Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Paradise! ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Nina Angel: I just love Wolf's rain! Since wolves are my fav animals! Anyways, Toboe is pronounced: Toe-bo-way. Kiba is pronounced: Key-Bah. Tsume is pronounced: Sue-may; The T is is silent. Hige is pronounced: High-gee or He-jay. Chezza is pronounced: Chess-uh.

*****

Wolf's Rain:
Paradise!

Prologue

A young brown wolf with dark gentle eyes was in an alley of the city. His name was Toboe. Toboe was raised by an old woman but now that she was gone, the poor wolf was on his own. All he had to remind him of her was a silver bracelet around his paw.

A young girl named, Leara, gave him a link of sausage but he killed her pet and now he was scared to go back to her.

His only family was Tsume, Hige, and Kiba, but they weren't exactly what anyone would call a "family". They never found the Paradise, so they decided to go their separate ways, but still keep in touch.

Toboe had been living on the streets again. Searching for food out of the trash and fighting the crows. The only food he found were usually hamburger, hot dog, or just old bread. Toboe hasn't eaten thing in days and it's been raining for the past week.

Now, he lays in an old box, in a dark alley. Soaking in the rain.

*****

Nina, a kind blue haired green eyed orphan girl that lived on the streets, was walking down a street. There were rumors that wolves were still around, even after 200 years. Nina walked down the street, the only way that she earned her food was getting some from the baker and the hot dog seller. She had recently gotten some hot dogs and now she was walking back to her place, an old abandoned warehouse.

As she walked down the street, pass an alley, she heard a whine and a bunch of crows cawing.

*What was that?* She ran down the alley and seen a bunch of crows pecking at a brown dog.

She gasped. The poor dog was only getting some food and they were attacking him. Her anger flared and she ran up to the crows.

"Go away, you stupid birds!" She yelled, picking up rocks and throwing them at the birds.

"Caw!" The birds cawed angrily and flew off, leaving the brown dog whimpering and covered in blood.

Nina walked up to the dog but the dog backed away in fear.

"It's ok. Here." She took out a hot dog and offered it to him.

*****

Toboe looked at the girl. Her hair was messed up and her face was smudged with dirt. Her clothes were old and worn. And she was offering him food and she protected him. He sniffed the hot dog then took it. He ate it hungrily and barked for more.

The girl giggled but then gasped more. "You're hurt." She took his hind leg and examined it.

She was right. There was blood running down his leg, where the crows pecked him. The girl took her coat off and ripped off a piece of cloth. She tied the strip around his leg to stop the blood flow.

Toboe licked her hand and wagged his tail in happiness.

*****

Nina giggled as the dog licked her face in happiness. "Hey! Stop boy! That tickles!"

The dog obediently stopped and sat there looking her.

"I'm Nina. Where's your owner? Huh, boy?" Nina pet the dog's fur gently, "Are you also living on the streets too?"

The dog wagged his tail and barked. Nina looked at him and stood up.

"I know! You could live with me! I have a home even though you wouldn't really call it a home." Nina smiled, "Come on, boy."

Nina ran out of the alley with the dog behind her.

*****

It's been a few days since Toboe had met Nina. She really took care of him and he started to fall in love with her. Together, they slept in the warehouse and walked through the city.

Toboe finally decided to speak to Nina in his human form and tell her his name.

One day as Nina and Toboe walked down the street, Toboe barked.

*****

Nina couldn't figure out why the dog was barking. She kneeled down and stroked his fur.

"What's wrong boy?" She asked.

Suddenly the dog ran down a dark alley.

"Hey!" Nina ran after him.

*****

Toboe ran down the alley, hoping that Nina would follow. Luckily she did. Toboe finally came to the end of the alley and jumped behind the trash cans as soon as Nina was in sight.

*****

Nina walked slowly. She lost track of the dog. He just disappeared into this alley.

"Where are you boy?" She yelled.

She heard the sound of a trash can pushed over and screamed.

"Nina, it's ok." A voice said, gently.

"Huh? Who are you?" Nina looked up and seen a boy with short brown hair and brown eyes.

"I'm Toboe. The dog." The boy answered.

"The dog? No. You-" Nina noticed the same bracelet that the dog has. "It is you, but how?"

"I'm not really a dog. I'm a wolf." Toboe answered.

"A wolf? I thought that wolves were gone for 200 years?" Nina asked.

"No. There're few left." Toboe said.

"You're not going to leave me, are you?" Nina asked with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Apparently, she has fallen in love with the Toboe, wolf or not. Nina has been alone most her life and they shared the same past in a way.

*****

Toboe looked into her eyes and seen the sadness and fear of being alone. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he looked at her. Toboe knew what it was like being alone on the streets. With no family or any friends. Toboe did have a family, an old woman, but when she died, he was put out on to the street. Now Toboe has managed to find Nina and they were together.

"Don't worry, Nina. I'd never leave you. Not now. You tended my wound and got rid of those birds." Toboe took her into his arms and hugged her, holding her against his body.

*****

Nina buried her face into Toboe's chest as he hugged her. "Thank you, Toboe. I don't want to be alone."

"Don't worry. You're not alone anymore." Toboe smiled at the girl and kissed her tears away.

Nina gasped and looked up at him. Toboe smiled and took her hand.

"Come on." He said.

"Right." Nina followed him.

*****


Nina Angel: Hello! I hoped you all enjoyed this Wolf's Rain Fic! I started watching the show 4 weeks ago and now I'm hooked on it, like I am, with Inu Yasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Ranma 1/2. :) Well, leave a review plz. Thanks.