issues were more or less resolved… However, all he could do in the meantime was to attempt to resolve their current crisis.
“So,” Ran started, “have you decided where you wish for us to talk?” He hid his smirk at Ken's renewed blush. Unable to resist poking some fun at Ken, Ran began to tease him. “Ken, if you don’t stop heating the place up like this, I’ll have no choice but to dump you into the lake. You’re wasting our air conditioning, and I, for one, do not feel like paying for that.”
Ken froze and could only stare at Ran as he realized what had just transpired. ‘Oh my God! The world is gonna end! The sky is gonna fall! The pigs will fly! Hell’s gonna freeze ov-… well, it already did, didn’t it? At least, that’s how I saw Aya as, with his red hair and cold attitude… Oh my God! We’re gonna die!’ Ken was snapped out of his mental panic when he felt a hand rest on his forehead. He peered up through his bangs to see a smirking Ran who was trying to feign concern.
“Ken,” Ran said, “you need to calm down. You’ll work yourself into a fever if you don’t relax.” Ken could only stare at Ran with wide eyes, dumbfounded, once again at awe that Ran was making a joke. It seemed that the impossible was coming true. ‘What’s up with him?’ Ken thought. ‘Why is he being so casual with me?’
Ran saw Ken's disbelieving look and inwardly sighed. ‘Am I really so uptight,’ Ran though, ‘that Ken can’t even believe that I can joke around? Wow. Perhaps I need to loosen up some. I’ve heard Ken and Yohji talking about what a prick I am many times before. I didn’t realize that they really meant it…’ Ran’s smirk wilted and died out. He decided to just get on with the talk with Ken.
“Have you figured out where it is that you wish for us to talk?” Ran asked. Ken noticed how Ran’s voice had become flat. On sudden whim, Ken decided to tease Ran back, hoping to see the smile light up Ran’s face again.
“Aya,” he started, “if you don’t relax a little, you’ll make it so cold in here, that we’ll have to turn the heat on in the middle of the summer! It’s okay for you to smile and joke around and be… normal and everything. You just surprised me a bit.” Ran relaxed slightly, and offered Ken a small smile.
“If you’re trying to distract me from having our talk,” Ran said, eyes dancing slightly, “then I hate to break it to you, but it’s not working. Now tell me where you want to talk.” Ran chuckled, as Ken seemed to deflate. He grew serious again as he recalled the reason he wanted to talk to Ken so much. “If you can’t decide, I can decide for you, or we can just talk here. I don’t really care where we talk, Ken, so long as we talk. I need to discuss something with you, and it’ll be a bit hard if you’re all tense the whole time.”
Ken sighed as he realized that he wouldn’t be able to escape having the talk with Ran. But… he could make it as hard as possible for Ran. But why should he do that? After all, Ran just wanted to help him. He had said as much himself. Besides, wasn’t he considering talking to Ran in the first place anyways?
“You had better be considering where to talk,” Ran warned, “or do I have to choose someplace for you? Say, like the cemetery?” He paused to let that suggestion sink into Ken before recommending another. “Or maybe even a sword shop…?” Ran couldn’t hold back his chuckle after seeing Ken's horrified expression. “Just choose, Ken, and you won’t have to worry about ghosts. Or me running you through with a katana.” Ran added as an afterthought.
Ken quickly raked his mind, trying to figure out a suitable place. ‘Damn it! Of all times to get a brain fart!’ Ken blurted out the first thing that came to mind when Ran cleared his throat
“Umm… How about the café?”
_
Next time… The Talk
_
All right now. Chapter 2 done and in. Hope you all are actually reading this. As I mentioned earlier, I need moral support. Don’t expect me to continue otherwise. Well, I’m done babbling for now. TTYL8rz!
Signed,
PrincessFlame91