Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Love ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Universal Disclaimer: I do not own Witch Hunter Robin. Arigatou.

Blind Love

Chapter 1- Secrets

By Miyu

She stumbled about trying to find her way up the stairs and to headquarters. She couldn't see…and she hadn't told anyone. The incident caused her her sight, and not even Amon knew, for which she felt guilty. She never meant to keep anything from him but she knew he counted on her and she hadn't the guts to tell him. She didn't even know if he truly had feelings for her at all.

'Even if he doesn't return the feeling…I'll love him anyway. Even if he doesn't accept me after he finds out.'

Upon reaching the door Robin thought a second before touching the handle. What if she lost her job for it? She was almost utterly worthless without her sight. How could she ever hope to be able to use her powers again if she couldn't even see what she was aiming at? Robin sighed dejectedly and almost walked away.

"I can't do it. I just can't…"

"Robin?"

"Doujima?"

"Yeah…what are you doing here so early?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Robin laughed though it was obviously forced as Doujima stared at her.

"I would tell you why I'm here early…but for some reason that doesn't seem as important right now. Something's wrong…isn't it?"

"N-no. What makes you t-think--"

"Robin."

Robin sighed and sat down on the steps, wrapping her arms around her knees and pulling them against her chest. Doujima sat down beside her and waited for her to say something.

"Robin…does this have anything to do with Amon by any chance?"

"Not particularly."

"What's up then?"

Robin turned her head in Doujima's direction and for the first time Doujima saw nothing in the young 15 year old's eyes. Normally she was either really pensive or depressed and the other half of the time she was on the happy side, keeping peoples spirits up even while in her 'detective mode.' But Doujima saw nothing but blankness.

"Robin, your eyes…"

Robin fought back tears.

'Why me God? Why me?'

"What happened? It's from the battle isn't it? I wasn't there like I should have been…if I was I would have known and probably stopped by and--"

"No…I wouldn't want to put you through all that trouble."

"It's not trouble at all. Besides, it's not like I do anything else around here. But Robin…what exactly happened?"

***

The room was shrouded in darkness, a feeling Robin was all too familiar with. Her powers were useless in this kind of black so naturally she had a flashlight with her. She turned it on quickly and shone it around the room, the rays lighting up a portion of the room at a time. A desk was visible, then a piano, then a coffee table. Nothing seemed the least bit suspicious, but then, that's how many mysteries are. Robin sighed to herself and turned to face Amon who had volunteered to go with her.


"Nothing, I suppose we really don't have a chance of finding anything until we can light this room up properly. There might be clues elsewhere that we just aren't finding with this flashlight."

Amon nodded as Robin walked out of the room and he followed close behind her. Slowly they walked down the dimly lit hallway, an eerie feeling in both of their guts.

"Something feels wrong…" Robin warned, unconsciously moving closer to Amon who took no notice of it.

"Hai. Very wrong. But like you said we really can't do anything in this kind of dark. Stay close to me though. We needn't loose you because then we would have to get yet another new replacement."

Robin nodded and blushed only slightly.

'Is it just me or is he being more protective than usual?'

A blinding flash of light appeared and nearly knocked the two off their feet as they flew backwards, Robin landing on Amon's chest with a thud.

"Robin. Are you alright?"

"Y-yes…"

But in all honesty she wasn't so sure. She couldn't see anything and wondered if it was the same with Amon. He seemed unaffected, probably due to the dark sunglasses he often wore perched on his nose as an extra precaution. Robin rubbed her eyes and still saw nothing. She couldn't even see her own fingers that she held directly in front of her nose. Amon was ahead of her now and finally they managed to find her way out of the apartment alright with only a bit of stumbling on Robin's part. Amon never knew. He had told Robin he would report back and that she was free to go home since her own apartment was right down the road. She had to find her own way now.

The next day she had told her friend she needed to go to the doctor, never telling her why.

"Just because." She said.

There was no fighting as Robin was driven to the doctor. Not a word was spoken until Robin climbed out of the car.

"Would you be willing to pick me up around 12 when my appointment is over?"

"Well alright. I'll see you then Robin."

"Arigatou."

The car sped off as Robin was once again left to find her own way up the stairs. They were steep she knew after climbing only a few of them. She had almost fallen twice as she finally reached the top, letting go of the bar and pushing the door open. A doctor met her there after telling them she would be needing assistance on the way to the ophthalmologist.

***

~*~*~ Well guys, this is my first Witch Hunter Robin story and I hope it's at least satisfactory. I've only seen the first 4 episodes so naturally you guys will have to wait for further installments until I can see some more of the series and get to better understand it. If there is some flaw in this story (for those of you that have seen more of the series) then please alert me of it either through email or through a review and I'll change it. I really have no idea but I love the series and I can already see a strong relationship building between Amon and Robin despite the age difference. Reviews would be greatly appreciated. Arigatou minna-san!~*~*~ Miyu