Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Beautiful Howling ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay, so there will be more than two chapters, but it's still just a short story & I'm giving just a little at a time...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When they returned, Tsume went off to be by himself while Toboe gave Hige and Kiba the rabbits.
"Hey, aren't you gonna eat?", Hige asked.
"I'm not hungry.", she replied. She sat down and looked up into the night sky.
"Sure you are.", said Kiba. He ripped one of the rabbits in half and handed a piece to Toboe. She took it, but she just stared at it.
"What's wrong with YOU?", asked Hige. Toboe just looked at him and then threw her piece of meat at him. "You eat it.", she said. She got up and walked off. "Fine by me.", he said.
Kiba looked at Hige with dissaproval. "What?", he asked.
"If you plan to woo her, you better come up with a different pick-up line.", Kiba smirked.
"You saw her!", he said. "There's definately something wrong with that girl!"
"She the only female in the pack... at the moment.", Kiba replied. "And she having a difficult time adjusting to... things..."
"Like what?", Hige asked.
"Like the way that you've been looking at her, for one.", he said.
"And you haven't looked at her that way?", Hige asked.
"Once, maybe...", Kiba said. "But I know of one guy that HASN'T."
"Tsume?... Are you saying that she likes Tsume!?", Hige laughed.
"Something obviously happened while they were gone.", Kiba said.

Tsume had found a spot to sort his thoughts, alone. His head was racing with the events that led to Toboe kissing him. "If I hadn't been so kind to her, maybe she wouldn't have done it." He remembered her first, as a pup, then now... She seemed more fagile now, even though she was actually a lot tougher. Maybe that's why he did it... Because he didn't want to see her hurt.
But now everything was wrong... Everything was screwed up. He shouldn't have shown any feelings for her. Now, he had to hurt her even more, and he knew what the consequences would be.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REVIEW!!!