Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Volume Four, Chapter Ten: Work ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Work
Mika had a tiny hitch. A hitch in two parts to be exact. Tsuki at her end and Tsume at Toboe's. In other words, sharp eyes with sharp claws.
I can't have that, Mika thought. But, what to do about it? Mika took a moment to think this through.
Both are so alike in personality. Stubborn, strict, and nuisance to me. Heh, they would be perfect for each other.
Of course, that thought connected to an idea. Mika pondered this while smiling.
Well now, that could work. Stubborn bitch and a punk wolf. Nice.
Now , how to execute? That led to more thought.
They need to meet first. It has to look natural. Tsuki already knows my tricks. No, I need something fresh.
Mika looked through the crowded street. So many people today. Hello opportunity. The she-wolf glanced over her shoulder. Tsuki and Yuki argued with each other. Mika stood there quiet. Just a little longer…
Tsuki finally turned her head. “What?” Mika didn't speak.
“What are you staring at?” Tsuki asked. The other she-wolf grinned. She raced right into the street. The punk she-wolf gritted her teeth.
“You!” she snapped. She raced after Mika in the crowd. Perfect, it's working! Mika maneuvered her way through the crowd. She stole a glance behind her to see her “friend” still following behind. The trick here was to keep ahead at all times. Tsuki was fast, but Mika had the advantage with a mental map of the city to work with.
Come on! Just keep coming after me!, Mika thought. She sped up for extra measure. Tsuki grunted at the younger she-wolf.
“Get back here!” she barked. Tsuki kept running until… CRASH! She found herself falling backwards to the ground.
“Ow!” she cried as she rubbed her nose. “Watch where you're go…!” Someone snorted at her. Tsuki jerked her head upwards. A white-haired male stood over her, looking down. He only sneered at her.
“I can say the same thing about you,” he snarled. Tsuki quickly looked away red-headed.
“Not my fault that one of my companions just ran off!” she snapped. The wolf gave her an odd look.
“Ran off?” he asked. Tsuki pushed herself to her feet.
“Yeah,” she said. “She always pulls this crap on me! Stupid bitch.” The white-haired guy in the leather frowned at her.
Pathetic, he thought.
From around the corner, Mika watched them with a smile on her face. Oh yeah, she thought. This could work out in my favor.
Tsuki sneered the guy staring at her.
“What?” she snapped. “She has a mind of her own, the little slut!”
“Pathetic,” the male muttered. Tsuki only sneered at the X-shaped scar on his chest.
Asshole, she thought with a snort.
Paint it Black