Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ False Echoes ❯ Michael's Musings ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Witch Hunter Robin
False Echoes

Chapter III -
Michael's Musings



Rated
: PG-13 for Violence, Profanity, and Mature Content

Summary
: Romantic Getaways, Christmas, Flirting Fun, Sakaki's Dad, Heart filled moments, Jack the Ripper, odd dates, tons of romance, surprises and thrills, and did I mention it's the sequel to Fire and Rain? RobixMike, DojixSaki, and MihoxAmon!

Disclaimer
: You know by now I don't own Witch Hunter Robin® which belongs to Sunrise® and Sci-Fi® Channel. If I owned the show Robin would have vanished with Michael at the end.

Nor do I own the song False Echoes; I just borrowed its title.

Storyline, Plot, Kenny Avery© and, David Rica©

Ask permission before you use them.

Or I kill you. ^.^


Author Notes
:

Wow.

I can't say it enough, you readers are great.

35 people think I'm good enough to put me on their favorites list.

And I've already gotten 33 reviews on two chapters.

Damn. I love you readers.

Although I wish you'd realize I'm a male . . .

Well, here's chapter three. Gomen nasai that it's still slow paced.

But by chapter four we'll have some good ol' action.

----

Michael woke up with a sleepy yawn and rubbed his blue eyes lightly as he gave a grunt.

He sighed and threw the old blanket off his body as he stood up and stretched. He had never been a morning person. Michael spent all his days staying up till three am working on reports for Chief Kosaka. He was a night owl. He could stay up all night long and then wake up ready to go after only a few hours of sleep.

The orange-haired hacker gave a sleepy sigh as he looked around the room. He wanted to see Robin, but she wasn't here. The memories of the dream last night were still fresh in his mind. Both dreams, really, but he was so obsessed with the horror of the first one that he had almost forgotten the second one . . .

With a sigh he saw no sign of her. Touko had probably already gone to work by now, and he wondered where Robin would be. He looked down the hall towards her bedroom door and he wondered for a second if it would be okay to go knock on it. He had no idea how late she usually slept.

With a shrug he decided to find out, pulling himself up to his full height he walked down the hallway, his eyes going to look at the pictures Touko had decorated her wall with. His eyes passed over the open bathroom door as he walked and he saw Robin sitting in the bathtub, a bucket of soapy water next to her and a sponge in her hands as she tried to clean the tile walls of the shower.

She was wearing the same black, nun-like dress she wore as regular clothing and Michael wondered if she had more than one of them. But the bottom of the dress was pulled up over her legs and tied so that she wouldn't get it all wet or dirty from the shower bottom. Her hair was pulled back into a bun and tied with the two purple ribbons that usual kept it at her sides.


"The shower works better when you turn it on." Michael mused.


Robin laughed but didn't turn around. "I'm cleaning."

"I see that." He said as he crossed into the bathroom and took a seat on the toilet lid, looking over at her. "But it doesn't need to be clean. This is probably the cleanest bathroom I've ever seen."

Robin shook her head and smiled. "I know, but it's a habit. In the Covent these were my chores." She smiled and turned her head to look at him, but suddenly her smile died as her emerald eyes fell on the equally emerald numbers on the digital clock on the wall behind Michael.

"I'm late." Robin frowned. Michael blinked.


"Late for what?"

"Church." She said with a pout as she stood up and peeled off the rubber gloves she was wearing over her petite hands.

"Can I come with you?" Michael asked eagerly. Since being released from Raven's Flat he hadn't seen much more than the dinner he and Robin had eaten at Harry's the night before, and her apartment, which he had been in once before when he was taking care of her after Nobunaga had tricked Sakaki into shooting her.

"Of course you can." Robin said as she untied the knot she'd made in her dress and let the length of black material slip down around her ankles once more. Michael smiled at her as he stood up and walked over closer to her. She was untying her hair from behind her head so she could retie it on her sides.


Michael slipped his hands around her waist and leaned in to kiss her cheek softly. He had been meaning to thank her for calming him down the previous night but the words didn't need to be said. She smiled and kissed him back as she tied one of her pigtails out to the right.

Michael sighed happily. He had a feeling the next eleven days were going to be wonderful.

If only he knew how wrong he was.

----

"Vodka martini, and shake it, don't stir it, won't you puppy?"

David Rica thanked the airline steward kindly as she took his drink order and then turned to Kenny Avery next to him to ask what he wanted.


"Scotch. On the rocks."

Rica gave a small chuckle as the woman bowed her head politely and walked down the hall to take a dozen more drinks orders before she'd finally bring there's back to them. Rica didn't really care. SOLOMON hadn't given him enough of a budget for a first class trip, even if what he was doing was an order straight from the highest sources of the Witch Hunting organization.

