Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of an End ❯ A Child Recalled ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Merry Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa and e.t.c!
Disclaimer Witch Hunter Robin is way out of my reach, but I'd be super happy if I really could own it. I really would.
 
 
The Beginning of an End
Chapter Eight- A Child Recalled
by
Lola
 
Nadia was thinking about the future ahead, which was all about the renowned fire huntress, her old classmate, a witch. What a filth… she gazed out the newly tinted window, resting her haunting eyes at the green-gray park scenery. I wonder how she became so…powerful, being so young. Undeniably, a very small part of her genuinely envied the flame-eyed Robin Sena.
 
Nadia Safras snapped back into her guarded morbid state as her colleagues appeared for the morning. They seated themselves in their work places.
 
Karasuma bade her good morning, and Nadia flashed a small smile in return.
 
Dojima, who Nadia liked the least, mock- yawned and leaned back into her roller chair. “I finally had some normal sleep last night, all though I didn't prefer that old couch,” She pouted in her singsong voice and glanced at Sakaki, who just stood up to refill his own cup. “I guess a cup of coffee would do the work.”
 
Sakaki ignored her glance and rolled his eyes. “It's not our fault that our homes are under some kind of an investigation,” He grumbled incoherently.
 
“Everyone knows it's `cause of Robin,” Michael Lee pointed grimly, “You can't act as if…as if she's gone forever. Same to Amon.”
 
Everyone shifted uneasily in their positions. Ever since the morning that they've found out Robin Sena was alive, there had been a brief moment of relief and joy. But the fact that they really had to hunt her down was more depressing. The hunters since then had refused to bring up the subject in fear that the atmosphere will be ruined. Only Nadia seemed unnerved by the idea.
 
Dojima looked the worst out of all. She thought of what Karasuma had told her, from the small lecture she'd given her more than two and a half years ago. Would you be able to bring yourself to hunt her down with your own two hands? The harsh question floated around her blonde head. It's seems that I have to, now. But I can't…I won't. This is all because of me…I shouldn't have asked Robin for anything. God, why am I feeling so…guilty?
 
She whimpered softly, holding back the guiltiness and fear. Sakaki glanced at her quietly, frowning.
 
 
“Robin, we're leaving this city, now.” Amon finally replied callously to Robin's continuous questions, as the car entered the freeway. The morning sun beat down innocently through the window, filtering the warmth. But today, it seemed like the beginning of something devastating, an opening to something that'll change everything.
 
Robin gawked at the sudden statement. How could Amon give her such a short notice? Just this morning she'd stumbled out of her bed to find out that Amon was to pick her up in under ten minutes, and now she was to leave this city. “But why…? My boss, he's going to be--” She stopped hastily. Mr. Sakamoto…she didn't want to recall the embarrassing incident.
 
“If you knew what kind of shit you were in right now, I would worry about those later.” Amon replied harshly. He sighed softly as an apology to his rough statement.
 
Robin bit the inside of her lip, not out of nervousness but out of sadness. Amon had changed so much. If only she knew why…maybe all he told her before he'd shoved her roughly down the well that day was just out of pity, a farewell in hopes that he wouldn't see her again. Of course he couldn't have trusted her…she'd only been 16, hardly recognized as an adult. Maybe she was just a burden, so he thought it was best to just send her away to work as a low-class bike messenger.
 
Amon obviously didn't look so welcoming when they encountered at the park that night, for the first time in two years.
 
Robin felt a blade-sharp pang of pain drawing closer into deep inside of her chest. The cold ruby amulet inside her jacket felt colder and raw against her skin. Robin had never felt so lonely, even if Amon was right there seated next to her, sharing the same breath. She accidentally let out a small sniffle of anguish tears.
 
Amon glanced at her sideways. “Robin, I've been wondering where you've been.” He said in a little softer tone.
 
Robin painstakingly swallowed back the tears.
 
“Amon, am I just a burden to everyone?” She questioned rather coolly as her emerald irises gazed out the window. “All these years, I was foolish enough to not realize it,”
 
Amon was taken back. Her fragile and melodic voice was strained with years and years of loneliness and hardship as he just realized. Maybe I am the one who's foolish and stupid, more than anyone else could ever be.
 
“You're wrong. People create burden themselves and make pain themselves,” he opposed firmly whether the girl was listening or not, as she seemed not to be.
 
“But Amon, isn't it true that the H.Q had attacked us because of me? I'm the one who's responsible for everything that happened two years ago.” She argued back and added, “There's no other reason.”
 
Amon was silent for a moment. For a second Robin thought she'd won the argument, but he continued. “It wasn't a hunt.” He said vaguely. “It had absolutely nothing to do with you,” he added hotly, causing Robin to jump.
 
“But--”
 
“If that's what's you been tormenting about…” The throb came back once again. “If that was, I wouldn't have bothered risking my life to track you down, to come this.
 
Robin stared, her visions blurry and wet. She couldn't find what to say, so frankly, she'd lost the argument.
 
Amon went on, his voice impassive and sincere. “I may have been trying to go on forgetting everything, but I found that impossible.”
 
The pulsing pain dissolved away.