Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Another World ❯ New Friend ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey guys! This is the new chapter to my story. In this chapter Kiba and Hige meet for the first time since the world started. We see how Hige’s love for food and the opposite sex makes a new friend.


Hope you like!





Cheza takes a step into the semi crowded hallway with her planned smile plastered on her face. She clutches her books tightly for a moment and loosens her grip again. The white walls of the school are covered with bulletin boards and flyers. Girls crowded together in front of them and plan their latest trip to the announced cafés who have discovered the latest talents who perform at their place. Cheza walks bye throwing quick glances and smiles at the group before she is stopped by a girl around her age dressed with the similar uniform but with little red bows attached to it and the two braids dangling from her head.


“Hi!” The girl quickly states as she smiles at Cheza.


“Hi Toko, how was your morning?’ Cheza eyes trace the young petit girl before talking again. “Your hair?”


“You like? I decided to try something new and different.” The girl picks up one of her braids and holds it up in the air.


“Yeh I do, it’s very different and unique, just like you.” Cheza smiles as she grabs the other braid and holds it in the air too.


The two girls giggle and let go of the braids.


“Cheza, Toko!” A voice calls them from behind. They quickly turn to be meted by a tall slim girl with beautiful long brown her with eyes to match with it.


“Hey Maria!” The two girls call back.


Maria stops in front of them and smiles contently before beginning to talk again.


“Did you guys hear?’ She asks eagerly.


“Hear what?” Toko asks.


“There is a new boy at school today and I hear he’s totally hot.” Maria says clutching her hands together trying to picture him in her mind. “Only a couple of girls have had the chance to lay their eyes on him.”


“A new boy huh? No I haven’t seen him yet.” Toko answered. “Well how about you Cheza?’


Cheza mind trail back to the boy with the blue eyes she had bumped into the morning.


“I think I did,” She answers with a hesitant voice.


“You think you did?” Maria asked confused.


“Well I did...” Cheza stops for a moment. “It was an accident though.” Cheza said.


“Accident?” Maria asked again.


“I bumped into him this morning when I was on my way over here. I asked him if he was new and he said yes.” Cheza stated waiting for her friend’s response.


“Well?” Toko asked anxious.


“Well, what?” Cheza asked.


“What do you mean well what? Is he cute or what?” Maria asked getting exited.


“Well I don’t know, I really never stopped to think about it.” Cheza answered in a low voice.


“Oh Cheza, you really are hopeless.” Maria said with a large sigh.


“So guys we should really check out the Moon light festival next weekend” Toko said changing the topic.


“Another festival?” Cheza asked.


“Yup, I heard it’s suppose to be the best one this year.” Toko added.


“We should go then.” Cheza said enthusiastically.


The girls agreed and headed toward there class. Cheza took a seat near the back as Toko sat down next to her and Maria sat down in front of her. They continued to talk about the Moon light festival before they were interrupted.


“Settle down class!” A woman entered the class. Her blond hair picked up and a few strands strayed along her face. She was a slim woman, averaged height with a warm crimson smile on her face, “a genuine smile” Cheza noticed. The woman walked in and placed her brief case on her desk. She proceeded to take off her glasses and wipe them down with tissue she pulled out of her pocket. She smiled up at the class before she began to talk.


“So, class we have a new student today.” She stated.


The girls in the class quickly became anxious and began to murmur to each other.


“Class settle down.’ She quickly hushed them.


The girls in the class knew it had to be the student everyone had been talking about before school had begun.


“Kiba, you may come in.” The teacher stated.


The door slide open and the student waited in anticipation for the new kid to walk in.


As Kiba took a step into the classroom the girls in the class mouths dropped. Kiba strode in with his hands place in his Uniform pockets. They stared at him as if hypnotized. Kiba turned and stared at the class as their eyes stared back.


“Kiba you can sit in the back desk near the window.” The blond woman stated to him.


As Kiba walked by the prying eyes of the girls they each murmured again to each other. He glanced over at Cheza as he took a seat behind her. She let out a small smile as she laid in a trance by his icy eyes.