Kenny was fidgeting nervously and running one of his hands through his sleek blonde hair. Rica sighed and looked down the hallway to where the stewardess was taking more orders. Maybe he should have taken first class after all, gotten better service.

"So what's the job?" Kenny asked suddenly, turning his head away from the window and towards Rica.

"I'll tell you when we're on the airplane." Rica replied from his smug lips.

"We are on the airplane." Kenny said shortly, narrowing his eyes.

"The airplane to Japan." Rica smiled sarcastically. "And don't you know it's rude to narrow your eyes when some people are deprived of that function."

Kenny cursed and pounded his fist on his in-flight tray. "You keep saying shit like that Rica. I'm not one of you poet sons-of-bitches, what is that supposed to mean? What does not having eyes mean?"

Rica laughed and reached up, placing a pale finger on his sunglasses. "It means what it sounds like."

David lifted off his glasses and Kenny screamed very loudly at what he saw. His blue eyes stared directly into two, rotten, corpse-like sockets where eyes had once been.

"What, what the hell are you?" Kenny choked out as his hand went for the gun at his belt. Of course as a police officer he could bring it with him on the plane to London, especially after Rica identified himself as a SOLOMON agent.

"Not sure." Rica said. "I wonder where our drinks are."

"What the fuck do you mean not sure?"

"You know puppy, you must have been licking your ass for a long time to get such a potty mouth."

"You have three seconds before I shoot you." Kenny explained heatedly.


"It won't do anything if you do. Believe me; I've been shot many times before. And what I mean by not sure is I do not know what I am. I used to be a Witch, and then I was a zombie for a while, now I'm something else."

Kenny didn't look convinced at the least.

"So how's Kim? Your pretty little wife? Think she knows about those hookers when you went on vacation in Vegas?"

Kenny sighed. "Where are our drinks?"

Rica laughed.

----

Doujima sat on the edge of a small pond in the park, trying her best to skip stones across the glassy surface.

The blonde was shaken by what she had heard the night before. The story of Sakaki's past was an incredibly sad and horrible one and she hated it. She hated thinking that Haruto had to endure all of that. Most of all she hated how sad he had looked.

She had really fallen for him, and fallen hard. Doujima didn't quite know why. She had started flirting with Sakaki out of boredom, but after everything that had happened to them during their struggle with David Rica, and everything ever since, she had truly fallen for him.

She loved him.

"Hey."

Doujima was so surprised by Sakaki's voice from behind her that she bolted up too fast and almost fell into the pond, but he reached out and caught her arm, keeping her from falling the entire way.

When he had successfully pulled her back up she looked into his eyes and to her surprised there wasn't even a trace of the horror she had seen only a few hours ago as he lay in bed, telling his tale. She was confused by this, and he noticed that and shook his head.

"Just forget last night Yurika."

Doujima wanted to do just the opposite, but as he shook his head she could see that the sadness was not gone, it had only been buried deeper inside so that she could not see it. She sighed and agreed, by leaning in and kissing him softly.

They broke the kiss and stood, goggling at each other for a minute before the growling of Sakaki's stomach broke the romantic silence and he sweat-dropped.

"Let's go to Harry's." Doujima suggested with a sly smile.


"Right you are." Sakaki grinned back but suddenly as he did his grin vanished. His eyes were shooting over Doujima's shoulder to where a man stood, leaning against a tree. He wore an over-large brown coat and a scarf that concealed the bottom portion of his face. His sunglasses covered what was left, and he wore thick fedora hat like the kind in gagster movies.


"Hey! Buddy, why don't you mind your own business?" Sakaki called over angrily.

"Oh ignore him Haruto-kun, he's bigger than you."

Sakaki ignored Doujima and walked towards the man. Indeed he was bigger than Sakaki; he was built like a football player, tall, lean and big as a hippopotamus. The man didn't acknowledge Sakaki in the least as he walked over.

"Hey, I said stop staring at us. What's your problem?" Sakaki said his voice full of anger. He was only feet from the man now.

"I'm sorry." The man said quietly, but his voice had no sign of remorse in it. "I just wanted to be sure it was you."

Sakaki narrowed his eyes, anger still pulsing through his entire body. He didn't know why he was so angry; it was the combination of this being the day after his mother was killed, and the fact this pervert found it interesting to watch him and Doujima kiss.

"What do you mean?" Sakaki asked, but it was more a demand than a question.

The man said nothing; he only turned around and began to walk away slowly. Sakaki cursed at him and told him to get back over there, but the man ignored him completely.

Beneath his scarf the man smiled. He had found Haruto. Just like Zaizen had promised him when he agreed to take this job.

