Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Beautiful Howling ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


A few hours had passed when Tsume finally returned. "There you are.", said Hige.
"What?", asked Tsume.
"What happened while you two were gone?", asked Kiba.
"If you're talking about that injury of hers, she did that herself.", Tsume said.
"I didn't notice an injury.", said Hige.
"Well, I cleaned it for her.", Tsume replied. Hige and Kiba were shocked.
"What?", Tsume asked. He suddenly realized what he had said. "Oh..."
"Why would someone like YOU do a thing like that?", Hige asked.
"Isn't it obvious, Hige?", said Kiba. After a pause, he continued. "What REALLY happened out there?"
"Look..., she kissed ME!", he yelled.
"And what's wrong with that?", Hige asked.
"You don't see what's wrong with that!?", Tsume yelled. "It's... just wrong, okay!"
"What did you do?", Kiba demanded.
"I just pushed her away, that's all.", Tsume replied.
"You didn't say anything?", Hige asked. Tsume didn't answer him. "Well, that explains it."
"Tsume, you have to talk to her.", said Kiba.
"Why?", he asked.
"She needs a reason, Tsume.", Hige replied.
"She's fine.", He said.
"How the hell do you know that?", Hige asked.
"He just doesn't want to face her.", Kiba said.
"Why not?", asked Hige.
"Because he's a coward.", Kiba said.
Tsume didn't understand why he was being attacked all of the sudden. He faced Kiba. "What is your problem with me!?", he yelled.
Kiba turned and began to walk away. "I'm talking to you!", he said. When Kiba didn't answer him, Tsume jumped on him.
They were suddenly fighting ferociously. Toboe heard the growling from where she was and quickly ran towards the sounds. What she found was Kiba and Tsume in rather undignified feud. She didn't know what they could possibly be fighting about, but didn't care.
She ran towards them and tried to break them up by grabbing Tsume's arm. Tsume easily threw her off. "Stupid bitch, why do you always have to interfere!?", he yelled as he raised his hand; ready to strike her. Both Kiba and Hige gapsed as his words. Toboe just sat where he had thrown her and stared at him, waiting for him to make his next move... waiting for him to strike her.
"Tsume!", Hige yelled.
Tsume lowered his hand. He hadn't realized how harsh he was with her. Toboe got up and ran.

Toboe was crying, splashing the water as if her image would somehow change. Why had he been so cruel to her? And as if the pain of his words weren't enough, he had actually raised his hand to her. The one she looked up to and trusted the most had nearly hit her.
Her hormones were raging through her veins. She had been changing into an adult, she was becoming hardened and aware that she could only trust herself in this world; a fact that she had to learn the hard way.
She was becoming violent, angry and bitter. She was so upset that she hadn't noticed the freezing water was beginning to make her shiver. She stopped and sat quietly.
"Toboe?", She heard Hige calling her name. She removed herself from the water and went to him.
Her hands clenched his sleeves. "Hige?", she said. "Do you want me?"
"What!?", he asked.
"Don't you want me?", she asked. Hige was stunned, he hadn't expected her to act like this.
"No...", he said.
"Why, Hige?', she asked.
"Because you don't want me.", he said.
Toboe's hands clenched tighter, then she let go. She turned to leave, but pivoted back and began pushing on his chest with her hands. Hige almost tripped. The force she was pushing him with wasn't angry, but sad. She gave him one last push then ran off.
"Toboe!", he yelled, but she kept running.

Toboe ran until she was tired. She stopped and began digging. Why did she have to embarrass herself like that? She dug into the earth until she had made herself a den to sleep in. She would stay here until either she forgot, or until they found her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REVIEW!!!