Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Six: The Snow Wolf ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Snow Wolf
However, secrecy would be blown out the window soon. How? A mere addition, no less. With a puppy. Funny story, really. It goes like this…
Mika and Tsuki began their own journey to paradise by sunrise. Tsuki did not believe in this whole trip. She saw this as another one of Mika's booty schemes. So, Tsuki had to keep an eye on the younger wolf. Soon, she would have to deal with two puppies.
The girls had wandered into another town. Tsuki looked around for a moment.
“Do you even know where we're going?” she questioned. Mika looked around.
“No,” she said. The other she-wolf glared at her.
“So we're just wandering around until we find this `paradise,' right?” she asked.
“Yeah…” Mika replied. Tsuki rolled her eyes. “Figures!” she thought. The wolf didn't listen. Toboe had invaded her brain. She wanted to be his first. But, that would be put on hold at the moment.
Tsuki paused in her tracks and sniffed the air. She stopped Mika as well. The she-wolf stared at her.
“What?” she asked.
“You smell that?” her companion asked. Mika took a heavy sniff. The scent caught her nose as well.
“Someone's following us,” she whispered. The girls listened on for a moment. The rustling came from behind the trash bin. The wolves turned and looked.
“There!” Mika exclaimed. They prepared to attack.
“Show yourself!” Tsuki yelled. Another rustle came. Then, a flash white of appeared right in front of them. The she-wolves gave the third party an odd look. A young girl stood before them. She could have been twelve or thirteen years old. Her long ponytails were a silvery white. Her gold eyes seemed to glow in the dark. She had on simple jeans and a t-shirt. Tsuki squinted her eyes closely.
“It's a kid!” she said. Mika shook her head.
“No,” she whispered. “It's a puppy.” The girls kept up her guard. This puppy grinned at them.
“Hi!” she chirped. The she-wolves looked at her lost and confused.
“Huh?” Mika asked.
“What'cha doin'?” the puppy asked.
“Nothing!” Tsuki lied. The girl giggled at them.
“You're lying!” she cheered. The she-wolves stared at her. The puppy giggled again.
“You're going somewhere!” she cheered.
“So?” Mika asked. “What if we are?”
“Name yourself!” Tsuki yelled. The puppy grinned at them.
“Tell me who you are!” she challenged. Silence came for a moment. Mika turned to Tsuki.
“Should we tell her?” she asked. The other she-wolf shrugged.
“Might as well to get rid of her!” she whispered.
“You sure?” her companion asked.
“You got any better ideas?” the leader offered. Mika shook her head.
“Good point…” she mumbled. They turned back to the puppy. Mika stepped forward.
“I'm Mika and this is Tsuki,” she said. “We are wolves. What are you?” The puppy grinned at them.
“I'm Yuki!” she cheered. “I'm just a sweet little puppy!” *Sweat drop on the she-wolves' heads* “Okay…” they thought. Strange silence filled the air. Yuki grinned at them again.
“Take me with you!” she commanded. The older girls looked at her in shock.
“What?!?” they asked. Yuki gave them a sweet little smile.
“Take me with you,” she said again. Tsuki raised an eyebrow at her.
“Why?” she asked. The puppy smirked at them.
“I know how to get you through the cities,” she insisted. “If you take me with you, I can help you out.” The girls stared at her for a moment. Mika narrowed her eyes at her.
“You're lying, aren't you?” she challenged. Yuki shook her head.
“No,” she insisted.
“Why us?” Tsuki questioned. Yuki shrugged.
“I want an escape,” she said.
“So you chose us?” Tsuki asked.
“Yeah,” the puppy said with a nod. “So, what do you say?” The she-wolves looked at her still. They didn't trust her, of course. But, something told them she wasn't going to leave so easily. Mika glanced at her companion again.
“What do you want to do?” she whispered. Tsuki shrugged.
“Let her come along,” she whispered. Mika stared at her, oddly.
“What?” she asked. The leader shrugged at her.
“Hey,” she whispered. “What else can we do? She's just going to keep following us anyway. And besides, we can try and ditch her when she least expects it.” Mika's eyes lit up as she nodded.
“Oh!” she replied. They turned back to Yuki. She waited patiently for them. Tsuki snorted a bit.
“Fine, you can tag along,” she said. Yuki felt like exploding inside.
“Yay!!!” she cheered. The other two she-wolves sighed at their new baggage. And it was only day one…
Snow Puppy