Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Yohji's Bad Day ❯ You Found It! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


That's funny. I don't remember Ken having a twin brother.

I don't remember having two left hands either….

Oooh. That's right. I just got punched in the face.

Uggh.

My double vision slowly starts to slide back into place.

Ken is leaning over me and looking extremely upset.

"Oh Yohji! I'm so sorry!!! I should have listened to you!"

"Huh?" What's he babbling about? He sounds almost as delirious as me.

"You were right!" He clarifies, "It wasn't him."

"Oh? How did you figure that out?"

"I knocked him out and checked."

I look to the side and am met with a view of one very unconscious Mr. Green-hair. He's covered in some extremely nasty looking bruises and his nose is bent at a funny angle. Ouch. Better him than me.

"Uh Ken, I kinda doubt it took all that just to knock him out."

Ken looks at me a little sheepishly.

"I uh….sorta lost my temper when he punched you, heh."

Aw. He cares, he really does.

"Well, our cover is pretty much blown for the night. Why don't we go home and try this again another time?" Yeah right. Like hell I'm coming here again….

Ken agrees with me immediately. "Yeah. I think you ought to rest after that."

"He didn't get me that bad. But I would like to get out of here."

Despite my protests that I felt fine, Ken insists on helping me out to the car. He seems unusually worried about me. I wonder how long I was out for?

I reach into my pocket and make the unwelcome discovery that it is empty. Crap! Where are my car keys?
I turn around to break the news to Ken but catch sight of them dangling off his finger. How did he get them? Ken looks a bit smug. I reach out for them and he quickly jerks his hand away.

He just points and says, "Uh-uh. Passenger seat."

"No way! Give me back my keys! How'd you get them in the first place, anyway?"

"I took them when you were unconscious."

"What?! No fair! No one touches my car but me!!"

"Yohji, you had six drinks and then got punched in the face." Ken states firmly, "There is no way in hell I'm letting you get behind the wheel."

I stubbornly take another pitiful swipe at the keys. He's got a point, but I have this issue with my ego…. "I'm fine! I can't even feel the alcohol!"

Ken holds the keys over his head in a threatening gesture. "I'm not joking Yohji, either you let me drive or I'm throwing the keys and we both walk."

I can tell he means it too. It's a very serious threat because he knows how I feel about my car….

"Damn you. Fine, drive."

I try to give him a menacing glare but I'm too tired and confused now to pull it off. If it had been anyone other than Ken making that threat I probably would have beaten them up.

We drive home in silence, but I catch Ken checking on me several times. It seems like something's on his mind. But the ride back seems to go much faster than before, and we arrive at the shop before I get around to asking what's bothering him. Neither of us expect what we find when we get there.

Omi, Aya, and (oh, god no,) Manx are sitting at the table obviously waiting for Ken and I to return. Omi looks concerned, but Aya and Manx look unpleasantly pissed. Aya's scowl deepens as he surveys what we're wearing.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Aya demands, "Manx has been waiting for 3 hours!"

Ken is looking really confused right now. "But the mission…we were…."

"Mission? What mission?!" Aya bellows, "Manx has been waiting for hours so she can give us a mission! And you've been gone that whole time!"

"But Yohji told me…."

Now everyone has turned and is staring at me. I'd like to learn how to disappear right about now….

"Excuse us, but I think I need to have a word with Yohji."

Ken looks upset. He grabs my arm and starts to drag me upstairs. I really have a talent for screwing things up, don't I?

"You LIED to me?!!"

Ken looks hurt. Shit, this was not my intended outcome of the evening.

"Well, not exactly, stretched the truth a little maybe…."

"Just what is wrong with you anyway?!" He continues before I can finish with my excuse, "You've been acting really weird lately, Yohji. You're starting to freak me out. What the hell is going on?!!!"

"I can ask you the same question!" I reply, a little meaner than intended.

"What are you talking about?!"

"Hiding something is only another form of lying, Kenken."

"What?!" Ken hollers, "I have no idea what you're talking about!"

"I'll show you what I'm talking about!" I drag him into my room and pull the evidence out of my dresser. "THIS is what I'm talking about!" I thrust the magazine at him and wait expectantly.

His reaction is not what I'd had in mind though. The look of anger promptly drops off his face, and he grabs the magazine out of my hand.

"YOU FOUND IT!"

Um, why doesn't he look embarrassed?

"Aw man, I thought Omi was going to kill me! I'm so glad it turned up!"

Wait…did he just say Omi?! Does….not….compute….

"Omi? Are you saying that belongs to Omi?!! What were you doing with it?!"

"He had to have some friends come over to work on a school project." Ken explains, "He didn't want them laying around so he asked me to hide them."

"So if it's not yours, than that means you aren't…."

"What are you talking about Yohji?" Why is he looking so goddamn innocent all of the sudden?!

Oooooh. My head hurts.

"Yohji? Are you ok? You're starting to look ill."

Oh, now that's surprising news.

"I'm just having a lousy day…I need to lie down. Could you fill me in on the mission later?"

Ken has gone back to looking worried. "Are you sure? You really don't look so good. Do you want me to get you anything?"

"No. I just want to go to bed." I say. "Just fill in for me at the briefing, ok?"

Ken frowns. "Ok, I can do that. But let me know if you need something, alright?"

"Yes, but just quiet's good…ugh, my head is throbbing."

Ken gives me a last worried glance and then silently shuts the door. I lock it before diving into the sanctuary of my bed.

Another minute out there and I would be in serious danger of losing my sanity.

I really ought to stop getting up in the mornings.


-The End!- (sorta)