Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Shifter's Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My chapters are not very long, but I'm going to give you two today so…. Anyway, I hope you like it and will review.
Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss Kreuz! I can't remember who does, but I know It's not me.
 
 
Ch. 1
 
“Guys! We have a mission! Get down here!” Omi yelled, trying to get everyone's attention. The shop had closed and Manx had come by saying that Persia had a mission for them. Now Manx was standing in the mission room waiting for them.
Slowly Ken ambled in, stretching before flopping onto the couch. Next was Aya who merely stood against a wall awaiting orders. Finally Yohji came into the room and sat on the other end of the couch.
The screen flicked on.
“Weiß. The mission I have for you will start in five hours. First you will be going to Paris to get Jean'marie Bordeaux, a Frenchman who is working for Estet on a project concerning the habits of a rare species that would be forced into circumstances that could bring about their extinction. Usually this wouldn't be on our top priority list; however, we have a member that is one of this species and they would be put in danger. Therefore, hunters of the night, deny this demon its tomorrow.”
With that the screen went blank and Manx started to hand out boxes to everyone.
“These will be your disguises for the evening. Omi, you and Yohji will be waiters at `Le Place de Soirée'; that is where Mr. Bordeaux will be meeting some other clients and friends. Estet members will be guarding him so you will have to be careful. Ken, you will be an elderly man that will escort Aya, hence the wig and facial hair. Aya, you will be distracting the members of Estet. It shouldn't be very hard to find out who they are. …You may need someone to help you put on your outfit. Everyone's things are packed; your plane leaves in an hour.”
Manx handed the plane tickets to Aya since Ken, Yohji, and Omi were looking at their outfits.
“These aren't half bad.” Yohji complimented.
“For you maybe. I'm gonna look like an oldfart.” Ken sighed miserably.
“It can't be that bad. Hey, Aya? What does your outfit look like?” Omi asked curiously.
Aya threw the box at Omi, not really caring what was in it but having the feeling that maybe it would have been best to have looked at it before throwing it.
Omi opened the box and gasped in surprise. Upon hearing that gasp both Ken and Yohji looked over at him and the box's contents. Upon seeing what was inside both fell into fits of laughter.
“Manx? Why is Aya going to wear a dress?” Omi, being the only one not in hysterics, asked.
“We felt it was time she get to be a normal girl and go to a party all dressed up. Besides, she hasn't been in that form in a while; she needs to be in her normal form every once-in-a-while.”
As Manx finished Aya was glaring daggers at her. It didn't seem to affect her like it should so Aya stopped and instead slightly pouted. Omi, Ken, and Yohji, on the other hand, were looking back and forth between Manx and Aya. Aya then glared at them, turned around, and went back upstairs, leaving the dress behind.
“So…Aya's a chick?” Ken asked, still baffled by this new revelation. Turning to Manx he looked at her for the answer.
“Yes; Aya is a girl. She has been all her life; she just hides behind a male's body so that no-one can harm her.”
“So that means Aya can change shape?” Omi asked, a bit intrigued by the thought of changing one's shape at will.
“Yes. Aya was a part of a shapeshifter clan that lived in the mountains. They were very secluded and would rarely go outside their village. But then the village was struck with a fire that burned the entire village to the ground. Aya's family survived, but barely. Now she is the only shifter of her kind left.”
Everyone had a solemn look on their face as they remembered the day the hospital called with the bad news. Aya-chan had died in the night; there had been nothing they could have done. Aya had been a mess for weeks…well, Aya never really got over it, but hadn't been in as bad of a depression as before.
“…Wait,” Yohji had just thought of something, “you mean to tell me I had a young woman living under this roof for years, right next to my room, and no-one told me?!? I could have gone on a date with someone that could have been anyone I wanted? Why didn't anyone tell me this before???”
“She probably wouldn't have gone out with you anyway. She's probably searching for Mr. Right.” She replied as if she were telling him the sky was blue, the grass was green, and they worked for Kritiker. “ Besides, since she is a submissive shifter her instincts will only let her relax around her mate. As for the dominant shifter, once he sees and recognizes his intended he will become highly possessive of them and aggressive to anyone trying to cause them harm. In fact there was once a case where-“
“Wait. You mean Aya has a mate already?” Ken asked.
“Yes; however, we do not know who he is. We believe that Aya may not even truly know. As a submissive she doesn't feel the connection until the dominant's scent has engulfed her.” Manx stated.
There was a pause.
“…Do you think we'll see Aya's mate on the mission?” Omi asked, realizing that if they did the whole mission could go wrong.
“I don't know Omi; I don't know. You must be careful to keep an eye out for him, though. You'll know it's him if he gets close to her and she starts acting a bit strange. Now! You need to leave or you'll miss your flight. Go find Aya and get to the airport.”
They all sighed but went up anyway. They found Aya reading at the table, presumably waiting for them. Aya glanced up, placed a bookmark between the pages, and got up. She then went outside and got in her car waiting for them to get in. They scrambled into the car and Aya drove them to the airport. The car was filled with a stifling silence all the way there, the boys not daring to question Aya just yet.
They finally reached the airport and boarded their plane.