Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Little Secrets ❯ Kiss ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Little Secrets
 
Disclaimer: See Chap. 1
 
Summery: See Chap. 1
 
Warnings: None right now... except for the usual
 
Chapter: 5
 
Chap. Title: Kiss
 
Chap. POV: Toboe
 
S.A.: Here we go!
 
 
 
I'm heading to the cave with my arms full of fish. I cannot believe what I'm going to tell Tsume. I think he might like me. I mean, he was blushing when I held his hand. I've loved him since the day that I met him. And, now that he knows I'm female, I'm going to tell him. When he can hear me this time. I walk into the cave and find it empty. “Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I call. Hige immediately ran out, dragging Blue behind him.
 
“I'll cook!!!!!!”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I stay on the opposite side of the cave for dinner, away from the fire. Ever since I was eight hundred, I've been terrified of fire. It took me fifty years to be able to be close to Flame again. I miss my mother terribly, but if she were here, then I wouldn't have met Tsume or any of the other wolves. I don't know wither of not to be happy about that. I guess the good outweighs the bad… but only by a little bit.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~It was after dinner. I walk out of the cave and Tsume fallows me. “Why did you want to talk to me?”
 
“Tsume… do you know what the last thing I said to you before I left?”
 
“I can't remember.”
 
“You couldn't hear me. I said it while you were asleep.”
 
“Then why ask me?”
 
“Do you want me to tell you what I said?”
 
He sighs, clearly annoyed. “Sure, why not.”
 
“I said that I… love you.”
 
He looks stunned. “I'm dreaming.”
 
“Tsume?”
 
“I am dreaming.” He turns around to walk back inside.
 
“No, Tsume, you're not!!” I scream, grabbing him around his waist. “Please, Tsume.” I'm nearly crying.
 
He looks at me, his eyes softening. “Toboe…” He turns around in my embrace. Tears and slowly sliding down my cheeks. He wraps his arms around me. “I… love you too.” He leans down and presses his lips to mine. I gasp. The last boy to kiss me is the reason my mother is…
 
Suddenly, I'm not looking at Tsume any more. I'm staring straight at the only other boy to kiss me. My eyes widen and I push away from him, screaming. His eyes widen as I crumple to the ground, hugging myself. The others come running out of the cave. “Toboe, what's wrong?” Sakura asks, knelling beside me.
 
I cling to her. “It's Jason!!” I scream, crying. The wolves look confused and I can't blame them.
 
Breezie gasps. “No, honey, it's not. It's Tsume, okay? It's not Jason.” Sakura tries to reassure me.
 
“No, it's not Tsume!!!” I cry. I'm lost. I'm far too terrified of Jason and the thought that he's here to listen to any amount of reasoning.
 
Flame pushes past Sakura, grabs me and slaps me across the face. “IT'S NOT JASON!!! I KILLED Jason!!!!! He's not here, he's not at his house, he's not anywhere on the planet. He's dead!!! Pull yourself together!!!!!”
 
I stare at her before realizing that she's right. He's dead. I need to put the past behind me and get over my fear of that little, pathetic human. I stand. “Thanks Flame. I needed that.”
 
She chuckles. “No problem, Sis. I'll be there any time you have another meltdown, all right?”
 
I nod, heading inside. Right outside the cave, I stop and look back. “I-I'm sorry, Tsume. Then, I run back to my room.
 
TBC…
 
S.A.: One step forward, two steps back. Sure they said that they love each other, but is Toboe going to be scared of Tsume forever? And exactly who is Jason that Toboe's afraid of and what did he do to her mother? Find out all this and more in Chapter Six!!