The man smiled widely.

----

"I love this park."

Robin and Michael had just gotten out of church and now they were strolling down the pathways of the park that sat between her apartment building and the church she prayed at. Of course she loved this park for many reasons, but mostly because of the memories it held.


Michael knew those memories. They were walking down the very dirt path where they had met one another after Michael had been shot. It was here that they saw each other for the first time after they realized they loved one another.


This park held so many memories for the young lovers. From the rich, tan soil beneath their feet to the vast green-leafed trees that surrounded them on all sides, they loved this park so much it was hard to expresses with words. They loved this park because it reminded them of each other.

"We should do something special." Robin said suddenly as they continued to walk along in silence. Her hand was clasped around Michael's and her head was leaning into his shoulder peacefully.

"Yeah. We should." Michael agreed as he gave her hand a little squeeze. An idea had come to his mind, but he was unsure if she'd enjoy it or not. "Hey Robin?"

"Yes?"

"I have wanted to go to this museum downtown. My mother's artwork is hanging there. I've always wanted to see it."

Robin stopped and stared up at him. "You're mother was an artist?"

Robin's emerald eyes meet his sky blue ones and he smiled at her. "Yeah. She moved here from England after her father died. She painted for a while. That's how she met my father. He was the security guard at the museum, before he became a cop."

Robin had never heard Michael speak about his parents before. She knew they were both dead now, but he had said no more than that. Robin sighed and gave his hand another squeeze.

"Of course we can go Michael."

Michael smiled and kissed the top of her head. "Thanks."

----

The large black Factory van sped down the path towards the abandon warehouse.


There was still always an abandon warehouse.

The Factory van stopped right outside and the door on the side burst open, outside came at least twenty men in black suits, carrying Orbo Guns. Of course there was no real problem with the Orbo. Zaizen's scientist had fixed the Orbo in mere hours. The real reason he had closed the STN-J for twelve days was to test his new idea.


Using Humans, instead of Seeds, for Witch Hunting.

The squad of Factory agents ran up towards the door, and one of the men in the black body armor suits placed a small C4 explosive on the door. A moment later the team moved backwards in such a highly trained fashion the American Navy Seals would have been proud.

The door was blown open with a flash of fire and a loud bang and the team shot inside quickly. Down past the many stacked crates and pillars, past the boxes and conveyer-belts. Down towards the office where Ko Matsudo sat at an old desk.


The door to the office was kicked in and several Orbo bullets were fired at an incredible speed. The Witch didn't even have time to use his craft before he fell slumped over on the table.

Zaizen smiled back at the Factory. Everything was going according to plan.

----

The sun had fallen from the sky.

Sakaki and Doujima were sitting at a booth near the window of Harry's. They had been there all day long, but as they had nothing else to do they decided to stay.

Since the park their day had been fun. They had eaten lunch at the bar while chatting with Yuji Kobari for a while, and then they had moved over to the booth nearest the window and flirted with one another for a while, playing footsie under the table and laughing at each other's jokes.

Now however it was getting dark and they were finishing their dinner. They had already decided to go catch a movie when they got done eating. Doujima smiled over at him and he returned the grin happily.

"So what movie do you want to see?" Doujima asked as she reached down into her purse and began to dig around for something.

"Ah, damn." Sakaki cursed quietly.

"What?" Doujima asked, looking up.

"Well, if you actual care what movie it is that means we won't be making out." Sakaki grinned at her, and she laughed.

"Aww, we can still make out, just only during the boring parts."

Doujima smiled up at him with the sly smile he had become quite used to. He was about to say something when his eyes traveled from her pretty face to out the window where his bike was parked. His eyes widened and he couldn't believe it.

"What the . . . for real?"

Doujima blinked. "What?"

Sakaki however was already standing up and walking towards the door. Doujima was confused until she looked out the window. There was the man from the park. The man in the oversized brown coat, with the scarf, sunglasses and hat. Doujima groaned and quickly followed Sakaki.


"Hey, you again. Didn't I tell you before?"

The man was fingering Sakaki's bike seat gently and he seamed amused by Sakaki's anger. "You have your mother's eyes. I hate those eyes."

Sakaki froze dead in his tracks. A second later he had pulled his gun from beneath his jacket. Of course Zaizen had made them all leave their Orbo guns at the office, but Sakaki had his own. "Don't you dare talk about my mother!"

"Haruto! Don't shoot the man!" Doujima said angrily as she grabbed his arm.

"She's cute." The man said as he reached into his pocket and pulled something out. "You gonna give me one of these too?"

Sakaki heart suddenly fell.

The man opened his hand, revealing a silver chain wrapped around his middle finger. On the end of the chain was a small, golden flower with a fake diamond in the center. It was the necklace.


