Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Yohji's Bad Day ❯ Mr. Green-hair ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Ken is following me out into the middle of the crowd. There's some generic techno-type music blaring. Which is good. Cause if the music had been any slower my suggestion might have given Ken the wrong idea about me. I just wanted to ease the tension, that's all. My intentions were one hundred percent innocent.

Yohji Kudoh, one hundred percent innocent?

That can't be right.

Ok, so maybe more like Seventy percent innocent.

Still, it's all for Ken's own good. I want to help him. Really.
This has nothing to do with me. Nope, not a thing.

Ken laughs a bit nervously and rubs the back of his head. "So, I'm afraid I sort of suck at dancing."

"That's ok, just do whatever. No one's paying attention to us."

To tell the truth, I'm not the world's greatest dancer either. I come to these sorts of places to drink, not dance. And score chicks too, of course. It's been a while since I got any though. I've been falling a bit out of it lately. Must be all the missions….

We're just jumping around and I'm finally starting to relax a bit and have fun. I love the way you can be entirely surrounded by people, yet know that no one is noticing you.

At least, no one is watching me.

If there are any stares, Ken is on the receiving end of them, because damn he looks hot. I can tell that more than a few people are jealous of me right now. Ha, if they only knew, I'm totally wasted on him. Sometimes it seems a shame that I'm so straight.

But my feeling of anonymity quickly disappears as I am startled by the sensation of Ken crushing against me.

Woah! Slow down boy! The music hasn't even turned slow yet. Is he hitting on me? Damn, I wish I knew what's going through his head right now!

"Hey, no need to rush things, Kenken! If you want a kiss, I at least expect some dinner--"

He's thrown his arms around my neck and has his head right up against my ear! What is he up to?!! My chest is feeling all tight for some reason, this is really….

"Your left!"

"Huh?" Now that was hardly romantic. What the hell did he mean by that?

"Suspect!" He whispers, "He's behind you to your left!"

Oh, crap. Ken's still worrying about the stupid 'mission.' Me and my big fucking mouth. And here I thought we were having a 'moment,' too.

"A man with green hair just came in through the front! He's heading towards the bar!"

"Is he tall?" I ask, obviously hoping he isn't.

"Yes!"

Shit. This is not a good development! What the fuck do I do now?!

"I don't think it's him."

"What?!" Ken cries in disbelief, "You haven't even looked at him!"

"I just have a feeling." I reply lamely, "Detective's instinct."

"What load of crap is that? We have to check him out!"

"Why don't you check me out?"

Shit!!! I swear I was not planning on saying that! Why DID I say that?! It must be the alcohol talking….

"Stop joking around, Yohji! We're on a mission for christsake!"

"Yeah, yeah, the mission." I mutter to myself. "Fuck the mission." Is added under my breath.

"You know what we have to do." Ken whispers, his head still leaning on my shoulder (but with the mood quite dead now.)

"No, what?" I don't feel like dealing with this….

"Check for the tattoo!"

"But it's on his back," I whine, "we can't see…."

"Exactly! One of us needs to get him to take his shirt off! That's the only way we can be sure if he's the target!"

Fuuuuuck. I want to go home. I do not like where this is going.

"So, can you do it?" Ken asks.

"Say what?!"

"Could you go hit on him? You're a lot better at that sort of thing than I am. I'd probably screw up before--"

"No way!" I interrupt, "Why do I always get labeled as Weiß's slut?! I'm sick of being the one to always do the missions like that!"

Ken sighs. "You're right."

"What?"

"You're right." Ken repeats. "You do get stuck with an unfair amount of missions like this. I wasn't thinking about your feelings."

He's not even going to argue with me? He's too good to be true.

"I'll be back in a few minutes."

"What? Where are you going?" I cry.

"To check for the tattoo."

"No way! I'm not letting you do that!"

"But you said you didn't want to, and-"

"Well, I don't!"

"One of us has to do it!" Ken insists, "Don't worry Yohji, I can handle-"

I grab hold of his arm very tightly. "You are NOT going over there!"

If there is one thing I want to do less than hit on a strange man, it's to watch Ken do it. The mere thought makes me cringe. I storm off towards the bar before Ken gets a chance to argue further.

What have I gotten myself into? I swear, the things I'll do for l-er, friendship.

I saunter up towards the green-haired 'suspect.' And what a piece of work he is. Completely decked out in bondage gear. Ugh, I feel sick.

I glance back towards Ken praying that he isn't watching me. If he's not paying attention I can just pretend that I looked for the tattoo, and tell him it wasn't there. But no. Ken is too good of a teammate for that. He's watching me with undivided attention, in case I get attacked and need backup or something.

Crap. Looks like I'm in this for the long haul.

"Hey there."

Mr. Green-hair turns around and glares at me. I guess he's not an overly social guy.

"This is gonna sound weird, but I need to ask you to do me a big favor…."

His eyes narrow, intensifying the already lethal glare.

"My Ex is watching see, and I want to make him jealous…could you pretend I'm hitting on you, and uh, take off your shirt? I'll pay you…."

Um, is that a lust for blood I see glinting in his eyes? I sure know how to pick them…

"Bitch, that is the worst pick-up line I've ever heard. I'll do your Ex a favor, and show him this."

I open my mouth to assure him that it's not necessary, but his fist catches me in the jaw before the words make it out.

With God as my witness, I will never lie to Ken again.