The girls of the class could not stop staring at Kiba making him feel uncomfortable.


“Come on now class, pay attention.” Their blond teacher stated.


The girls manage to turn to look at their teacher and only turned to snatch quick glances of Kiba now and then.


Kiba sat there and looked out the window toward the schoolyard. When his eyes averted back to the teacher as she called another boys attention.


“Hige!” The boy named Hige froze as he felt the class stare at him.


“Yeh, miss?” He managed to say trying to consume the large piece of donut in his mouth.


“What did I tell you about eating in this class?” She said her voice agitated.


“Um, don’t know?” Hige said swallowing the piece.


“Oh course you don’t. They way you eat most of the food probably land in you ears.” The teacher stated with a chuckle.


“Sorry miss. I only have five more to eat and I’m done.” Hige said smiling and pulling out another out of a brown bag on his desk.


The teacher slowly walked over and grabbed the bag. “You can get it back at lunch.” She said with a smile.


Hige let out a large sigh before he gave in. “Fine”


Kiba looked over at the boy. His light brown hair in disarray and he wore a large leather collar around his neck. His brown eyes had a disappointing stare in the as he looked at the paper bag on the teachers desk.


Hige managed to take his eyes off the bag and look over at Kiba.


“Hey” he said with a sigh.


“Hey.” Kiba answered back.


“I’m Hige.” Hige smiled over at Kiba before pulling a donut out of his desk and shoving it into his mouth.


Kiba looked at the other boy confused and a smirk formed on his lips.


“Kiba.”


“So you’re the new kid everyone’s talking about huh?’ Hige said mumbling as he swallowed the donut.


“I guess.” Kiba managed.


“Well all the girls that is.” Hige licked his fingers clean and smiled over a Kiba.


Kiba’s eyes wondered around the room for a few minutes before they stood still in front of him. “That girl” He told himself. His thoughts were interrupted as his teacher all of a sudden became anxious.


The blond teacher looked at the class then at the watch. “Oh now” She let out. “Umm Cheza watch the class while I’m gone. It’s only for a minute.” She stated before she ran out of the class.


“Ok.” Cheza said after her. Cheza stood up and walked to the front of the class and began to read out of the book.


Hige noticed as Kiba stared at Cheza.


“Her name is Cheza.” Hige said sneaking another donut into his mouth.


“I know.” Kiba said reverting his eyes to Hige.


“You do?” Hige asked confused.


“She bumped into me this morning.” Kiba said quickly


“Cute isn’t she?” Hige said with a sly smile.


“Hige, if you stop talking and let me teach I’ll let you have your donuts.” Cheza voice interrupted from the front.


Hige smiled and nodded and didn’t speak again. Mostly because when she gave it back he scuffed them down.


The door opened right when he was finished.


“Thank you Cheza,” their teacher stated before taking over.


Cheza gave her a slight bow and headed toward her desk. Her eyes quickly wondered over at Kiba who stared back. She took her seat in front of him and began to write in her notebook. Kiba sat there looking at the back or her head when a sudden aroma whisked across his. It smelled like a flower but he didn’t know what type and the smell seemed to be originated by Cheza.


The class went by with out incident and then the bell rang, it was lunchtime. As the class Cheza and her friends were one of the first to leave. As the class emptied out Hige and Kiba were the last to get up and head for the door.


“I’m starving!” Hige declared.


“But you ate like eight donuts” Kiba said surprised.


“I have a big stomach.” Hige said smiling.


Kiba looked over at the strange boy whom’s stomach seemed to be growling. He smirked quickly and walked out into the hallway together.


“So Kiba, seems to me like were gonna be good friends.” Hige declared.


“And how do you know that?” Kiba asked skeptically.


“Cause, I have a six sense about this stuff. Plus I kind of feel like I had a friend like you at one time.” Hige said stuffing his hands into his pocket pulling out a powdered donut.


Kiba looked over and nodded his head. “Who the hell is this guy?”


Hoped you like this chapter. In the next one Kiba meets Tsume. Maybe Toboe but I’m thinking of dedicating one full chapter to Toboe.