Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Beautiful Howling ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is a short story based on Wolf's Rain. I'm starting the story as if they are still on their journey. The story starts somehwere in the middle. The story is the same, except for this part that I wrote. Also, since I've always kinda seen Toboe as a girl, HE is a SHE in this version... I'm hoping for just two chapters...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Must he really ignore me like that?", thought Toboe. She crunched over and hugged her legs, her chin resting on her knees. She remembered when she first met Tsume. She looked up to him; she admired him. It was as if it changed over night; as if SHe changed over night... Kiba, Hige and Tsume had always treated her like a pup, but now they treated her differently. No longer 'one of the guys', she practically became a loner. But that wasn't the only thing... she felt different too. She would often catch herself staring at Tsume for long periods of time, but he always ignored her.

Kiba, being thought of as the leader, used to watch after Toboe. But even in the beginning, he knew there eventually be changes that she would go through. Like when she mustered up the courage to take down that walrus. She had proven that she was tough and her place in the pack was just as important as the others.
And he knew that when she got old enough there might be problems within the pack. Since his main concern was to find paradise, he would be ready to step aside if Hige of Tsume wanted to claim her. Thought he wasn't exactly sure what Hige's relationship with Blue was, he knew that Hige would at least think about it.

It was time to eat, Hige's stomach said so. They were all lying around when they heard the rumbling of his stomach.
"We need some food.", he said.
"So you say.", replied Kiba.
Toboe was hungry too, so she stood up but at that same time, Tsume spoke.
"I'll go.", he said.
"I'll go with you.", said Toboe.
Tsume soon headed off. Toboe ran after him.

"What a babe.", Hige thought. He then suddenly came to his senses. "What am I saying!? A few months ago she was just a pup!" But he did find her to be attractive... Her features were much more defined... Her body was curvier... Even though she was tomboyish, she was practically a woman.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Toboe was once again staring at Tsume, as they were walking. Why did she feel this way about him?; The one who payed her the least attention? Kiba's a good catch... so handsome... Hige made her laugh... it's not good enough... "They're like brothers to me.", she thought.
Because she was so deep in her thoughts, Toboe tripped on a stone and fell.
"You klutz!", said Tsume as he kept walking. "You prbably scared everything off now!"
Toboe got up and after a few moments they were both running after grayish streaks. They had found rabbits and they each managed to catch one. Toboe's ran over a hill and she tripped again while trying to catch it. She let out a cry as her left hand was impelled by a stick.
Tsume ran toward her and found that she managed to catch the rabbit and hold it in her mouth, but he also saw the blood from her wound. He shook his heda and dropped his kill.
"Clumsy.", he said.
"Which is it?", she asked. "Am I a klutz or am I clumsy?"
"You're a clumsy klutz!", he said.
"That's a little redundant, don't you think?", she asked.
"Well, your actions are pretty redundant.", he replied.
"It's not my fault!", she yelled.
"Is it mine?", he asked.
She thought about saying 'yes', but decided not to respond at all.
"Come on.", he said. "We'll just have to split these up."

They left, but when they were halfway back, Tsume noticed Toboe limping.
"Let's stop for a bit.", said Tsume.
"I'm fine.", she replied.
Tsume saw her hand dripping blood. "Sit down!," he demanded.
Toboe decided to obey him. He squatted down in front of her.
"What?", she asked.
"Give me your hand.", he said.
She lifted up her hand and he took it.He suddenly began licking her wound.
Toboe was shocked. The last time she tried to lick him, he had snapped at her. She stared at him. She didn't understand why all of the sudden he woud be doing such a sweet and intimate thing for her.
She moved in closer to him. He looked up at her and she kissed him.
She quickly realized that her kissed was not being returned as he pushed her away. He looked like something horrible had just happened.
"Why did you do that?", he asked.
Before she could answer, Tsume got up and walked off. Toboe was confused, but she picked up the rabbits and slowly folloed him on what would be a very awkward trip.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REVIEW!!!