The necklace he had bought his mother for her birthday when she was murdered. The necklace he had lost after his father had beaten him.

"It's been a long time, Haruto." Kichiro Wantanabee, Sakaki's father said with a sly grin as he stripped himself of his scarf and sunglasses.

----

Robin and Michael arrived at the museum as the sun vanished from the sky and the moon rose to take its place.

The pair of young lovers had barley reached the door when the security guard arrived to stop them.


"Sorry, exhibition show tonight. You need to be on the VIP lis- Michael?"

The guard stopped suddenly in mid speech. His eyes had fallen on Michael's face and now he was staring at him intently. Michael smirked and shook his head. There was a moment's pause and then the guard, Jyou, opened his mouth wide and seamed to be surprised as he had been in his entire life.


"Michael? Little Michael?"

Michael smirked as he squeezed Robin's hand. "Yeah Jyou. It's been a while."

Jyou looked as if he had just spotted a favorite nephew he hadn't seen in years. And indeed it was almost like that, because Jyou Taiga had been Tai Lee's best friend in the world, and he had been there when Michael was born. Of course since Michael's parents died and he joined the STN-J they hadn't seen one another.

"I can't believe it. You've grown."

Michael nodded his head to Robin and then to the line of impatient rich people behind them who were all clearing their throat and Jyou seamed to get the message. He winked at Michael and quickly opened the museum door for him.

"See you Jyou." Michael called back quietly.

"They just put up some more of Kelly's paintings in the usual section." Jyou responded.

Walking hand in hand with Robin, Michael quickly found the usual section. It was an old gallery dedicated to art from Europe, where all of Kelly Lee's art had been displayed. Most of the art still read Kelly Campbell, from before she had been married, but some of the newer pieces had the name Lee on them.


Michael sighed. Memories of his mother had invaded his mind now. He missed her everyday. So badly that it hurt sometimes.

"They're beautiful." Robin piped up suddenly, looking at a painting of a starry night above London.

"Yeah. She had talent. She never made any money off it but she had talent." Michael smiled.

"Is that your dad?" Robin suddenly asked, pointing towards the largest portrait on the wall. It looked older than the rest. It was a beautiful picture of three friends.

A tall man with jet black hair and a thin mustache in the middle, with two people by his side. One was a young woman with thick, dark red hair and a pale but freckled face. The third man looked . . . well, a lot like Michael. His nose was bigger, and his eyes were a different color, and he had a different hair style, but he still looked a lot like Michael.


Michael shook his head. "No. That's my ancestor, on my mother's side. Michael Campbell. I was named after him. He was on the London Police force over a hundred years ago. The girl is his wife, Rosalind Campbell. And the man is Rick Richards, his best friend. He was a cop too."

Robin looked up. "They look happy."

Michael nodded. "Yeah. They were. Until they were murdered."

Robin blinked. "Murdered?"

Michael walked over and pointed at a glass case where a variety of objects sat. A rapier sword, a small gold bracelet, and a pocket watch.

"Michael Campbell was found in his hotel room, shot to death, on his honeymoon. Rosalind and Rick vanished. Rosalind had been Rick's best friend since childhood. As the story goes he fell in love with her and killed Michael, and he and Rosalind ran off together."

Robin stared sadly at the old portrait. "That's horrible."

Michael nodded. "Yes it is."

Michael looked up and stared at the portrait. He stared at Rick Richards, the man who betrayed and murdered his ancestor.


And Rich Richard stared back down at Michael Lee with an angry look of hatred.

Then the lights went out.

----------------

*Listening to Jimmy Buffett's Jamaica Mistaica*

*Grins and waves to Readers*

Hey-o!

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter.

Umm… let's see, my news.


Ah, right. Well I'm working very hard on Coffee and Donuts, and I'll have the rest of it done soon!

Also, I won't have one done for this week, but Next Friday I will start my comedy series.

Celebrity Witch Hunting

And some more stuff…

Umm… hmm… I think I'll take some time to answer some questions I received on FE and on F&R.

Bunny Hunter Jessica

Umm… how can a guy make love scenes like this?

… Because I'm special. XP

Finchgirl


David Rica… the evil energizer bunny….


Hmm… now that is quite an analogy.

And I like it. ^^ Heh.

Rockie, Sano-san, P. Savvy and all the rest of you wanting to know how Rica came back…


Well…. You'll have to wait and see. XD

I'm evil. I know this.

Anyway, I wish I had time to answer all the rest of the reviews, but I don't.

*cries*

Gomen nasai. But if I take the time to respond to all 33 reviews, then I won't have time to get started on chapter four!

Ja Ne


~ Golden-sama