Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of an End ❯ A Witch and a Dream ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WHR: The Beginning of an End
Chapter Three- A Witch and a Dream
“Uh…Nadia?” Sakaki called in a small voice, hovering carefully behind a dark haired girl in black. She seemed to completely ignore every presence at the STN, except for an occasional “yes” or “no”, or even a “Good morning” although the way she says it doesn't show any signs of a positive remark.
“Nadi-“
“I heard you.” She replied in annoyance without turning, filing away some notebooks and print-outs. After a few seconds, she twirled her chair around to face the waiting fellow hunter behind her. Sakaki eyed around the room for something other than the darkly rimmed pair of dark eyes to set his eyes on. The new Craft user was so deathly pale that her cheeks looked transparent and frail, making her violet eyes stand out more.
“Well….the boss wants you in the meeting room,” Sakaki quickly complied to Nadia's impatient-worn face. She slowly stood up and walked smoothly to the meeting room in accordance.
At the end of the long table, Kosaka sat gloomily and looked startled at the presence of the Craft-user, who stood unmoving at the entry way.
“Ah, Miss Nadia, take a sit over there.” The small mustached man pointed at the other end. Nadia obeyed without a word.
“You see, there are witched that are far beyond our skills, and technology I should say.” Kosaka said in an almost whispery voice.
“Yes sir,” Nadia replied, still quizzical about the main point, and what this was all about.
“Some of those witches, unfortunately, are unaware of their powers…and some of them may be our friends,” Kosaka continued.
“Yes sir,”
“Why I summoned you here is well…because we just realized you were very capable of hunting down this `friend' of us. I wouldn't be pleased saying this but…her name is Robin Sena.”
Robin Sena, Nadia answered to herself at the same time. Of course knew about the famous Robin Sena. Kosaka stroked his small mustache, and went back into his thinking state. Nadia took that as a sign that she was dismissed, and stood up, wearing a tiny, hardly visible grin. “Yes sir,” she said in an unfathomable voice and left the room in silence.
-----------------------------------
“Ms. Isuzu,” A stern female voice echoed throughout the small office. “Ms. Isuzu!”
“Oh, um, sorry,” Elicia sat up, knocking over her empty mug and catching it just before it toppled off the desk. She looked up apologetically and adjusted her glasses.
The 22-year-old coworker put her hands at her hips. Uh oh. “What seems to be the matter?” Elicia asked warily.
Julie Rokutanda sighed. Her good-looking features drooped tiredly. “Ms, Isuzu, you can't go dozing off like that again. What was with the boss to give you such an important position?” Elicia bowed her head lightly in apologize. This was nearly a weekly routine. “If you keep up like this, our whole company will be sitting out on the streets scratching for food. Got it?” She demanded.
Elicia lowered her eyes to stare at nothing but the floor. “Yes ma'm.”
The half-Japanese left a thick heap of files on the neat orderly desk and briskly left the office, closing the door behind her. Elicia heard some laughter erupt from the co-workers outside, and die out as Ms. Rokutanda left the room.
Elicia hadn't exactly been dozing off as usual…she had a dream of some strange sort, a dream so realistic it was painful. She saw a face, which than formed and grew a body like pieces of a puzzle being morphed together into one. Elicia had been sitting there like an immobilized child, watching the dark slender figure lift something of what looked like a small gun. The last thing she saw was a pair of dark impassive eyes, and was thrown back into reality.
This strange “dream” had reminded her of…if it was really….
Could it really be? Could it really be him? Elicia pondered, growing more and more bemused each time she thought of the possibility. It occurred to her that she haven't been thinking too deeply about him lately, and was slowly drifting him out of her head. She gently touched the rim of her glasses.
“Amon,” she whispered.