Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Love ❯ Despair ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blind Love

Chapter 2- Despair

By Miyu

A/N: Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to mention it last chapter but this is a sort of "What if?" story. Meaning, some things from the show may not have happened or will happen. Such as, Toko getting shot. She hasn't. This takes place before all that stuff, making it a "What if?" story. I've seen more than half of the series now so I figured I should tell you that. When I wrote it, even I didn't know where it was going but I do now. Enjoy! ^_^

***

"So could you explain to me exactly how this happened?"

"I'm sorry but I can't. It's confidential and against STNJ rules for me to tell you."

"STNJ?"

"Hai."

"Well I can't very well examine you properly without having at least a vague idea of what happened. Was it something you got in your eyes or a bright light or what?"

"A bright light."

"Oh…I see…"

He sat her down on a swivel chair and pushed her up to a headgear that he put over her eyes. After putting up an image with many lines of letters the doctor began the eye examination.

"Can you read me line B?"

"No."

"How about line A?"

"I can't see anything."

The doctor sighed and took the headgear away, shining a flashlight directly in Robin's eyes. She didn't flinch or even squint her eyes.

"And you don't see any light right now do you…?"

"No."

The doctor set down the flashlight and got out his prescription forms and a pen, scribbling some notes down and handing the note to her. Take this down to the front and they'll give you what you need. I'm not 100% sure that the medication will change anything and at this late date there's probably only a 2/10 chance that you'll be able to see again.

Robin nodded slowly, as if she had known it all along. She had been prepared for the worst. Prepared for the verdict, as if in a court where her own life was at stake.

It might as well be.

"Arigatou doctor." Robin said kindly as he led her to the door and she felt someone else take her arm and lead her to the elevator.

She hated feeling helpless. She hated needing help all the time, and this was only the beginning. What would the STNJ think? What would…Amon think? Would he think her unworthy of being a hunter? And if he did…he would have reason right? What good is a hunter that can no longer use her powers to benefit the group? What good is a hunter that can only sit and listen to the commotion and not help in the least bit? What good is a hunter that can't look for evidence or tell one person apart from another unless by voice?

'What good am I?'

"Here we are." Robin heard the voice beside her say as she reached out to feel the counter.

After a couple of minutes she was handed her medicine and told to take it three times a day; once in the morning, once around lunch, and one before bed. Robin nodded as she was once again pulled away and led to a bench where she would wait for her ride.

'I can't even read my watch…'

"Robin?"

"Toko?"

"Hai."

Toko took notice that Robin didn't even look at her as she spoke. She didn't even seem to be able to tell where the voice was coming from.

"Robin…are you alright?"

"Take me home please. I'll explain it on the way there."

Toko nodded and took Robin's arm, helping her up off the bench and out to the car.

***

"So…you're blind?"

Robin seemed to be fighting back tears as she bit her lip. The car stopped at the apartment and Toko got out, running to the other side of the car to help Robin. Once Robin got out she hesitated then threw her arms around Toko and began crying.

"Shhh…it's alright."

Her heart was heavy. Not because she was thinking about never being able to see again. Or even because she might loose her job. No, because she was afraid of loosing the one person she loved most.

'Amon…'

Toko was sympathetic and stroked Robin's silky hair, allowing her to cry all she wanted. She had reason to…right?

'Why Robin?' Toko thought, seemingly asking God.

"Amon…" Robin whispered.

Toko's eyes widened at the sound of the name.

"You're worried about him…aren't you…?"

Toko sighed.

"I know Amon…and he would never just give up something…or someone he loves just because they have a disability."

'Disability…'

The word struck like daggers at Robin's heart.

'I'm…disabled…'

"Come on Robin…let's get inside."

***

"Are you sure you don't want something to eat?"

"I'm fine."

Toko sighed to herself and finished putting away the food and clean dishes. If Robin stopped eating all together she wasn't sure what she should do. But she had one thing in mind. Only one thing…one person…might be able to cheer up Robin. And that was Amon.

~*~*~ I'm sorry this chappie was so short. Really sorry but I've been so busy with school and drama (having to stay till 6 EVERY school day and having practice on vacations too) to work on it much. I hope you guys'll forgive me. I'll try to make them longer in the future. Oh, and thank you guys SOOOO much for showing so much interest in my story. I'm so surprised! I did NOT expect to get so many reviews on the first chapter. You guys totally blew me away. After all, this is my first Witch Hunter Robin story. Well, arigatou again! ~*~*~ Miyu