Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ The Frozen Lunar Flower ❯ Don't Leave Me, Hige ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

a/n: Hey everyone who's reading my wonderful fanfic! Well, I might as well put in a disclaimer. I unfortunately do not own Wolf's Rain or the characters. If I did, I would be very happy, but alas I do not. So, I hope you enjoy my story, reviews would be great, but please be nice about anything you say. I don't mind your opinions, just state them in a mature and adult-like manner. Laters!
Chapter 2
Blue felt her mind begin to wake, then she felt the sun warm her eyelids. She rolled over on her side, trying to block out the light so she could sleep more, but it wasn't working, so she slowly opened her eyes and sat up her bed. Her room wasn't all that different from the night before, except her clothes weren't in the laundry basket, but were on the floor because she was too tired when she got home, so she simply took off her clothes and fell asleep in Hige's hoody and a pair of boxer shorts. Miko lay curled up on a pillow next to her bed, so she was careful not to step on him when she swung her legs over the side of her bed and began to walk to her dresser.
She walked to her bathroom, a soft robe and towel in hand and looked at herself in the long full-length mirror. Her hair was a complete mess, which didn't surprise her much since she was a rough sleeper, but she had dark circles around her eyes from being up so late.
Ten minutes later, Blue emerged from the shower wearing her robe and with her towel on her head and she made her way cheerfully to the kitchen. She was still thinking about everything that had happened the night before, and for the first time in a long while she was glad that Pop's was out of the house so often. She took his usual note off of the refridgerator door and looked at it.
Blue, I'm sorry but I'll be out until really late tonight again. There is ramen and other things for you to eat in the cabinet. Behave yourself and have a good day.
love, Pops.
"He leaves me almost the exact, same note everyday," sighed Blue. She opened the fridge and pulled out a bowl of mashed potatoes from the night before and found a clean fork in the dishwasher, then sat in the comfy armchair in the living room and turned on the t.v. After Blue finished her food, she looked at the clock. She had an hour before she was supposed to meet Hige at the park, so she decided to go get dressed.
Twenty minutes later, Blue was headed out the front door, her house key in her back pocket, along with a few dollars in case she needed the money. She then began her walk to the park, noticing all the things you can only see in the daylight. There was still snow on the ground, and it was pretty deep. There were also a few icicles hanging from the smaller trees, their leaves frozen over completely. Blue was afraid that if she touched one, it would shatter like glass, for it looked so delicate.
She arrived at the park and took a seat on the swing where she sat the night before. Hige arrived a few minutes later.
"Hey, how's it goin?" he asked, sitting next to her.
"It's alright, I guess," replied Blue. "I brought back your hoody." She handed it to him. Hige noticed how it was folded neatly and blushed a little.
"You didn't have to fold it, and you could have kept it for a few days if you wanted to."
"I was sure you would be missing it."
Hige nodded and took it, pulling his hoody over his head, and then looking back at Blue. "You smell really nice, did you know that?"
Blue flushed. "That's what I thought about you when I put it on last night."
Hige shook his head then laughed. "You know, I when I was walking home last night, I think I figured out where I know you from."
"Oh really? Where's that?"
"Well," Hige paused. "Okay, you have to promise you won't think I'm crazy."
"Alright."
"No, you have to pinky swear."
"What?" Blue looked at Hige with a confused expression. "I haven't done that since third grade!"
Hige shook his head. "I don't care, you have to." Blue sighed and and stuck out her pinky finger and Hige linked his around her's. "Cross your heart and hope to die you won't laugh?"
"I can't gaurentee that much." Blue smiled. "Just tell me."
"Well, maybe, at least I think, we might have known each other in another life."
"You mean like, reincarnation and all that stuff?" Hige nodded and Blue remaind silent. "See, I knew you would think it was crazy."
"I don't!" said Blue quickly. "I mean, it isn't impossible, but it isn't what I thought you would say, that's all."
"What did you think I would say?" Blue remained silent and began to swing. "Well?"
"I don't know, exactly, but that wasn't it." She sighed. "Like maybe you saw meat the book store or something, I don't know." Hige stood up and walked behind Blue's swing and began to help push her. "Aw, don't do that, Hige,you makefeel like a baby!"
"What if I want to push you on the swings?" he asked, pressing his hands gently against her back.
"If you inist." Blue closed her eyes and felt the cold air rushing on her face when she went up into the air, then felt it run through her hair when the swing came back down.
A brown wolf was walking slowly behind the others, he was bleeding badly, but that didn't stop him from walking. There were also three others: a grey wolf with a scar on his chest, a smaller brown wolf with silver bracelets, and then a large white wolf leading the way, all of them walking on a desolate land of greyish snow. The whole world appeared to be dying.
"Blue are you okay?" Blue opened her eyes and looked at Hige. She had stopped moving and he was kneeling in front of her. "You kinda spaced out for a while, it was creepy."
"I'm fine, Hige."
Hige sighed. "You're lying again, Blue. Are you feeling sick or something?" Blue shook her head and looked down at her clasped hands on her lap. Hige put his larger hands over Blue's. Blue suddenly felt sad, as if something were being ripped away from her and she leaned forward and rest her head on Hige's shoulder.
"Don't leave me, Hige," she whispered and she felt warm tears run down her cheeks. Hige nodded and closed his eyes.
"I won't, Blue. I promise."