Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Volume One, Chapter One: Road Trip ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Road Trip
Kurt Davidson never liked to stay in one place for too long. He came from a military family. They moved around constantly. Kurt grew to love traveling. When his air force father died two years ago, one would've thought it all ended there. But no! Kurt took that time to plan. He had everything set. Well, all but two details. Time and a companion. Both pretty difficult to find at the time. But last year, one changed.
A young Israeli girl named Mazel Abijah entered his life with a bang. They met in high school. Because he kept forgetting her name too often, Mazel told Kurt to call her “Jamie.” The name stuck from there. Jamie and Kurt became close really fast. One day, he asked her out. She said no at first. But, Kurt wouldn't quit. Finally, Jamie lost a bet and had to date Kurt. They ended up having a great time. Kurt turned out to be a nice guy. He had boyfriend potential. Jamie and Kurt began more often. In one year's time, they became boyfriend and girlfriend. Now, Kurt had his travel companion ready. He just needed to know when. So far, no day felt right to pack up and head out. But then, that changed too.
Summer came after their junior year. The travel bug hit Kurt badly. He couldn't take it anymore. The boy had to get out quick. Summer seemed like the perfect time to do so. He packed up his things. He persuaded his mother to hand over his dad's car keys. (He got his driver's license over the spring.) Kurt went over his checklist in his head again. Food, check. Clothes, check. Camping supplies, check. Money, check. Entertainment, check. Map and guides, check. Car, check. All of it here. Well, almost. One little thing missing. Kurt knew where to get that one. But knowing the situation that would be “fun” to achieve!
“NO!!!” Jamie cried out. “NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO, NO, NO!!!”
“But why not?” Kurt asked.
“I like it here in Tokyo!” she cried. “Why do you want to leave so badly?” Kurt sighed again.
“Because,” he protested. “I'm sick of seeing this city day after day! I want to get out! Say you'll come with me?”
“No!” Jamie screamed again.
“Please?” her boyfriend pleaded again.
“No!” she screamed.
“Why do you want to stay in Tokyo so badly?” Kurt asked her puzzled. Jamie looked at him pouting.
“Because,” she said. “I like it here!” Kurt faked yawned at that statement. Jamie just didn't get it. She just didn't see the need to travel. The couple argued about this until Kurt won out. Jamie and Kurt would head out on the first day of summer break. Jamie packed up her stuff complaining the whole time. She tried to talk Kurt out of the idea. Sadly, that one didn't work this time. Traveling and escaping from Tokyo had invaded his mind. Jamie found herself trapped now.
On the day of the trip, Kurt waited outside of Jamie's apartment. He honked the horn loudly first. No one came at first. Kurt waited impatiently. Still no show. Finally, he picked up his phone and dialed her. He waited for his girl to pick up.
“Hello?” Jamie asked.
“Where in hell are you?” Kurt asked out loud. A pause came over the phone.
“Damn it” Jamie yelled out. “I was hoping that you forgot!”
“Are you coming or not?” her boyfriend hissed. Jamie sighed on the other line.
“Fine!” she snapped. “Hang on!” Kurt hung up smiling. Almost there now…
In a few minutes, Jamie stood in the parking lot glaring at Kurt. Each step reflected her anger as she walked over to the car. Kurt smiled at her still.
“Ready to go?” he asked. Jamie said nothing. She just glared at him and flipped him off. Kurt shook his head at her.
“Okay, okay,” he said. “No need to be all touchy.” Jamie loaded her bags in the car and got in. Her boyfriend smiled again.
“Ready to head out?” he asked.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Jamie mumbled. Kurt turned forward.
“Okay,” he said. “Let's go!” Then, the couple drove off on their journey out of Tokyo.
On the Road Again