Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Library ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Weiss Kruez!

Author's notes: Special thanks to Kurumi-chan, for helping me beta-ed this fic ^^

The Library- Chapter 3


Monday- late afternoon at Weiss.

"I'm home!" Omi¡¯s cheerful voice rang out as he entered through the back door after a hectic day in school. His school uniform consisted of a pale blue blazer, a pair of long pale pants, and a white button-down top with a dark blue school tie.

"So how was your day at school?" Ken Hidaka, the brunet asked as he helped Aya close the shop for the day.

"It was fine, where's Yohji-kun?" Omi asked as he failed to locate the honey-blonde playboy of Weiss within the shop.

"Upstairs" came the curt reply of the redhead, Aya Fujimiya of Weiss.

As the trio headed upstairs to their living quarters, both the redhead and the brunet noticed the uneasy expression of their youngest member. The moment they reached their kitchen where Yohji was nursing his mug of coffee, Aya cut straight to the point by asking, "Omi, is there anything you want to tell us?"

"Huh? Well... yeah, there's something I really need to tell everyone here..." Omi said, as he wrung his hands in anxiety.

"So what is it, chibi?" Yohji piped up from his seat as he leaned forward with interest.

"Well... you see, today our teacher just assigned us to a project that requires us to work in pairs... It needs us to live with our assigned partner for a week in each other¡¯s households. We have to submit a report by the end of the term, and it takes up 70% of our grade; it's really important that we do it... or else we'll fail the class." Omi paused in his speech, as he watched his teammates¡¯ reactions carefully.

"Well, if it's so important to your grades... I suppose we could live with it...I mean, it's just a week, so as long as we watch ourselves and our actions and try not to arouse suspicion when we have our nights out...it should be fine, right?" Yohji said as he chose his words carefully.

"So who is that partner of yours?" Ken asked as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"What will happen if that partner of yours catches us sneaking out in the middle of the night?" Aya again cut directly to the point, causing Omi to sweat profusely at the prospect of revealing that he needed to work with the resident telekinetic of Schwarz.

"Well, I believe it will not be much of a problem nor hassle if my partner happens to catch us sneaking out at night or snuck in before dawn... He won't even bother us about it. ...Let's just say he knows us well enough to realize what we are doing..." Omi answered as he braced himself for the next bombshell.

At Omi's statement, the other three occupants in the room looked at Omi in shock and suspicion. The redhead then asked, "What do you mean by he knows us well enough to realize what we are doing? You do know you're supposed to keep Weiss a secret, don't you?"

When Omi didn't reply, Yohji asked "Chibi, you didn¡¯t tell your partner about your other identity right?" Ken and Aya stared at Omi as they waited impatiently for Omi to answer.

Omi then said softly, "No, Yohji-kun. I had no need to inform my partner of this, he was already well aware of it. I'm even surprised he didn't kill the teacher who just had to assign this stupid project to us, though I suspect he had the notion of doing it. Heck, even I wanted to slaughter the teacher on the spot when this project was being proposed."

Yohji and Ken shared a look of bewilderment while Aya asked Omi the question that the other two hadn't managed to realize. Aya Fujimiya narrowed his eyes at Omi as he asked, "Omi, do we know this partner of yours? Have we met this classmate of yours before during one of our night jobs?"

Omi gulped as his eyes met Aya's narrowed ones, and replied calmly "Yes, Aya-kun... we have indeed seen him during our missions before..."

"Who is this classmate of yours then?" Aya prompted.

Omi crossed his fingers behind while he prayed that he'd live through the night without his teammates murdering him as he said softly "Nagi, Nagi Naoe.."

Looking back up at his three teammates, he met each of them with a firm expression and replied clearly, "My partner for this project is Nagi Naoe. The resident telekinetic of Schwarz who had been seen trying to kill me by slamming me against the wall each time we crossed paths during our night mission in the past."

"Isn't he studying in a private school? What's he doing in your school? Is that another ploy of theirs?" Ken asked as his mind registered the term 'Schwarz'.

"Ken-kun, he transferred to my school today. No, this is not a ploy of theirs... Nagi transferred because things hadn't been going well with him in his previous school," Omi answered while leaving out their previous encounter in the public library and the fact that they'd been friends ever since then.

"Fine, I agree to this project of yours... provided that he stays here first. I need to observe him carefully before letting you out of my sight." Aya said firmly.

"Yes! Thank you, Aya-kun... I'll inform him tomorrow." Omi replied cheerfully as he headed into his room and settled himself comfortably in front of his laptop as he connected to the Internet.

~ To be continued~

Date completed: 22/04/05