Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Beautiful Howling ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
--------------------------------------

"That went well.", Hige said as he returned to the two most proud wolves. "She didn't look too good."
"I wouldn't expect her to.", Kiba said. Tsume shot him an angry look.
"I mean she looked sick... pale...", Hige said.
"Well, considering that fact that she hasn't eaten in a few weeks and tonight you ate her dinner as well as Tsume's and your own...", Kiba was cut off.
"She still hasn't eaten!?", asked Tsume. Kiba shook his head. Tsume got up and left, angrily.

"How stupid is she?", he thought. She was still growing, but she refused to eat. She was beginning to push the limits of how much she could take. Then he remembered a few nights ago when they were all basking in the full moon. Toboe was staring into the sky (as she did quite frequently nowadays). What she was thinking about, Tsume could only imagine.
He couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked. Even though weeks without eating had weakened her and made her unusually thin, she looked so beautiful. But he had noticed something else... Her cheeks were pale and her eyes that had once been so full of life, were sad. And whatever happened to that goofy smile? She was more aggressive, now. And she was angry...
What had she expected? To stay a puppy her whole life? Did she WANT to always look like a boy? With a flat chest and straight figure?
Then he realized that it was all his fault. All of her outbursts were probably just to get his attention and he had ignored her... And for what? BECAUSE he loved her... BECAUSE he loved her, he subjected her to such mistreatment. Why? Because she was too innocent...to be with him. But he was turnning her INTO him... And he knew it...

--------------------------------------

I HEART REVIEWS!!!