Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Shifter's Love ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here is ch.2. I hope you enjoy! ^-^
Again, Disclaimer: it's the same.
 
 
Ch. 2
 
Once on the plane they found their seats. Aya sat by the window with Omi to her right. In front of them Yohji and Ken were arguing over who should have the window seat.
Aya sighed and looked out the window. She was to “distract” the members of Estet. `I really don't want to do that.'
The engine started and the plane was off.
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Yohji and Omi were serving drinks and snack-type foods to the crowd. Ken and Aya would be entering shortly.
As they went through the crowd, they caught sight of Bordeaux. He was off to the side flirting with all the women.
`None of them are very pretty, either.' Yohji sighed. He glanced around trying to find the Estet members.
Suddenly the doors opened and everything went silent. Standing in the doorway was a man that looked to be in his eighties with a beautiful young woman standing at his side. She had blood red hair and amethyst eyes that shown with intelligence. She wore a black sleeveless dress and a silver necklace.
Yohji blinked. `Wow…Aya's cute.'
Ken, as the gentleman he was, escorted Aya to the bottom of the steps and onto the main floor. Almost immediately Bordeaux walked up to them.
“Good evening mademoiselle.” He bent slightly, brought Aya's hand up, and placed a kiss on her knuckles. “It is a pleasure to meet you.”
`I feel ill.' Aya thought while smiling sweetly at him, trying not to wrench her hand away to disinfect it.
She replied softly, “The pleasure is mine, monsieur.” `Why did I leave my katana in my bag?'
`Worry not Katzchan, I shall help you.'
Aya stiffened. `What are you doing here Mastermind?'
`I'm hurt. I was merely “protecting” my charge and realized you were in need of protection from him instead of the other way around.'
Aya glanced around. Yohji and Omi were on the other side of the room and Ken had left to mingle. `Why should I trust you?'
Aya heard a sigh through her mind. `Just follow my lead, Katzchan, and everything will be fine.'
`What do you mean by tha-`
“Why hello Kitten. I see you have met Monsieur Bordeaux. I hope he isn't giving you any trouble.” Schuldich drawled as he wrapped his arms around Aya and placed his chin on her shoulder. He gave Bordeaux a warning glare and tightened his hold a bit.
`What are you doing?!'
`If we make it seem like you aren't available, he'll leave you alone.' Schuldich reasoned gently.
Aya was about to argue when a scent reached her, making her body start to relax. ` Why do I feel relaxed now of all times? I'm in the arms of the enemy! …But… I just feel so nice right now. I feel warm …and…safe.'
Schuldich grinned at hearing what the other shifter was thinking. Her scent was changing the more she relaxed; it was getting sweeter. She started to lean into his embrace, unable to fight the scent.
Aya looked at Schuldich and smiled. He smiled back and gave her a kiss on the temple.
“Umm… I'll just, uh, leave you two alone then.” Bordeaux said flustered slightly by the sight.
`See? Didn't I tell you he'd leave as soon as he realized you weren't available?'
`I guess you did…but now how am I supposed to finish the mission with you not letting me go!?'
`Ah! But you are doing your part. You were to distract those of Schwarz, right? Well, you're definitely distracting me' Schuldich said, practically purring the last part.
Aya blushed furiously. `Don't say things like that!'
`But you look so cute when you blush.' Schuldich semi-whined as he started to place kisses along Aya's neck.
Aya's blush grew making him smirk. His kitten's scent was changing again; she was starting to shift.
“Why don't we go outside for a while? Changing your form in the middle of all the guests wouldn't be a very good idea.” Schuldich whispered into her ear while leading her to the doors that went out into a garden. Aya followed without arguing. She was starting to get very hot and the temperature outside was mildly cold since it was autumn.
Once they reached the garden she sat down on a stone bench that was next to the path. She was panting slightly; it seemed to be hotter outside than it was inside. She glanced around at all the flowers trying, in vain, to distract her mind from the onslaught of heat. She couldn't understand what was happening to her. `Why am I so hot all of the sudden?'
`That's easy Katzchan; you're starting to go into heat. All submissive shifters go into it once they have met their mate and their mate has recognized them as what they are.' Schuldich explained to the confused changeling. He placed his hands on Aya's bare shoulders and heard Aya sigh in relief. She leaned into the touch until she realized what was happening.
`Ahh! I can't do this! I have to get back in there and finish the mission! But… I can't seem to will my body to move. My head keeps saying to move, but…I can't. I just feel better when he's touching me; this annoying heat leaves from wherever his hands are.'
`You can't fight it Aya; your instincts are taking over your mind not your logic.'
Aya made a small whining sound and Schuldich was immediately behind her in a slightly different shape; he now had deep green feathered wings that encompassed Aya in their folds. She sighed in relief and closed her eyes as the heat vanished. Then she felt her own form start to change. She opened her eyes and saw that smaller feathered wings in a dark red sprouted from her own back and mingled with Schuldich's feathers. He smiled down at her as she tried to figure out what had happened to trigger such wings.
`Your instincts merely wanted you to become the same as your mate. They're very cute on you, by the way.'
Aya nodded slightly as Schuldich's scent made her feel drowsy and want to sleep.
Schuldich laughed quietly when he caught the last thought. `If you want to sleep, you may. I will watch after you so you need not worry.'
Before he had finished Aya was asleep. His scent had made her so relaxed that her mind didn't register anything outside of the embrace she was in.
Schuldich looked down at the sleeping shifter. `You must truly be my mate if you would so easily sleep in what was once you enemy's arms. But fear not; I shall never make an enemy of myself to you again.'
With that he linked to Crawford.
`Do you have her?'
`Yes, Patres. I have her.'
`Be ready to leave shortly then. The other members of Weiß will be finishing the mission shortly and we will need to give the Katzchan back to them for the time being.'
Schuldich sighed. He didn't want to let his newly discovered mate out of his reach but knew that it had to be done. She was still trying to fight her instincts to become his mate; but, if he was able to “woo” her…
Schuldich grinned. `We'll be ready, don't worry.'